+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Applications

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Digital_Tofu said:
Hey guys,

So I filed my Application on Dec 17, received my AOR around the same time as everyone else. I am just wondering what the next step will be and when December applications should (roughly) begin to start getting notified of the next stage?

I realize I'm a little early, just wanted to discuss the coming steps with people going through the process at the same time as me.

Any thoughts or discussion on this would be appreciated. Waiting is killing me!
October applicants are receiving the medical requests right now. So until December applicants might
start getting the first MRs in about 4+ weeks.

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
October applicants are receiving the medical requests right now. So until December applicants might
start getting the first MRs in about 4+ weeks.
That's actually not too far away! So that is literally the next step? We will receive notification to get a medical? I was thinking we might not hear anything until close to Christmas, since it said processing times can take up at 13 months etc.

This is good news! I was told somewhere that if you receive notification to get MR, then it's generally means you have a pretty solid chance of your PR being approved. Would this assumption be correct? (providing your MR comes back clean obviously)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Digital_Tofu said:
That's actually not too far away! So that is literally the next step? We will receive notification to get a medical? I was thinking we might not hear anything until close to Christmas, since it said processing times can take up at 13 months etc.

This is good news! I was told somewhere that if you receive notification to get MR, then it's generally means you have a pretty solid chance of your PR being approved. Would this assumption be correct? (providing your MR comes back clean obviously)
When you receive the RPRF request, that usually means that eligibility checks are completed and only medical and security checks
are still ongoing. So, by the time you get the RPRF request the chances are high that you will be your application approved.

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
When you receive the RPRF request, that usually means that eligibility checks are completed and only medical and security checks
are still ongoing. So, by the time you get the RPRF request the chances are high that you will be your application approved.
Thanks for your help! Sorry about my ignorance, I'm still learning all of the abbreviations mentioned in this forum... RPRF stands for?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Digital_Tofu said:
Thanks for your help! Sorry about my ignorance, I'm still learning all of the abbreviations mentioned in this forum... RPRF stands for?
Check this post on my website :)
>> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/04/common-abbreviations.html

There's a list of common abbreviations. Hope this helps.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Digital_Tofu said:
That's great info. Thanks very much.
You're most welcome! :) Check back in if you have more questions.
Make sure to check my website http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/ for answers as well.

Abhi21

Dec 31, 2013
Hi Folks,
I got my AOR on Feb 11. I haven't received RCMP request yet. Is everyone gets RCMP request or it depends case to case.
Can anyone please advise.
Thanks in advance.

catchme288

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
Abhi21 said:
Hi Folks,
I got my AOR on Feb 11. I haven't received RCMP request yet. Is everyone gets RCMP request or it depends case to case.
Thanks in advance.
I filled on dec11 received application on 17 dec and got AOR-4 February. Waiting for any reply.

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abhi21 said:
Hi Folks,
Thanks in advance.
I'm still learning all of the abbreviations. What does RCMP stand for?

sandrinho

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
Digital_Tofu said:
I'm still learning all of the abbreviations. What does RCMP stand for?
it stands for: Royal Canadian Mounted Police ...

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandrinho said:
it stands for: Royal Canadian Mounted Police ...
Oh... of course, I should I known that. Thanks! I submitted a federal police check from my own country (Australia) and also finger prints from Canada (since I've been living here for 2 years) with my PR application. So after AOR, will there be an additional police check required from RCMP or something? I am just trying to understand the question above asking if everyone is required to get an "RCMP". I thought all police documents were required to be subtitled with your PR application?

The next step after AOR os MR isn't it? Just trying to get my head around this long and confusing process :)

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Digital_Tofu said:
Oh... of course, I should I known that. Thanks! I submitted a federal police check from my own country (Australia) and also finger prints from Canada (since I've been living here for 2 years) with my PR application. So after AOR, will there be an additional police check required from RCMP or something? I am just trying to understand the question above asking if everyone is required to get an "RCMP". I thought all police documents were required to be subtitled with your PR application?

The next step after AOR os MR isn't it? Just trying to get my head around this long and confusing process :)
RCMP is not a compulsory document so you don't need to submit that with your application. But it's possible that in later stage you'll be asked to provide CIC with RCMP document based on your finger prints. It happens when CIC runs criminality check (name based) and your name (usually when quite common) comes out as not "clean". In such cases CIC requires RCMP doc.