+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dec 15 IELTS GT American countries

dkhaneja

Oct 22, 2015
I don't remember the count but something of this order

1) London had the largest fog issue in 19th century compared to any other city in world- I marked as true but I think it's not given because the text said something like London had largest fog of all cities in Britain but it didn't say anything about world.

2) the commission was started when the fog was at it's worst stage - not given I think

3) in 19 the century London had the largest illness recorded. - true I think text said something like at any point of time there were thousands with lung disease.

4) Conor's paintings true colors - true

2) part. Initially, I wrote not given. In the last 1 min, I read again and it clearly was written ‘ironically, the inquiry was called when the fog levels were low in the decades’ I believe, the answer is false.

dkhaneja

Oct 22, 2015
1) microwave
2) forest
3) shower
4) lake
5) 18%
6) tennis
7) fishing
8) farm
These answers seems pretty accurate. I can match 7 out of 8. I could not understand that british accent saying lake. I heard something like ‘a-laike’ and in that heat of moment could not figure out it is ‘lake’. I also believe, audio was fast.

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
2) part. Initially, I wrote not given. In the last 1 min, I read again and it clearly was written ‘ironically, the inquiry was called when the fog levels were low in the decades’ I believe, the answer is false.
yES, FALSE

dkhaneja

Oct 22, 2015
yES, FALSE
Do you remember the there was another part where they stated ‘London had major illness compared to all other cities’ I am not sure but either was true or not given. I chose true initially but ehen I read again, second part of the statemeng was not given. Therefore, I chose not given ☹

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
Do you remember the there was another part where they stated ‘London had major illness compared to all other cities’ I am not sure but either was true or not given. I chose true initially but ehen I read again, second part of the statemeng was not given. Therefore, I chose not given ☹
I chose true as the text states: any large city had such kind of pollution

Reactions: anuch2588

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
J

i also wrote JWN turner ☹ It seemed pretty natural after reading some lines prior to intro of Monet.
I chose that as I was running out of time but I didnt read nothing that could mean that Monet was inspired by JWN Turner :confused:o_O:(:confused::confused:

dkhaneja

Oct 22, 2015
There was a true,false,ng question about whether money painted in a realistic way, or something like that.

Does anyone remember the question and the answer?
Yes, it was True. ‘The artist exaggerated the colors, though they were true in sense, thats what he intended to do’ soemthing like this

Reactions: anuch2588 and Eli31