+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dealing with Post ITA Pregnancy

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hi,

Thank you all very much for sharing your inputs.
@Anpman, Based on your inputs most of my scenarios are exactly the same.

I do have few follow up questions, It will be helpful if you can address those as well :
1) When is the ideal time to inform about the pregnancy to IRCC, is it after getting the PPR or before that?
Do we have to follow any template for a doctor's letter to submit as proof?
2) Once the baby is born I have to be ready with required documentation and I have to pay application fees CAD 150$ and complete Medical examination for the baby, after which the baby would receive PPR. While this happens, the Initial PPR that we received will still be valid for both of us?
3) How long will it to the COPR golden email once we submit above listed formalities? (If I submit everything by mid of July 2020)
3) Once everything goes fine, If we plan to do soft landing is it advisable to disclose that we are there for a soft landing?

Thanks !
1.we informed after receiving PPR mail..I just attached the letter in which dr mentioned tat my wife is pregnant and due date...so no particular format..
After that we received a email that our application is on hold and when baby is born inform cic immediately..
2.its better to be ready with baby passport,birth certificate and then inform cic ,they will send you email with form that has to be filled by cic dr..so dr visit will be after that email..and usually they give 1month to submit all documents and pay the fees...
Ur initial ppr will be on hold..
3.i submitted my documents on 15th August and received golden email on 30th August...but timeline can vary according to ur application ..I already had enough proof of funds initially..
4.yeah we told them that we are there for soft landing...also they themselves ask will u shift here permanently now or later..
In my experience better to be honest in every step...
Where r u located? I did all dis process from usa...
Hope I answered all ur questions

Reactions: itsgp

itsgp

Oct 11, 2019
Hi,
Thanks for your detailed explanation. It really helps me to plan it accordingly. I am also processing it from US.

Thanks much!

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hi,
Thanks for your detailed explanation. It really helps me to plan it accordingly. I am also processing it from US.

Thanks much!
One more thing as soon as ur baby is born apply for birth certificate and ssn..as u will need them for baby s passport and cic gives u only 1 month to submit documents and dr checkup after you inform them of baby birth..

itsgp

Oct 11, 2019
One more thing as soon as ur baby is born apply for birth certificate and ssn..as u will need them for baby s passport and cic gives u only 1 month to submit documents and dr checkup after you inform them of baby birth..
Sure Thanks for more details. Appreciate it.

itsgp

Oct 11, 2019
Hi,
I have received the PPR email invitation and based on earlier posts, I have shared a Doctor letter stating that my wife is pregnant and due date details. I got the acknowledgment stating it's been shared with the respective team. Its been more than 5 business days and I haven't heard back from them whether my PR process is on hold or what are the next steps to be taken going forward.

Just Curious to know is there any Contact number to reach(Presently I am staying in the US so I have to call from here) and discuss on the above query?
Or We have to wait for their response if so any idea on how long will IRCC take time to respond?

Could you please share your thoughts. Thanks !

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hi,
I have received the PPR email invitation and based on earlier posts, I have shared a Doctor letter stating that my wife is pregnant and due date details. I got the acknowledgment stating it's been shared with the respective team. Its been more than 5 business days and I haven't heard back from them whether my PR process is on hold or what are the next steps to be taken going forward.

Just Curious to know is there any Contact number to reach(Presently I am staying in the US so I have to call from here) and discuss on the above query?
Or We have to wait for their response if so any idea on how long will IRCC take time to respond?

Could you please share your thoughts. Thanks !
For me it took 7-10 days to respond...u can wait for 1 week more...
If there is no response then try calling cic ...I can search forum for how to call cic from usa as the number which I called is not available anymore...also I got the reply thru email...
Hope I answered ur query...

itsgp

Oct 11, 2019
For me it took 7-10 days to respond...u can wait for 1 week more...
If there is no response then try calling cic ...I can search forum for how to call cic from usa as the number which I called is not available anymore...also I got the reply thru email...
Hope I answered ur query...
Sure Thanks for your inputs, We will wait for 5 more business days then.
I tried to search through our forum but I am unable to get a proper contact number for IRCC agents to call from the US. If you get to know from your friends/colleagues please let me know.

Thanks !

itsgp

Oct 11, 2019
Sure Thanks for your inputs, We will wait for 5 more business days then.
I tried to search through our forum but I am unable to get a proper contact number for IRCC agents to call from the US. If you get to know from your friends/colleagues please let me know.

Thanks !
Hi,

It's been more than 15 business days we haven't received any updates from responsible officer. When we submitted web form again we got the same response from the agent stating "Responsible will reach for any further documents"

My concern is we have only 5 more days to submit our passports for PPR. Soni am confused whether we can wait for their response or proceed with primary and spouse passport alone as there are no updates stating our PR is on hold or not!

When I tried to reach IRCC through call it's not connecting and it seems web form is the only mode of connectivity.

Do you suggest any other option?

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi,

It's been more than 15 business days we haven't received any updates from responsible officer. When we submitted web form again we got the same response from the agent stating "Responsible will reach for any further documents"

My concern is we have only 5 more days to submit our passports for PPR. Soni am confused whether we can wait for their response or proceed with primary and spouse passport alone as there are no updates stating our PR is on hold or not!

When I tried to reach IRCC through call it's not connecting and it seems web form is the only mode of connectivity.

Do you suggest any other option?
Hi @itsgp,
Do you mind sharing what happened next ? Thanks

itsgp

Oct 11, 2019
Hi @itsgp,
Do you mind sharing what happened next ? Thanks
Hi,

I have sent 6 Webform requests and due to the current COVID issue we are getting delayed responses. And in all responses, we are getting a generic reply (like "we are processing your application and we will contact you if anything required")

I am still waiting for them to get back !

sarfaraza

Sep 17, 2019
1.we informed after receiving PPR mail..I just attached the letter in which dr mentioned tat my wife is pregnant and due date...so no particular format..
After that we received a email that our application is on hold and when baby is born inform cic immediately..
2.its better to be ready with baby passport,birth certificate and then inform cic ,they will send you email with form that has to be filled by cic dr..so dr visit will be after that email..and usually they give 1month to submit all documents and pay the fees...
Ur initial ppr will be on hold..
3.i submitted my documents on 15th August and received golden email on 30th August...but timeline can vary according to ur application ..I already had enough proof of funds initially..
4.yeah we told them that we are there for soft landing...also they themselves ask will u shift here permanently now or later..
In my experience better to be honest in every step...
Where r u located? I did all dis process from usa...
Hope I answered all ur questions

Very informative.. 1 question, would they open a profile section for the New Born for information to be filled/uploaded like the other applicants?

sarfaraza

Sep 17, 2019
This is a very nice thread and I am happy to read all the experiences shared here.. I also understand that this is some time back for most of you and you might not recall everything..

I just have 1 question.. once the baby is visible under the Dependent List and also under the Document section - there are no placeholders for the new born, do we need to fill/upload anything? or the documents provided are enough?

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
This is a very nice thread and I am happy to read all the experiences shared here.. I also understand that this is some time back for most of you and you might not recall everything..

I just have 1 question.. once the baby is visible under the Dependent List and also under the Document section - there are no placeholders for the new born, do we need to fill/upload anything? or the documents provided are enough?
Once the new born is added in the dependent list you'll just need to wait patiently untill you get your file approved. Incase if there is any additional requirements , they will let you know.

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
Hello experts,

Is it mandatory to add non-accompanying new born in the PR application. what documents are asked by IRCC if new born is added to PR application but will not accompany to Canada.
In my PR application my spouse and an existing child is non-accompanying because I will sponsor them once I settle in Canada.

Now, we are expecting a new addition to our family in a month time.

Your expert advice will be appreciated.

BIJITIN.P.C

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Hai friends
Inland october /2019 CRS 471
ITA- september 21
AOR - october 9
Medicals passed- november 11
Married on jan 23/ 2020
Added spouse feb 1
Additional documents requested submitted on feb 14
Biometris request leter april 5
Spouse medicals passed on may 23/2020
Biometrics completed on july 19/2020 at qatar bcz of covid all the centers closed
Ordered Gcms note on July 27
Received gcms note on Aug 12
Assessment
Eligibility: passed
Security: s15(1)
HIRV:
Criminality : passed
Org crime;
Medical ; passed
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing : complete
Other refs:
Final:

My wife was pregnant while my application on pregnant
October 7 baby boy born
Informed IRCC through web form
My questions are,
1. what are the documents I needed to add my LO to Pr application?
2. Do I have to show proof of funds for 3 people which is around 16000$ (But I am applied under CEC,so I is it required)
3. In IMM008 they are asking which programme under you are applying for ...... ?
which one I have to choose family - dependent child or economic - Canadian experience class
4. How long it will take to process after adding my LO to application ?

It now 1 yr , still waiting for PR
plz hep friends
Thanks in advance