+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dealing with Post ITA Pregnancy

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
I think the status of your application should change to something like ‘We are reviewing the results of your medical exam’ under the Medicals section of your application home page.
I submitted everything through a web form.
Mailing them the documents separately will not achieve anything more.
In how many days the status will change ,do u have any idea?

Davinci.rishi

Mar 13, 2019
In how many days the status will change ,do u have any idea?
I did my children’s medicals on 5 August. My application has been updated today with “We are reviewing the results of your medical exam”.
So 7 working days in my case: just as the hospital told me.
I would suggest calling the place where you got your medicals done and checking with them.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
I did my children’s medicals on 5 August. My application has been updated today with “We are reviewing the results of your medical exam”.
So 7 working days in my case: just as the hospital told me.
I would suggest calling the place where you got your medicals done and checking with them.
My status changed on 12th August that u passed ur medical..I did my newborn medical on 10th August...now I dnt know what that means..

Davinci.rishi

Mar 13, 2019
That means my newborn has passed the medical ? Dis has been send by dr or they have received my documents?
@Anpman Dude, this means that the medicals you submitted have been sent by the Panel Physician, received by CIC, and they have adjudged you and your dependents to be medically fit to immigrate to Canada.
If you or anyone in your dependent family had failed their medical, you wouldn’t have got this status.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
@Anpman Dude, this means that the medicals you submitted have been sent by the Panel Physician, received by CIC, and they have adjudged you and your dependents to be medically fit to immigrate to Canada.
If you or anyone in your dependent family had failed their medical, you wouldn’t have got this status.
Today I got email that my newborn has been added to my file..Do you have any idea what will be the next step?
Can I expect PPR mail within few days?

Jomush

Dec 2, 2018
I had my baby in 2017 while myself, my other kids and husband had received a COPR and the immigrant visa on our passports!!
However 02 months before they accepted to update my baby’s details!! We have submitted the required documents! Also a second PCC with validity from 2017 was also submitted upon request.
My other kids, my husband and myself were stopped at the airport saying that inspite of having the COPR and immigrant visas on our passport we were not permitted to travel as my baby’s paper work were in progress.
May I know how long would it take for my baby’s formalities to be completed??!!!
I am concerned about the 1 year expiry of our immigrant visa!!
Could someone please shed some light on this matter...

TSHETTY

Mar 31, 2019
Hi All,

Need some help from everyone. Haider's post has been really helpful for adding my new born to my profile.

I have been reading some posts here about payment of fees for adding the new born. I unfortunately have missed making any additional payments. Can someone please guide me on how go about making the payment for the new born. Below are my timelines:

ITA: 28th Nov 2018
AOR submitted: 14th Jan 2019 (Medicals for wife uploaded without xray)
Baby was born in Feb'19
Wife's xray was done in March'19
Baby's documentation was also uploaded in March
Medical cleared as on 5th April.
My baby has been listed under my dependents (since May, don't remember exactly when)

As per processing timelines I should have received my PPR on 14th July but I haven't got any revert, is this because of non payment of the fees?

Please guide should I pay the fees or not, if yes then how and how do I intimate CIC about the payment. Appreciate the group's support.

I have also applied for GCMS note about 35 days ago but haven't received any revert.

itsgp

Oct 11, 2019
Hello All,

Thank you each and everyone for sharing their experience and thoughts.

I am having a query and it will be helpful if you could assist in this!

We have submitted express entry PR application in Aug 2019 and received AOR Aug' 19 also completed Medical, Biometrics. We came to know my wife got pregnant during Oct 2019. Per the latest status, we are expecting PPR Canadian Visa by Feb 2020 and our Medical expiration is in mid of Aug 2020.

I have the following queries and need your inputs :
1. Do we need to inform IRCC immediately about my wife's pregnancy or only after Baby Birth?
2. Is it advisable to do soft landing before baby birth (Expected month of Birth -June 2020) or after the Baby birth can we travel with baby for a soft landing?
3. If we need to travel after Baby Birth, could you share the required documents to be carried for Baby?
4. Since our Medical expiry is on Aug 20 and expected baby birth is by end of May or 1st week of Jun 2020 not sure if If it is possible to make it within 2 months landing to Canada as medical expiration is on Aug 2020.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks!

Davinci.rishi

Mar 13, 2019
Hello All,

We have submitted express entry PR application in Aug 2019 and received AOR Aug' 19 also completed Medical, Biometrics. We came to know my wife got pregnant during Oct 2019. Per the latest status, we are expecting PPR Canadian Visa by Feb 2020 and our Medical expiration is in mid of Aug 2020.

1. Do we need to inform IRCC immediately about my wife's pregnancy or only after Baby Birth?

The only scenario in which you would NOT inform IRCC about the pregnancy is if your wife can fly while still allowed and if you plan to have the baby there. In every other scenario you would need to inform them because the child would need to be added to the application.

2. Is it advisable to do soft landing before baby birth (Expected month of Birth -June 2020) or after the Baby birth can we travel with baby for a soft landing?

You have both options, going by the timelines you’ve provided. Do whatever suits you better. Obviously there are advantages and disadvantages to both approaches.

3. If we need to travel after Baby Birth, could you share the required documents to be carried for Baby?

You will need a birth certificate and passport for the baby. You will need to pay CAD 150 application fees for the baby, and the child shall also need a medical examination. Family information submitted during the initial application shall also need to be resubmitted, updated with the baby’s details.
When you inform the IRCC, they give you detailed instructions on the requirements above.

4. Since our Medical expiry is on Aug 20 and expected baby birth is by end of May or 1st week of Jun 2020 not sure if If it is possible to make it within 2 months landing to Canada as medical expiration is on Aug 2020.

Yes, this sounds very tight. If you go before the baby’s birth and return to have the baby here, I believe it is a huge hassle to then take the baby when you go for good, as you’ll have to sponsor the child separately.
However, if you wait and have the baby here, inform the IRCC of your intention to add the baby to your application, and then submit documents, the IRCC will give you more time to land, or in the worst case, ask you to redo your medicals. Don’t worry, nothing bad will happen if you’re honest.

Thanks!

Reactions: itsgp

TSHETTY

Mar 31, 2019
Hello All,

Thanks!
To address your queries:
There are few threads on this forum regarding informing IRCC about the pregnancy and how to go about it. You can look into them, IRCC might push your timelines to accommodate the baby but please do your research, I am personally not sure about this.

Since PPR is expected before delivery, you will have to figure the sponsorship route to add your baby. You wont be able to add the baby into your current application. Doing a soft landing with the baby looks difficult as between delivery (June) to medical expiry (Aug) wont be
enough time to get the documentation in place. I would suggest do a soft landing before, atleast you will be guaranteed about your PR.

Just FYR in my case, my PPR was expected in Jul'19 and my baby was born in Feb'19 so I could add her to my on going profile. This delay my PPR and I finally got it in Sep instead of July. I am planning on soft landing with my baby soon. Procedure for adding an infant is here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dealing-with-post-ita-pregnancy.529951/. One additional point is that you have to pay 150 CAD

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello All,

Thanks!
I was in same situation
1.i informed cic after I reciept ppr mail about my wife pregnancy..after that they put ur application on hold and ask them to inform when ur baby is born..
My timeline are
My Ita-15th oct
Medical done-25th oct
Got to know my wife pregnant in November
AOR 8th dec
Expected delivery date-July 19
Received ppr-12th June,19
Informed cic about pregnancy with letter from dr
Cic said to inform them as soon as baby is born..I informed them 1week after baby was born i.e 22nd July (that was the mistake I did)as same day I received email to submit baby passport ,medical within 1month...although I mentioned them it will take 2 months to get my baby documents..
Somehow I collected baby passport and did medical in 1 month and send it to cic ..received Ppr mail 1week after sending baby documents..
2.if u want baby to be Canadian citizen and have funds to support pregnancy and delivery cost in Canada do land in Canada before baby is born..but chances are there tat when u receive ur COPR ur wife will be in last trimester and it will be difficult to her to travel..
If u chose to do only soft landing before baby is born ,then u wl have to sponsor baby which can take almost 1yr after u or ur wife permanently shift there..
3..u just need baby passport,birth certificate and medical
4.our medical expiry was oct 25th,baby born on July 15th..also had less time..but by god grace everything went fine and did soft landing in September..
If u hv any questions,I can answer that as well..

itsgp

Oct 11, 2019
Hi,

Thank you all very much for sharing your inputs.
@Anpman, Based on your inputs most of my scenarios are exactly the same.

I do have few follow up questions, It will be helpful if you can address those as well :
1) When is the ideal time to inform about the pregnancy to IRCC, is it after getting the PPR or before that?
Do we have to follow any template for a doctor's letter to submit as proof?
2) Once the baby is born I have to be ready with required documentation and I have to pay application fees CAD 150$ and complete Medical examination for the baby, after which the baby would receive PPR. While this happens, the Initial PPR that we received will still be valid for both of us?
3) How long will it to the COPR golden email once we submit above listed formalities? (If I submit everything by mid of July 2020)
3) Once everything goes fine, If we plan to do soft landing is it advisable to disclose that we are there for a soft landing?

Thanks !