+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dealing with Post ITA Pregnancy

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Thanks Haider and Supenova....
Hi Mann,

Did you receive a ghost update before receiving your PPR?

I got an email from CIC saying: "Your application has been updated." But when I log in to the account, I see no updates.

Praying that I receive my PPR soon.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Never in my dreams, I expected that I will be updating my post so soon....
Got PPR email on 6th Feb 2019.....Was not expecting this soon, just 15 days after submitting baby's documents.....
Will definitely continue to help on this wonderful forum.....
Hello Maan,
I m in similar situation like urs so need ur advice.
My AOR is 8th dec,18.My wife got pregnant after medical.Her due date is in July,19.Acc to latest trend I am expecting my PPR mail by June,19.Shld I inform immigration authorities now tat my wife is expecting?Or I should I inform them after receiving PPR mail?
If I inform them after PPR mail and add my newborn to application,how much extra time my application will take to again PPR?
As my medical will expire in October,19 and I suppose I should land before that.
Thank you in advance

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hello Maan,
My AOR is 8th dec,18.My wife got pregnant after medical.Her due date is in July,19.Acc to latest trend I am expecting my PPR mail by June,19.Shld I inform immigration authorities now tat my wife is expecting?Or I should I inform them after receiving PPR mail?
If I inform them after PPR mail and add my newborn to application,how much extra time my application will take to again PPR?
As my medical will expire in October,19 and I suppose I should land before that.
Thank you in advance
No need to inform them of pregnancy, only after baby is born and if you still haven't landed.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
No need to inform them of pregnancy, only after baby is born and if you still haven't landed.
Ok..Thank you.
I cannot land until my baby is born.
How much extra time it will take to finally get PPR mail after adding newborn to the application?

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
Hi Mann,

Did you receive a ghost update before receiving your PPR?

I got an email from CIC saying: "Your application has been updated." But when I log in to the account, I see no updates.

Praying that I receive my PPR soon.
Actually no ghost update before PPR. May be I missed any such update.
One of my known with similar case, saw ghost update yesterday and today he received PPR email. He submitted baby's document on 31st Jan 2019.

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
Hello Maan,
Thank you in advance
In my case, Medical was not complete hence we informed them during AOR and had xray defferel letter.
In ur case, its seems that medical is passed and now you need to inform only after you get PPR email from them.
PPR email states that if there is new born or pregnancy, then do inform.
After new born birth, delay is mostly in your hand, i.e. how many days you take to complete the birth documents/passports, etc. After you submit these documents, 15-20 days or maximum month will be taken to issue new PPR (going per present trend)

SoliGargari

Mar 19, 2019
Hi All,

My husband and I applied for express entry while we were working with open work permit here in Toronto. We applied for PR last year January and we submitted the necessary medical exam (blood+urine+chest xray). However, we received an email that our medical exam has been expired after one year and we need to submit new tests. I'm 12 weeks pregnant now and I cannot put my baby under any risk with xray. Our lawyer says that both our cases would be on hold until I submit the xray exam after delivery. I mean this seems very insane to me. I already did that test while I was in Canada last year ( and I have not left country since I entered Canada. ) Any advice on this case would be very appreciated.

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
Hi All,

My husband and I applied for express entry while we were working with open work permit here in Toronto. We applied for PR last year January and we submitted the necessary medical exam (blood+urine+chest xray). However, we received an email that our medical exam has been expired after one year and we need to submit new tests. I'm 12 weeks pregnant now and I cannot put my baby under any risk with xray. Our lawyer says that both our cases would be on hold until I submit the xray exam after delivery. I mean this seems very insane to me. I already did that test while I was in Canada last year ( and I have not left country since I entered Canada. ) Any advice on this case would be very appreciated.
In this case, PR can't be issued till medicals are valid. In ur case medicals expired in January and they require new medicals which also include x-ray. Also it seems that ur file is clear and is only awaiting medicals. Better to get deferral letter for xray and get xray done post delivery. Your file will be on hold till that time.

SoliGargari

Mar 19, 2019
In this case, PR can't be issued till medicals are valid. In ur case medicals expired in January and they require new medicals which also include x-ray. Also it seems that ur file is clear and is only awaiting medicals. Better to get deferral letter for xray and get xray done post delivery. Your file will be on hold till that time.
Thank you very much for reply. We tried to convince the physician to submit the deferral letter. Howeve, he claims that the system is emedical system and he cannot upload letter instead of the real xray.

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
Thank you very much for reply. We tried to convince the physician to submit the deferral letter. Howeve, he claims that the system is emedical system and he cannot upload letter instead of the real xray.
He is right, he can't upload deferral letter in emedical system. When we go for medical, we normally get single page confirmation mentioning our UMI. Same is submitted along with PR application. In pregnancy deferral cases, person gets additional letter from hospital which mentions patients LMP, due date, etc. You will be required to submit that also with medical confirmation.

Krish00kk

Mar 31, 2018
Never in my dreams, I expected that I will be updating my post so soon....
Got PPR email on 6th Feb 2019.....Was not expecting this soon, just 15 days after submitting baby's documents.....
Will definitely continue to help on this wonderful forum.....
Hi Mann - Congratulations first of all.

Which country are you from?

I am from India(mentioning the country as timelines and VO are diff based on country of application) and in a similar situation. Timelines for me are as follows:
ITA - 28-Nov-18
Since my wife was already expecting, we delayed the submission so that we can delay the medicals too, as it has 12 months validity.
AOR - 19-Jan-19 (Medicals submitted along with deferral letter for my wife).
Tentative application processing timeline is 19-Jul-19
Pending medicals done on 13-Mar-19
and it showed in a week's time that medicals have been cleared.
Biometrics also provided on the same date and shows cleared.
Son's docs arranged, created CSE enquiry, uploaded docs like - Passport, birth certificate, e-medicals(upfront) on 23-Mar-19.
Uploaded forms - IMM0008, IMM5406e for both myself and my spouse on 26-Mar-19.
Uploaded upfront child fee for application CAD 150 on 27-Mar-19.
Ghost status update on 29-Mar-19.

I logged into the account and it showed my son's name under dependents section. Until here everything went smooth and hopefully nothing is pending from my end. POF submitted earlier was keeping in mind the 3rd member in the application, hence was sufficient enough for

I called CIC once to confirm the docs have been received by them.
They mentioned the below
1. Medicals, Biometrics cleared.
2. Eligibility met.
3. BGC, criminality, security check yet to start. I believe the criminality check is based on the PCC doc that we submit to them. And not sure why should it take long.
4. Child's e-medicals to be checked.
5. Timelines should get delayed now from 19-Jul-19 to 19-Sep-19. :( 2 months of further delay when everything has been provided to them. This scares me the most.

Few questions:
1. Now after my son showed up in the application - my medical status remains unchanged. Does it mean that they already checked the upfront e-medical report for him? Or it will take sometime for them to change the status to in-progress again and then to cleared again?
2. Also under section where it shows uploaded docs - Under my son's name there is no field that shows the docs I have submitted so far. Will they do it in due course of time? Or will they create some placeholders for me to upload them again there?
3. Will they really take this long? 6 months from now when they have all docs, everything with them?

Awaiting your response. If you are in India - you can leave your number so that I can connect with you instead of spamming you here.

Thanks,
K

planetearth

Oct 1, 2018
Assalam o alaikum / Hello everyone,

I recently got my PPR and as everyone has their own PPR journey mine was unique in itself. One of the aspects of which was that we had our daughter after getting the ITA. The following is a guide to anyone who goes through similar circumstances:

So you got your ITA (Congrats) and found out you're going to have a baby soon (Congratulations once again!) with this new angel coming into your life your PPR journey may get delayed but there is no reason for it to stop.

How Pregnancy affects the Pre AOR / Post ITA Preparations:

Since you and your spouse are required to have a medical exam part of which is an X Ray. You will be asked whether you want to get it done or delay it, the other parts of the medical exam have to be undertaken as normal. Most doctors advise against it however it is your own choice as to how you approach this.

If you don't get the X Ray done - you will be provided with a pregnancy deferral letter which is a document you need to upload with the medical information sheet to your CIC account.

Having the Baby Pre AOR:

If you have the baby Pre AOR - it is, as per my understanding, required to disclose him/her as part of the application. I haven't any experience whether immigration officers provide you with any extra time to gather documents for the child but from what I have read I gathered that no extra time is given post the 90 Days deadline for filing documents for the ITA.

So my suggestion is; if your delivery date is before but close to the ITA deadline such that you will not be able to gather 1) Birth Certificate 2) Passport for the child, Get the AOR ASAP!

I suggest this because otherwise, if you are unable to provide the documents, you will not be able to file the application and if you don't disclose the child, that will be construed as misrepresentation.

Have filed the AOR & had the little bundle of Joy:

Congratulations!

Take time to recuperate. There is no hurry (Don't take too long though unless it can be justified somehow) I took my wife for the medical 10 days after the delivery however that was because we had a normal delivery. For more complicated deliveries, you may need longer and in my opinion that is fine. This is something that will be clarified to you by the clinic where you get the medical done, they may also call and ask you about this once the Expected Date of Delivery has passed.

Now that you feel ready to start working towards PPR, you should go get the X Ray done. The process is the same where you have to take an appointment informing them of the deferral. You may also want to take the bundle of joy with you for his/her medical however I would not recommend taking the baby at least for the first two weeks (Don't overwhelm the little one!).

To get the medical for the baby done you need to:
1) Open a CSE where you inform CIC of the LO (Little One)
2) Passport

Additional document required by CIC for filing application:
1) Birth Certificate

Once you open the CSE to add the LO:

Try to get the documentation ready before you do this. Normally, a CSE takes a week to get a response and they give you 30 Days to gather all the documents.

In some cases it may not be possible to gather all the documents in 30 days due to the bureaucratic structure of the government organisations so you may want to open the CSE once you have had some lead time but again don't take too long.

Once you have gotten a response to the CSE:

The response you get may be different for some people but I will mention here what happened to me:

1)They requested the above mentioned documents for the LO
2)Requested me to fill IMM0008 Form - which is basically the complete application no idea why they asked me to do this.
3)Requested me to fill IMM5406E Form - which is the additional family information form.
4)Requested that I get the medical done for the LO - process for which is exactly the same as getting your own medical done.

Once you have submitted all required documents:

You're done! Pat yourself on the back for me.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I wrote this post because today if I have my PPR it was by the Grace of God and the help I had from so many wonderful people here on the forum.

So I have two requests from anyone who reads this, when you pray please remember me and my family in your prayers and secondly, if possible, pay it forward by helping someone else out in any way you can.

Good luck!
First of all, I am very thankful for 'haideriqbal' for initiating this post.
Before I begin, I would like to say to Haider that: I have always kept you and and your family in my prayers.

Most of the people who are in similar situation go through:

(1) Google: "pregnant spouse" ; "newborn PR" ; "need help for pregnant applicant" ; "wife is pregnant post AOR" ; "how do I add my newborn to PR application" ; "newborn child PR process" ; "PR application for newborn baby" ; "my wife is pregnant" etc. etc.

(2) Somehow, like me, I wish people would end up with this haideriqbal's post

I do not want to rewrite the experience because mine is more or less same with haideriqbal's.

I would encourage people to go through this post and most (if not all) of all questions/queries will be answered. I would like to emphasize that how big help this post has been to me in my PR journey. I finished my landing process today.

---------------------------------------
If it helps, here is my timeline:

==== CEC Inland (2018 - 2019) ====

.......Nov......ITA........
.......Nov......Medical (with X-Ray Deferral Letter for my wife)........
.......Nov......AOR........
.......Dec.....................
.......Jan.....................
.......Feb......Little One comes to Planet Earth........
.......Feb......X-Ray for wife done.........
.......Mar......Medical Passed........
.......Mar......Additional Docs Requested (for more please read haideriqbal's post)........
.......Mar......Additional Docs Submitted........
.......Mar......Passport Request........
.......Mar......Passport Sent........
.......Apr.......COPR(s) + Passport(s) (with stamped immigration visa(s)) received........
.......Apr.......Appointment for landing in IRCC office request email sent........
.......Apr.......Appointment email with date and time received........
.......May......Landing process completed........

(Background and Eligibility Check/Processing in between Dec - Mar)

I would like to offer my gratitude to 'haideriqbal' again for taking his time our to write this incredible post.
Also, I would like to thank all the participants with their Q/As; which were very helpful too.

If somebody wound up reading this post, please keep 'haideriqbal' and his family in your prayers; and, I personally wish all the readers/ applicants all the best towards their application(s). Thanks.

PS: I am going to fill out CIC survey forms too. I encourage others (PR holders) to do the same.

Reactions: haideriqbal

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
First of all, I am very thankful for 'haideriqbal' for initiating this post.
Before I begin, I would like to say to Haider that: I have always kept you and and your family in my prayers.

Most of the people who are in similar situation go through:

(1) Google: "pregnant spouse" ; "newborn PR" ; "need help for pregnant applicant" ; "wife is pregnant post AOR" ; "how do I add my newborn to PR application" ; "newborn child PR process" ; "PR application for newborn baby" ; "my wife is pregnant" etc. etc.

(2) Somehow, like me, I wish people would end up with this haideriqbal's post

I do not want to rewrite the experience because mine is more or less same with haideriqbal's.

I would encourage people to go through this post and most (if not all) of all questions/queries will be answered. I would like to emphasize that how big help this post has been to me in my PR journey. I finished my landing process today.

If it helps, here is my timeline:

==== CEC Inland (2018 - 2019) ====

.......Nov......ITA........
.......Nov......Medical (with X-Ray Deferral Letter for my wife)........
.......Nov......AOR........
.......Dec.....................
.......Jan.....................
.......Feb......Little One comes to Planet Earth........
.......Feb......X-Ray for wife done.........
.......Mar......Medical Passed........
.......Mar......Additional Docs Requested (for more please read haideriqbal's post)........
.......Mar......Additional Docs Submitted........
.......Mar......Passport Request........
.......Mar......Passport Sent........
.......Apr.......COPR(s) + Passport(s) (with stamped immigration visa(s)) received........
.......Apr.......Appointment for landing in IRCC office request email sent........
.......Apr.......Appointment email with date and time received........
.......May......Landing process completed........

(Background and Eligibility Check/Processing in between Dec - Mar)

I would like to offer my gratitude to 'haideriqbal' again for taking his time our to write this incredible post.
Also, I would like to thank all the participants with their Q/As; which were very helpful too.

If somebody wound up reading this post, please keep 'haideriqbal' and his family in your prayers; and, I personally wish all the readers/ applicants all the best towards their application(s). Thanks.

PS: I am going to fill out CIC survey forms too. I encourage others (PR holders) to do the same.
Happy to hear that I could be of help and thank you for keeping me and my family in your prayers. :)