+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DAR ES SALAM OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2015

Mo84

Aug 11, 2016
Tun701 said:
I am sure there is no problem traveling in Canada @Mo84. Especially if you are going by vehicle. We just got back from a trip to BC and we live in Alberta. I know when you fly in Canada you just need government ID with a picture, so I would think that as long as you have a passport ( doesn't matter where it's from) a person would be fine. That said I know it says on my husbands document, no travel, I think that just means that he can't leave Canada until his card comes, to be able to get back in. We have also travelled back to Saskatchewan too because Canada doesn't have border control between provinces. Hope this helps!
Very informative. Appreciated.

hm28

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
XX-XX-XXXX
VISA ISSUED...
XX-XX-XXXX
LANDED..........
XX-XX-XXXX
Hey, I was just wondering... When my husband goes to do his medicals and he gets a receipt of the medical being done. Do I need an original or can he just scan it over to me to include it in the application?

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
hm28 said:
Hey, I was just wondering... When my husband goes to do his medicals and he gets a receipt of the medical being done. Do I need an original or can he just scan it over to me to include it in the application?
You can retain a copy and send the original although after your medicals are done, the results are posted to a CIC portal. Unlike the PCC which has to be strictly the original.

bukenya

May 22, 2016
Permanent Residence Application for my Ugandan Spouse (Visa Office Dar es Salaam).I am a Ugandan living in Canada and I sponsored my wife in Uganda for permanent residence (PR). Being Ugandans, the PR application was forwarded and processed from the Visa office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Timeline

March 14, 2016: Applicant got her criminal record check (certificate of good conduct) from the National Central Bureau of Interpol located at Plot 12, Mabua Road, Kololo.She applied for it two weeks earlier.

March 21, 2016: Applicant undertook Medical examination at IOM Kampala starting on March 11, 2016. Fee paid approximately $160 American dollars. Tests Included chest x-ray, medical examination, syphilis test, and HIV test. The tests were submitted to CIC on March 21, 2016.

March 24, 2016: I sent completed PR documents by Canada Post (Express) to [CPC Mississauga, P.O. Box 3000, Station A, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 4N6]: This included the receipts for Right of Permanent Residency Fee (Fee $490) and $550 for the application. Total of $ 1040 Canadian dollars.

March 30, 2016: PR documents were delivered to CPC Mississauga at 11:23 am.

April 22, 2016: CPC Mississauga started processing the sponsor’s application.

May 19, 2016: Sponsor of applicant was approved. Application forwarded to visa office in Dar es salaam for further processing.

May 24, 2016: Visa office started processing my wife's application. Application status on website indicated ‘in process’.

July 28, 2016: Online application updated to “Medical results have been received”.

July 28, 2016: Passport requested. Online status was, “We sent you correspondence on July 28, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.”

August 5, 2016: My wife used the services of VFS Global Uganda at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Mackenzie Vale, Kololo, Kampala to submit her passport along with two passport photos and the passport request letter to the High Commission of Canada in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The visa application centre (VAC) passport courier fees totalled to 209,800 Ugandan Shillings. We were provided with the passport tracking number.

August 12, 2016: Online status updated to “Decision made”.

August 19, 2016: The processed passport was dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Kampala, Uganda. My wife picked up her passport with the permanent resident visa along with The Confirmation of Permanent Residence. The visa expiry date is in March ,2017.

Kokolibataui

Jul 26, 2016
bukenya said:
Permanent Residence Application for my Ugandan Spouse (Visa Office Dar es Salaam).I am a Ugandan living in Canada and I sponsored my wife in Uganda for permanent residence (PR). Being Ugandans, the PR application was forwarded and processed from the Visa office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Timeline
Congratulation Bukenya

Kokolibataui

Jul 26, 2016
Just a quick update of our application.

we decided to use the DHL service to submit docs to the visa office which was done on August 26. DHL on the city where live my wife doesn't provide the return waybill.
August 31, the visa office requested the return waybill for Passport pick up which was sent on September 01.
September 03 we bought the ticket Dar to Montreal for the end of September.

September 06, surprise :eek:
The visa office is requesting for the CSQ :'( how come they did not requested the CSQ before the passport? This seems to be in my opinion an error from the visa office, i think the officer did not select that we are planing to live in Quebec.

September 06, i call the MICC to know why the SCQ is not sent yet? They said the CIC is working very fast now and they are not able to provide the CSQ within 25 days as it s written on the site. Thus the CSQ process will take about 2 months.

I hope the CSQ will come out very quickly so we dont have o change the ticket.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
bukenya said:
Timeline

March 14, 2016: Applicant got her criminal record check (certificate of good conduct) from the National Central Bureau of Interpol located at Plot 12, Mabua Road, Kololo.She applied for it two weeks earlier.

March 21, 2016: Applicant undertook Medical examination at IOM Kampala starting on March 11, 2016. Fee paid approximately $160 American dollars. Tests Included chest x-ray, medical examination, syphilis test, and HIV test. The tests were submitted to CIC on March 21, 2016.

March 24, 2016: I sent completed PR documents by Canada Post (Express) to [CPC Mississauga, P.O. Box 3000, Station A, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 4N6]: This included the receipts for Right of Permanent Residency Fee (Fee $490) and $550 for the application. Total of $ 1040 Canadian dollars.

May 19, 2016: Sponsor of applicant was approved. Application forwarded to visa office in Dar es salaam for further processing.

May 24, 2016: Visa office started processing my wife's application. Application status on website indicated ‘in process’.

July 28, 2016: Online application updated to “Medical results have been received”.

July 28, 2016: Passport requested. Online status was, “We sent you correspondence on July 28, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.”

August 5, 2016: My wife used the services of VFS Global Uganda at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Mackenzie Vale, Kololo, Kampala to submit her passport along with two passport photos and the passport request letter to the High Commission of Canada in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The visa application centre (VAC) passport courier fees totalled to 209,800 Ugandan Shillings. We were provided with the passport tracking number.

August 19, 2016: The processed passport was dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Kampala, Uganda. My wife picked up her passport with the permanent resident visa along with The Confirmation of Permanent Residence. The visa expiry date is in March ,2017.
That's an amazing timeline! So happy Dar is processing quickly. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations!

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Kokolibataui said:

we decided to use the DHL service to submit docs to the visa office which was done on August 26. DHL on the city where live my wife doesn't provide the return waybill.
August 31, the visa office requested the return waybill for Passport pick up which was sent on September 01.

The visa office is requesting for the CSQ :'( how come they did not requested the CSQ before the passport? This seems to be in my opinion an error from the visa office, i think the officer did not select that we are planing to live in Quebec.

September 06, i call the MICC to know why the SCQ is not sent yet? They said the CIC is working very fast now and they are not able to provide the CSQ within 25 days as it s written on the site. Thus the CSQ process will take about 2 months.

That is so frustrating! Hope they get it soon enough your wife can still make her flight. This might explain why you got your passport request faster than some others on this forum also from Quebec who applied before you. Keep us posted.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
Kokolibataui said:

Im also waiting for my wife's CSQ, and it's gonna be two months in a week. It's absolutely ridiculous, it's literally the same period i waited to get my SA from the federal government. I have no idea why they do this. However, i also find very strange that your got a PPR b4 even receiving your CSQ.

Mo84

Aug 11, 2016
bukenya said:
Timeline

Incredibly fast. Congrats brother!!

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
bukenya said:
Timeline

Congratulations Bukenya!
Amazing! Very carefully arranged details for the thread. Thank you Bukenya.....i beg to share it on the Nairobi thread.

Kokolibataui

Jul 26, 2016
momo2016 said:
Im also waiting for my wife's CSQ, and it's gonna be two months in a week. It's absolutely ridiculous, it's literally the same period i waited to get my SA from the federal government. I have no idea why they do this. However, i also find very strange that your got a PPR b4 even receiving your CSQ.
This is what is writen on the MICC site. I don't see why the Visa oficce is asking for CSQ now.
Steps to reduce sponsorship application processing times

As announced in June 2016, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has taken steps to reduce the current backlog in sponsorship applications. The Ministère is fully participating in this effort to reduce the backlog, which will make it possible to reduce wait times for all parties concerned in a sponsorship application.

Since the Ministère is receiving an exceptional volume of family sponsorship files, it has become impossible to respect the 25-day timeframe stipulated in the Déclaration de services à la clientèle for processing a sponsorship application.

However, this will not lead to any additional delays in issuing permanent residence visas for those being sponsored, since the Ministère is working with the IRCC to ensure that these files are processed. Steps have also been taken to ensure that the parties involved do not have to be concerned about the date of issue of their Certificat de sélection du Québec. The Ministère will look after this in concert with the IRCC.

For more information, see the IRCC notice.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
Kokolibataui said:
This is what is writen on the MICC site. I don't see why the Visa oficce is asking for CSQ now.
Steps to reduce sponsorship application processing times

As announced in June 2016, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has taken steps to reduce the current backlog in sponsorship applications. The Ministère is fully participating in this effort to reduce the backlog, which will make it possible to reduce wait times for all parties concerned in a sponsorship application.

Since the Ministère is receiving an exceptional volume of family sponsorship files, it has become impossible to respect the 25-day timeframe stipulated in the Déclaration de services à la clientèle for processing a sponsorship application.

However, this will not lead to any additional delays in issuing permanent residence visas for those being sponsored, since the Ministère is working with the IRCC to ensure that these files are processed. Steps have also been taken to ensure that the parties involved do not have to be concerned about the date of issue of their Certificat de sélection du Québec. The Ministère will look after this in concert with the IRCC.

For more information, see the IRCC notice.

This is of course what they have to tell the people. But the truth is, your wife cannot enter quebec without her CSQ. They will ask her at the port of entry.

Anyways, let's hope we get it very fast so that we can reunite with our spouses.

bukenya

May 22, 2016
Hardcookie said:
Congratulations Bukenya!
Amazing! Very carefully arranged details for the thread. Thank you Bukenya.....i beg to share it on the Nairobi thread.
Feel free to share my timeline

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
This morning my ecas showed dm under sponsorship. But PR is still under process. What does it dm mean under sponsorship application?