Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
I received our GCMS Note yesterday and all 30 pages show no progress at all, No updates since transferred to DAR VO. I think they are clearing a bunch of backlog they made a couple of years ago, a friend of mine's wife successfully passed interview yesterday after 3 years of waiting in vain.

Elger

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Hello Gabba50
Was the wife of your friend from same country as yours? Oh 3 years is really hectic.
Good luck Darsalam is very slow we need patience

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Just losing hope...thinking of how we will survive in Uganda as a family is almost impossible whereas going to Canada seems impossible.

I did order the notes and don't know when to expect them, should be sometime this month.
I sent in an additional of our son's citizenship certificate and passport, both copies. This may help, but they havent responded whether they received it.
My wife did her medical at the end of August 2015

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
gabba50 said:
I received our GCMS Note yesterday and all 30 pages show no progress at all, No updates since transferred to DAR VO. I think they are clearing a bunch of backlog they made a couple of years ago, a friend of mine's wife successfully passed interview yesterday after 3 years of waiting in vain.
When did you order your GCMS notes? Do they email them to you if you asked for them for it through email?

3 YEARS???? Honestly who hires them to check our file? Are they nationals or hired from outside? If it's 3 years, I'll just have to say, "THIS IS AFRICA"...not understandable to people's time and lives.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
skwan said:
When did you order your GCMS notes? Do they email them to you if you asked for them for it through email?

3 YEARS???? Honestly who hires them to check our file? Are they nationals or hired from outside? If it's 3 years, I'll just have to say, "THIS IS AFRICA"...not understandable to people's time and lives.
The GCMS order was submitted on June 1, received AOR right( Processed on June 10) and received notes on June 28. Yes the note was sent through email(PDF format) but they can send CD if you select "Mail". The note takes about 1 month to get and the updates made during that period are not included, you can get note saying nothing started and get PPR request on the same day....
IT'S NOT AFRICA...IT'S CIC, you have to learn to WAIT and WAIT and WAIT again. ;D ;D ;D

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
gabba50 said:
That's disappointing your notes didn't show anything. I am going to order notes again later this month.

3 years is crazy but not unheard of when there is an interview involved. Thank goodness they were approved after that long of a wait. It's cruel to make people wait that long, something needs to be done about the interview wait times as well as the processing times.

skwan said:
Just losing hope...thinking of how we will survive in Uganda as a family is almost impossible whereas going to Canada seems impossible.

I did order the notes and don't know when to expect them, should be sometime this month.
I sent in an additional of our son's citizenship certificate and passport, both copies. This may help, but they havent responded whether they received it.
My wife did her medical at the end of August 2015
If you aren't approved soon you will likely have to redo the medical. While that is annoying and an added expense, you should at least have lots of time to buy your plane ticket once you approved as will have a year from your new medical date to land.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
Elger said:
Hello Gabba50
Was the wife of your friend from same country as yours? Oh 3 years is really hectic.
Good luck Darsalam is very slow we need patience
Yes the same country...guess what Interview lasted less than 10 minutes and the main question was about the pictures that she looks different comparing to now...how were they expecting her to look the same way as 3 years ago? :eek: :eek: :eek: and on the wedding pictures there must be some make-up.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
gabba50 said:
Yes the same country...guess what Interview lasted less than 10 minutes and the main question was about the pictures that she looks different comparing to now...how were they expecting her to look the same way as 3 years ago? :eek: :eek: :eek: and on the wedding pictures there must be some make-up.
Added weight or loss of weight, hairstyle...CIC must be joking hahaha, they should ask for DNA test

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
skwan said:
Added weight or loss of weight, hairstyle...CIC must be joking hahaha, they should ask for DNA test
LOL! Reading this just made me happy.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
The Visas Expires same date as your medical or same day as your passport. whatever come first. for my wife since the passport was new the Visas would expire same day as medical(2017), and it is same situation for most of the cases, since most of passport would still valid for long time.

Thanks MNM2015 and Hardcookies for good job your are doing to help others on the process. :).May God bless you.

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
If there is one little positive note in this it is that if you get called for another medical( which sucks) at least you know that someone is looking at your file and actually working on it!! My husband got the medical email and police check email one week before they were to expire. He did them and emailed and mailed the results to them ( do both because they don't accept just the email) and then it was less than a month when the PPR request came! So sometimes even if it costs again to get your medical done it can turn out to be a good thing. Hang in there!!

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
It looks like the processing time at DAR VO has been reduced for about 2 months mostly from 17 months to 15 months...Except Uganda :eek:,

choupy

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar Es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
gabba50 said:
It looks like the processing time at DAR VO has been reduced for about 2 months mostly from 17 months to 15 months...Except Uganda :eek:,
True they reduced time to 15 months which is still long in my humble opinion. Let's hope that our applications get processed quicker than 15 months

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
gabba50 said:
Uganda actually got worse, it's 24 months now! I understand small variations between countries but cannot understand why it should take Uganda 9 months longer than the other East African countries. Is Uganda that much slower at responding to security requests? Are there that many more suspicious relationships from Uganda that require interviews? Something more sinister like a bias against Ugandans? I know this doesn't mean most cases will take that long but does concern me that our application could take longer for no apparent reason. Another thing to add to the list of CIC mysteries :(

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Tun701 said:
If there is one little positive note in this it is that if you get called for another medical( which sucks) at least you know that someone is looking at your file and actually working on it!! My husband got the medical email and police check email one week before they were to expire. He did them and emailed and mailed the results to them ( do both because they don't accept just the email) and then it was less than a month when the PPR request came! So sometimes even if it costs again to get your medical done it can turn out to be a good thing. Hang in there!!
Glad to see you are still around Tun. Hope your husband is settling in well and it's everything you imagined it to be. Just wondering if you had any tips for landing, getting SIN, AB Health (I think you are in Calgary too), etc. Or anything even that you've found helped your husband adjust to life in Canada? Thanks so much.