29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
Tun701 said:
Well I am happy to say that our journey has come to an end!! As I write this my husband is on his way here, landing tomorrow in Edmonton. We couldn't get a direct flight to Calgary so this is the next best thing! So happy to be back together again!! Good luck to all those on here still waiting and I hope your time is coming soon!! We were a few days short of 1 year, applied May 8 2015 and it was ready on May 4 2016. It was a straight forward application. We did go through things like a change of government and Syrian Refugees that could have slowed things down, as well as a problem with delivery at the end! They did send back our whole application so it was nice to get back all the pictures we sent in! Thanks to everyone who kept this thread alive, it was always nice to know that you weren't the only one going through this!!
Congratulations and all the best with your husband Tun! I wish you both happiness!
Thank you!

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
skwan said:
By the way, since my wife's medicals and police check was done last year, around August, will we need to be asked to do another medical and police check?
Hi Skwan, i guess you are only asked to re-do once they expire. I think for the police clearance, it expires after a year. For the medical, i am not sure whether it expires after a year or two years. So unless they expire before the CoPR/landing, then you will have to re-do.

Happymn

May 28, 2016
samjj2 said:
Congratulations!! Now time for u to celebrate big time!!
How did ur wife's landing go?? What kinda question they did ask??
Did she make a list of goods she is bringing and to follow??
Hello Samji.Thanks too much.what about your Husband did he come yet?I am sorry I did not ask her yet the details on what they asked her. but she had a bit complications since her English is not good and she landed in Toronto.the agent who speaks French was in Lunch time, that's what she told me.I think she had to answer the questions like the ones you mentioned. and I had told her in advance.now I started a new live.God is Good. :) :)

Happymn

May 28, 2016
MNM2015 said:
So happy you are no longer a lonely guy :D All the best to you and your wife. Please update us on how her landing goes. Thanks for being a regular contributor to this thread, us newbies really appreciate your advice and insight.
Hello MNM2015, thank you, I appreciate. now you are no longer new babies, now you are the elders of the house since us we graduated.but I will be happy to pass by whenever I have time to comment. and to read good news on PPRs and Visas.

All the best. :)

Happymn

May 28, 2016
@MNM2015 I forgot to say that I forgot to ask details about her landing, but I know that they asked her the paper with photos that the embassy had sent with the passport. they also gave some papers to sign, and gave some books and brochure that explains about life here, and they congratulated her and gave her the confirmation of permanent residence. I think it didn't take long as from what she explained to me.maybe 30minutes.

Happymn

May 28, 2016
gabba50 said:
Congratulations former-lonely guy :D that's a good news, I am happy for you. We are hoping the best too!!
Thanks gabba50. now is your turn. I hope all of you guys get a good news soon from Dar.

Happymn

May 28, 2016
Tun701 said:
Well I am happy to say that our journey has come to an end!! As I write this my husband is on his way here, landing tomorrow in Edmonton. We couldn't get a direct flight to Calgary so this is the next best thing! So happy to be back together again!! Good luck to all those on here still waiting and I hope your time is coming soon!! We were a few days short of 1 year, applied May 8 2015 and it was ready on May 4 2016. It was a straight forward application. We did go through things like a change of government and Syrian Refugees that could have slowed things down, as well as a problem with delivery at the end! They did send back our whole application so it was nice to get back all the pictures we sent in! Thanks to everyone who kept this thread alive, it was always nice to know that you weren't the only one going through this!!
I am happy for you Tun701.now it's your time to start a new life. I always tell my friends that this waiting was stressing, but it taught me to value more my relationships, and I won't leave it ,go away like that. I will do my best to save it. it's like when you bought something at a high cost.Unfortunately in some cases people forget and let small issues separating them. I know some cases including a good friend of mine (last year).

I am not ready to pass through this process again :(.
For the ones who still waiting , I urge you to communicate regulary with your loved ones, and if possible travel to see them, this will protect you from a lot of dramas.

I love you all :) :).

Former Lonelyguy

Happymn

May 28, 2016
Hello Skan and Hardcookies. the medical report last one year. the police report I think it's 6 month(like my country), I don't know if it is the same for all countries but many of them it's like that.
For medical officers might be able to extend them for a few months(in some circumstances), making them valid like 15 or 14 months(these are exceptions). normally after one year they ask you to redo. if you order the notes they will show when your medical exams expires.
In our file medical exams were to expire on January 26th.March 30th they requested us to redo(to months after expiration).

If anything not clarified please let me know.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
Happymn said:
Hello Skan and Hardcookies. the medical report last one year. the police report I think it's 6 month(like my country), I don't know if it is the same for all countries but many of them it's like that.
For medical officers might be able to extend them for a few months(in some circumstances), making them valid like 15 or 14 months(these are exceptions). normally after one year they ask you to redo. if you order the notes they will show when your medical exams expires.
In our file medical exams were to expire on January 26th.March 30th they requested us to redo(to months after expiration).

If anything not clarified please let me know.
Thanks Happymn .....former Lonelyguy for the clarifications. I now understand. Yeah, Police clearance expiration could differ from one country to the other. Like in my country its valid for one year. I am so so happy for you and your wife, you have started your lives together and thanks for the encouragement to communicate with our loved ones coz it surely strengthens the bond.

I am so hopeful and i trust God will do something for me and my husband soon.
Keep well happymn and please keep checking on us in Nairobi and Dar.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
skwan said:
Still waiting......
anyone have any new updates?
No News as yet skwan although my VO should be Nairobi.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
Still waiting......
anyone have any new updates?
Nothing from me. Trying to decide when to order notes again.

Deesavids, have you heard anything more? Have you sent off your additional proof yet? I've been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Deesavids

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar es salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21
File Transfer...
July 20
Med's Done....
Feb 10
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
Ya sent them more proof n nw waitg nd prayg.thx dia

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Keep us posted Deesavids. Hope you get your PPR very soon!

Is there anyone else still waiting? If so please post so we know who all is still following this forum. Since this is a new office and small group it's very helpful if people post any updates they have no matter how small. Gives everyone who is waiting hope.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Out of curiosity, when the VO asks for you to send the passport, is it possible for us to travel and hand it in in-person and pick it up in person?
This is in case they are asking for us to send to the Nairobi office, we would like to also wait from there.