Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
If I remember well your Spouse is from Uganda , right? if yes I believe your file is being processed from Daresalam. that's where you will get PPR from. I don't know if you can submit your passport in person unless the ask you to do it. when they requested us to renew the medical, and police report , here it was a remark, ''Please note that submission in person will not be accepted. ''.
For passport, here is what they say'' STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
All required documents must be submitted in one single package.
If you reside in Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, Comoros or Seychelles, you may use the services of
VFS Global Tanzania by following the instructions on their website at:
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Tanzania/index.html under the “Passport Transmission Services” section.
If you reside in Uganda, you may use the services of VFS Global Uganda by following the instructions on
their website at: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Uganda/index.html under the “Passport Transmission
Services” section. ''

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
If I remember well your Spouse is from Uganda , right? if yes I believe your file is being processed from Daresalam. that's where you will get PPR from. I don't know if you can submit your passport in person unless the ask you to do it. when they requested us to renew the medical, and police report , here it was a remark, ''Please note that submission in person will not be accepted. ''.
If you reside in Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, Comoros or Seychelles, you may use the services of
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Tanzania/index.html under the “Passport Transmission Services” section.
If you reside in Uganda, you may use the services of VFS Global Uganda by following the instructions on
their website at: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Uganda/index.html under the “Passport Transmission
Services” section. ''

Former Lonelyguy.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
lonelyguy said:
Services” section. ''

Former Lonelyguy.

Thanks Former Lonelyguy.
Does that mean when the passport is returned to us, we also pick it up at VFS Global Uganda?
Roughly, how long should it take for them to return the passport back to us?

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
Elger said:
Hello this thread is so quiet guys what's going on VO Darsalam someone tell me please
Elger!, I thought you got COPR, it's has been long time since documents request!!, did you hear from them after that? Dar VO must be super sloooow!! :eek: :eek: :( :(

Elger

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
No news yet my dear. Yes it's been long since I was requested remedicals it's 3 months 3 weeks since I handed in but nothing at all
Well we keep the patience no choice

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
That's a long time since your remedical Elger! I would email them and ask them if there has been any update on your application since it has been over 3 months since the results were submitted. I always emailed to the regular email not a case enquiry. Make sure you put in your application number and your spouses UCI number. Sometimes they answer you and sometimes they don't but it's worth a try!!

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
I don't even know what to say, I'm discouraged at how long this is taking.....
Also, the frustration is that they give you a maximum of 90 days to enter the country.....yet we have to waste more money buying a last minute ticket instead of purchasing one that is 6 months in advance. Know what I mean!

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
I share your frustration at how long this is taking, especially with no contact at all, but not sure where you are getting this 90 days to land rule. You must land based on the expiry of your medical which is one year from the date of your medical. Depending on how far in advance of submitting your application you did the medical originally and if you are asked to redo your medical before the COPR is issued you could have much longer or even less than 90 days to land (I've seen less than a week on this forum before).

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
it's a big dilemma now then

For our situation, we either wait and I finish my studies and then we go later when she redoes her medical, or we go right away.
Either way, it seems like we'll have to cough out extra money as our little one is turning 2 by October and so if we leave after that, his 10% airfare is waived and we travel together OR we travel now without the mom but wait until whenever she gets approved.

We are really hoping to leave latest September.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Just to clarify, it's not your choice if you redo the medical and are granted addition time. You can only redo if they ask you to and this would be if they will not finalize your case prior to your original medical expiring. When did your wife do her medical? In some cases they can extend the expiry of the medical by a few months but I have not seen that in the African VOs.

I understand how hard it is to have your life in limbo, not knowing when you will be able to start your life together in Canada. The only way to have some idea is to order your gcms notes. I would really recommend you do that. It only costs $5 and will give you an idea of the status of your application.

It's so disappointing to see no progress from Dar. I believe 3 people who applied this year through Nairobi have already been approved. What is happening with the promise of faster processing for straight forward complete cases?

Has anyone voluntarily sent additional proof to Dar? I am considering doing that.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
MNM2015 said:
Just to clarify, it's not your choice if you redo the medical and are granted addition time. You can only redo if they ask you to and this would be if they will not finalize your case prior to your original medical expiring. When did your wife do her medical? In some cases they can extend the expiry of the medical by a few months but I have not seen that in the African VOs.

I understand how hard it is to have your life in limbo, not knowing when you will be able to start your life together in Canada. The only way to have some idea is to order your gcms notes. I would really recommend you do that. It only costs $5 and will give you an idea of the status of your application.

It's so disappointing to see no progress from Dar. I believe 3 people who applied this year through Nairobi have already been approved. What is happening with the promise of faster processing for straight forward complete cases?

Has anyone voluntarily sent additional proof to Dar? I am considering doing that.
Straight forward applications are always processed faster even before that promise. It looks like that promise only favors applicants from visa exempt countries and inland backlogs. Just wait and wait, don't always be impressed by politicians.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
gabba50 said:
Straight forward applications are always processed faster even before that promise. It looks like that promise only favors applicants from visa exempt countries and inland backlogs. Just wait and wait, don't always be impressed by politicians.
They have really sped up processing for India and Nairobi seems quite fast now too. It's not only for the inland and visa exempt countries. However Dar seems to moving at the same snails pace as before. But like you said nothing we can do but wait and wait and then wait some more.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
MNM2015 said:
They have really sped up processing for India and Nairobi seems quite fast now too. It's not only for the inland and visa exempt countries. However Dar seems to moving at the same snails pace as before. But like you said nothing we can do but wait and wait and then wait some more.
I just wish things would move fast! The wait is long and boring!
All the best guys!