+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DAR ES SALAM OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2015

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Hardcookie said:
You must be lucky or may be guys in Dar as so fast! None of my emails previously to Nairobi Visa Office have ever been replied.
Nairobi seems to be quite lonely guy, could you be knowing of anything?
Someone on here who applied mid January 2016 got a passport request from Nairobi over a month ago! Nairobi is way faster at processing than Dar!

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
MNM2015 said:
Someone on here who applied mid January 2016 got a passport request from Nairobi over a month ago! Nairobi is way faster at processing than Dar!
Wow, maybe the case showed so much more evidence of the marriage? *shrugs*

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
MNM2015 said:

Yeah I know wthat Nairobi in some cases they use to issue visas within 5 months, I saw cases like that. but also Dar I saw cases where they issue visas after 7 months.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
skwan said:
THANKS!
I guess sending a copy of our son's Canadian citizenship certificate and Canadian passport will help?
Did you mean by then the status will change to DM or by then, the stamp will be on her passport and in our hands?
I don't think this will help, and I think some1 else mentioned this here before. but may I know in which category are you applying? are you being sponsored by your son?

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
lonelyguy said:
I don't think this will help, and I think some1 else mentioned this here before. but may I know in which category are you applying? are you being sponsored by your son?
No for me, I'm the one sponsoring my wife (Ugandan) and I'm the Canadian (born) citizen.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Yes, our son's passport is important.you can send it.also send all proof of correspondence between you and your wife likephone bills, travel tickets/ plane passes etc.., may I ask if you are commonlaw or married?if maried I hope you added your mariage certificate.the proffs will avoid oficers to doubt on your relationships, but might not reduce the processing time.anyway if you get it in 7-8 months it will be soon, since May is almost at the end!also try to order notes it will give you an idea on what officers are thinking of your dossier, or even if there is any problem.this will give you more peace of mind.

All the best :)

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
lonelyguy said:
Yes, our son's passport is important.you can send it.also send all proof of correspondence between you and your wife likephone bills, travel tickets/ plane passes etc.., may I ask if you are commonlaw or married?if maried I hope you added your mariage certificate.the proffs will avoid oficers to doubt on your relationships, but might not reduce the processing time.anyway if you get it in 7-8 months it will be soon, since May is almost at the end!also try to order notes it will give you an idea on what officers are thinking of your dossier, or even if there is any problem.this will give you more peace of mind.

All the best :)
great...all those were sent except the citizenship and passport because they were not out yet when we submitted the application.
should we still send it?
thought this would make the procedure faster but guess not.
I hear the notes takes 30 days to come out, would it still be worth it?

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
So here's the latest update!! There was a mixup with a new procedure with the way DHL sends things, there were supposed to email Immigration and didn't! So after many emails back and forth, my husband will have his passport in his hand at noon Friday, Tanzanian time!! There is one seat left on the plane to get him to Calgary by Saturday keep us in your prayers that this journey is soon over for us!!!

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Tun701 said:
So here's the latest update!! There was a mixup with a new procedure with the way DHL sends things, there were supposed to email Immigration and didn't! So after many emails back and forth, my husband will have his passport in his hand at noon Friday, Tanzanian time!! There is one seat left on the plane to get him to Calgary by Saturday keep us in your prayers that this journey is soon over for us!!!
You aren't wasting any time once you get the passport back ;D That is wonderful news! So happy you have reached the end after a long wait! Looking forward to read your landing story very soon.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
Tun701 said:
All the best! i can imagine the excitement you two have. Please update us on his landing....you guys are in our prayers.
We hope ours will also work fast to join our loved ones.
God bless you all!

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Tun701 said:
Congratulations Tun701, I am happy for you guys. we are almost on the same boat!

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Hi House I am happy to tell you that I am changing my name soon from Loneley guy to the Happiest man :). my wife has her passport with Visas. I was lucky we were scared that we would be delayed with the procedures of shippement as it happened to our friend here.
Fortunatey we were lucky, especially with the last step. they received the PP on Monday and sent it Wednesday with DHL. it was too first. aslo I thought that since she had to send a new passport, the fact of updating her file would delay it for a few days but wasn't the case.Also big up to Immigration of My country of origin. for issuing the new Passport in 2 days. :).

Now as I am at the end of this journey I feel sad when I think what many of you have to live. I know it's too hard for you. I encourage you too keep heart. stay strong, keep in touch with your loved ones on regular basis. I will do my best to not disappear to always pass sometimes and answer whatever I may know. the time I spent was hard for us. I have read a lot of stuffs here in different forums, which I did't know. I wish I had know this forum before I even send my application.I believe this would have improved the way I prepared my application.

I think It's becoming a newspaper. May God bless everyone of you guys. (do not forget to share stories here with your loved ones they will feel encouraged too).

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
skwan said:
great...all those were sent except the citizenship and passport because they were not out yet when we submitted the application.
should we still send it?
thought this would make the procedure faster but guess not.
I hear the notes takes 30 days to come out, would it still be worth it?
Since I believe that by the time you sent your application , your son was already a permanent resident, and you included the proof(If I a not wrong), that is enough.there is no much difference on Citizens and PR treatment.Yes I would strongly encourage you to order the notes.unless it's less than 4 months that you sent your application. in case they write asking you some additional info or docs, then you can use that occasion to send your son's new status.but for now no needs. especially that it's expenses too.

Good luck.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
lonelyguy said:
Since I believe that by the time you sent your application , your son was already a permanent resident, and you included the proof(If I a not wrong), that is enough.there is no much difference on Citizens and PR treatment.Yes I would strongly encourage you to order the notes.unless it's less than 4 months that you sent your application. in case they write asking you some additional info or docs, then you can use that occasion to send your son's new status.but for now no needs. especially that it's expenses too.

Good luck.
CONGRATS TO YOU!

Our son is an official Canadian citizen with his citizenship certificate.
Got it copied, my friend is heading to TZ tonight and will mail it as soon as he gets to TZ. It's a copy of our son's passport AND Canadian citizenship certificate, not permanent residency. My WIFE (Ugandan) is the one applying for PR