Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
mchaabaa said:
Hi all,

I am sponsoring my wife that lives in Amman Jordan, I finished all the paper work in April/11 and handed in the application with all the information required. I got a letter in May saying they have received my application and they would begin processing on June 21/11. However, in that letter it mentioned that my application has been transferred to a Pilot Office in Ottawa due to the situation in Syria right now. I heard that the Visa Office in Syria is closed and most applications are being re-directed back to Canada. Spousal Sponsorship takes less time than family Sponsorship ex father/mother. Is anyone currently experiencing this or does anyone know anything about the Pilot Office in Canada. Do they process the applications faster ? Also, how long is the waiting time for Spousal Sponsorship if it was sent back to Syria? Any information would help. Thnx
Hi,
There are a few other cases in this forum which have been transferred to Ottawa too. The visa office in Damascus is NOT closed, it may not be accepting new applications, but it is not closed and all the old files which were there are staying there.
I talked to the lawyer who was my representative for my own application last year, he said Damascus is in communication with his office about the different cases he is handling everyday, so they are not closed.
According to the table in CIC website, 80% of the LAST year's applications were finalized in 13 months, however according to the timeline we have in our forum most cases were done under 9 months.
Best wishes.

Rola14

Star Member
Oct 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
After not seeing my husband for 1 year 1 month and 21 days, he will finally reach Canada in 3 days!
I cannot wait!

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
hi everyone i just got back to Montréal. no ppr for us . it was so hard leaving lebanon. I had a wonderful time there and I went to turkey for my honeymoon . I am gonna now read all the posts that I missed lol did anyone get good news!?

nath18

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011
hi everyone!
i missed talking to you. i had 2 wonderful weeks in lebanon with my husband.
but now he has left to canada tonight, i'm sad, and i'm still in lebanon waiting for the PPR. it's been 7 months. i read all the posts that i missed.
i hope august will be better than july.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
Nagz & Nath,
Welcome back! :-* :-*
It will be over very soooooooooooooooooooon :)

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Welcome back guys!I hope this process ends very soon

I been trying to stay away from viewing this website hoping I can forget about this process but I failed. I got quick question. How often do you guys get updates from your MP, I heard they should give me updates twice a month, is this true?.

Things are getting worse in Damascus, i am not sure what will happen to our files...I am so worried

louna8

Jul 8, 2011
Scarborough Toronto Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys
just one question, if i talked to my MP do u think he may help, because im pregnant and im due next month! i need my hubby to be with me as soon as possible. :(
do you guys think a visiter visa may work?

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
htraboul said:
Hi,

Please let me khnow what is MP
Hello Dear htraboul,

MP is the Member of Parliament. They help individuals in many ways. For us, they could contact the visa office and on your behalf check on your file, as they say they could help speed up things and press pressure if they put files on the side.

As a matter of fact I met two NDP MP's and discussed our issues, they told me they are fighting the current government and the minister to change the system and bring families together faster.

Best of luck,

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Hello Everyone,

Ramezan Kareem, mubarak

Hope everyone is well and I hope this beautiful month will give great warmth to your hearts and some positive news from the Visa offices.

Kindest regards and prayers.

S

shazdehTheSecond

AliAria said:
Hello Everyone,

Ramezan Kareem, mubarak

Hope everyone is well and I hope this beautiful month will give great warmth to your hearts and some positive news from the Visa offices.

Kindest regards and prayers.
i honestly recommend everyone to drink a little bit of water when they feel thirsty. it's insane to hurt your body to make a point. being 15 hours hungry is enough.

if you decide to hurt your body, please make sure you do use free health care in canada. it's coming from my pocket and I am not happy to pay to cure those deliberately risk their health.

in short, change the rule slightly and drink a little bit of water. fasting is a part of almost all religions, but it's only islam which forbids drinking water as well.

i never fast, but i do care about hungry people around the world. and if we save on canada's health care, we will have more money to donate to poor countries.

my 2-cents

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
shazdehTheSecond said:
i honestly recommend everyone to drink a little bit of water when they feel thirsty. it's insane to hurt your body to make a point. being 15 hours hungry is enough.

if you decide to hurt your body, please make sure you do use free health care in canada. it's coming from my pocket and I am not happy to pay to cure those deliberately risk their health.

in short, change the rule slightly and drink a little bit of water. fasting is a part of almost all religions, but it's only islam which forbids drinking water as well.

i never fast, but i do care about hungry people around the world. and if we save on canada's health care, we will have more money to donate to poor countries.

my 2-cents
I agree with you, some die dehydrating, it is impossible especially in middle east and Iran right now. I tell my wife to drink water when she fasts.

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
hey guys how do I find out who my mp is??

bash

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
July 05,2011
welcome back Nagz and Nah,
hope we hear good news for all,
and nagz congrats on ur wedding!
inshala soom u reuinite with ur husband..