+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current LMO processing times Jan 2014

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
At Last! Hmmmm only one post but a name like that you must have some history. Thanks for sharing your timeline and great news. Good luck and enjoy your new job. Well done!

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
at last said:
LMO Applied: Feb 3, 2014
LMO some discussions from Gov with employer: March 27th, 2014
LMO approval: April 7, 2014
Province: Ontario; Location: Toronto
NOC: A
Named LMO
You're very fortunate. What's your exact NOC? Your NOC is a 4-digit number while the skill level matrix is either 0, A, B, C, or D. There are many jobs with distinct NOC codes that are classed under the skill level A matrix.

Meanwhile, I've been waiting for 13 weeks and this Thursday will make 14. So far, I've heard nothing.

binoy madackan

Aug 2, 2013
lmo validity

hello, my employer said me that LMO got approved in my name.Right now i am in PGWP which will expire in oct 2014. can any body tell ,Is there any expiry date for my LMO?. it is with the employer now.which is the right time to apply my new work permit. i am a line cook in calgary.please reply.

arbuzayab

Apr 15, 2014
Hi everyone

I've just apply an LMO 3 months ago and now my work permit expired already.

Some of you have been waiting for 30 weeks already.
I assume that you overstay in Canada.

I want to know what is your(my) status in Canada right now??
and is it ok to stay in the country like this even if not working while waiting for an LMO??

if I go back to my country and wait for everything done then come back again, is that the good way??

Thank you

krisjeez4

Nov 14, 2013
Hi,,

i work for an IT company and my employer is applying for LMO and i hold a Post grad work permit... my work permit expires in three months from now...what is the usual processing time ? please help me if anyone knows

follower

May 5, 2014
Query : Current LMO processing times Jan 2014

Dear All,

It been almost 1 year, I have been waiting for status of my LMO but no news yet .. Does it actually take so long for a response from HRSDC and is there any official government website where I can check the status of my application ..

Kindly suggest.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Re: Query : Current LMO processing times Jan 2014

follower said:
Dear All,

It been almost 1 year, I have been waiting for status of my LMO but no news yet .. Does it actually take so long for a response from HRSDC and is there any official government website where I can check the status of my application ..

Kindly suggest.
1yr is just too much. I think the max I heard is 7months. Could you share the noc and province for which lmo is applied?

I think you need to talk to your employer. If you already spoke to him, what did the employer say?

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seeing that I'm the one who started this thread, I guess that I may as well post my LMO timeline.

NOC: 6711
Province: British Columbia
LMO submitted: early November
LMO received: mid-April
Result: Rejected at first, appealed, then approved.
LMO suspended: April 24
Suspension lifted: Whenever Jason Kenney lifts moratorium.

dieguitobueno

Oct 15, 2013
NOC: n/a
Job Area: IT
Province: Ontario
LMO submitted: mid-January
LMO received: -
Result: -

Our LMO process, according to my future company, was started in mid-January.
But.. we haven't got any notice so far..
Based on my calculations, we are in week 15 and the company (which has applied for many its workers), said that it usually takes about 16 weeks..

I've seen that some guys here got some notice from the LMO process in 3-4 months..
So, we are about to receive our LMO results.. You can imagine how we are anxious.. :eek:

Hopefully we have some good news soon for everybody here!!!

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dieguitobueno said:

Based on my calculations, we are in week 15 and the company (which has applied for many its workers), said that it usually takes about 16 weeks..

I've seen that some guys here got some notice from the LMO process in 3-4 months..
So, we are about to receive our LMO results.. You can imagine how we are anxious.. :eek:

You should get it any day now.

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
Just want to share my LMO timeline for anyone interested. :)

NOC:8252

Application Sent: March 18, 2014
Approved: April 24, 2014

My employer received a call from Service Canada for some clarifications and received verbal approval the same day (April 24th), LMO approval letter also sent the same day. They applied online by the way and this is the first time they applied for LMO. :)

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
MasterCedric said:
Just want to share my LMO timeline for anyone interested. :)

NOC:8252

Application Sent: March 18, 2014
Approved: April 24, 2014

My employer received a call from Service Canada for some clarifications and received verbal approval the same day (April 24th), LMO approval letter also sent the same day. They applied online by the way and this is the first time they applied for LMO. :)
Hey congrats!! Nice to hear that. What is the avg processing time for this noc in Monitoba province?

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
Intocanada said:
Hey congrats!! Nice to hear that. What is the avg processing time for this noc in Monitoba province?

According to Service Canada, average LMO processing in Manitoba is 8 weeks. But mine got approved in just 5 weeks! Maybe I just got lucky? ;) I already submitted my work permit application online on April 28th, another waiting game again. :-X

dieguitobueno

Oct 15, 2013
dieguitobueno said:

Entering on the week 16.. Tension here..
We are in Canada now.. We have only 2 months left till our Visitor Visa expires, we need to enter the Work Visa ASAP