+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current LMO processing times Jan 2014

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dieguitobueno said:
Entering on the week 16.. Tension here..
We are in Canada now.. We have only 2 months left till our Visitor Visa expires, we need to enter the Work Visa ASAP
I know exactly how you feel right now. It sucks having to wait so long for LMOs. If you don't hear anything back by the end of this week, make a contingency plan to leave Canada in case time runs out. As for the wait time, I wish I could tell you to be patient but I'm guilty of being impatient myself. This fast-food moratorium is driving me mental right now because I've been waiting for far too long.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
With new LMO Changes just around the corner, will it impact the already applied LMO's. I know this can not be answered now.
But, How did it happen previously when changes were announced back in Apr 2013. Did the new changes impact already applied LMO's. I know that A-LMO were stopped. The reason I am asking this question is my spouse LMO entered 6th week in the processing. With expected changes, I hope the processing does not start from beginning.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
With new LMO Changes just around the corner, will it impact the already applied LMO's. I know this can not be answered now.
But, How did it happen previously when changes were announced back in Apr 2013. Did the new changes impact already applied LMO's. I know that A-LMO were stopped. The reason I am asking this question is my spouse LMO entered 6th week in the processing. With expected changes, I hope the processing does not start from beginning.
Last time, they canceled the A-LMOs immediately and forced them to convert to regular LMOs. But they continued to process existing applications under the old rules while processing the newer ones under the new rules (which required user fees) and increased advertising times.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
stopDA said:
Last time, they canceled the A-LMOs immediately and forced them to convert to regular LMOs. But they continued to process existing applications under the old rules while processing the newer ones under the new rules (which required user fees) and increased advertising times.
Thank you!!!

dieguitobueno

Oct 15, 2013
stopDA said:
I know exactly how you feel right now. It sucks having to wait so long for LMOs. If you don't hear anything back by the end of this week, make a contingency plan to leave Canada in case time runs out. As for the wait time, I wish I could tell you to be patient but I'm guilty of being impatient myself. This fast-food moratorium is driving me mental right now because I've been waiting for far too long.
Exactly..
My mind is totally occupied with it. I can't concentrate myself in any other thing.
We can only pray and wait.

Wish I could understand why these processes take so long..
If you are going to wait for a LMO for a long period like these, many people might give up and go on with their lives..
For example.. If I stayed in my previous work in my country waiting for the LMO/WP process, who knows that today I'd received a promotion or if some other major thing to happen in my life.. and at the same time, I would be sick and tired of waiting..

It should be faster; Ok, 1 month to search for a citzen that fits in to the opportunity.. If the search fails, OK.. Take another month to process and evaluate the request and after that, concede the person directly the Work Permit at once.

vaingel1983

Mar 20, 2014
Re: Current LMO processing times May 2014

Hi everyone! Just wanna ask someone who has similar case with mine or someone who has an idea about my case. I am an applicant for a live in caregiver to Ontario Canada and I have my employer who has applied for my LMO since last week of January 2014. I am waiting for it till now but my
employer was also awaiting for the result although they have undergone the cic interview just last march . I am quite afraid on the effect of the moratorium to food service sector tfw since i am also a tfw from the Philippines. Anyone who knows the length of LMO processing as of this time? Thanks for the reply. godbless us all.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Current LMO processing times May 2014

vaingel1983 said:
Hi everyone! Just wanna ask someone who has similar case with mine or someone who has an idea about my case. I am an applicant for a live in caregiver to Ontario Canada and I have my employer who has applied for my LMO since last week of January 2014. I am waiting for it till now but my
employer was also awaiting for the result although they have undergone the cic interview just last march . I am quite afraid on the effect of the moratorium to food service sector tfw since i am also a tfw from the Philippines. Anyone who knows the length of LMO processing as of this time? Thanks for the reply. godbless us all.
You shouldn't have anything to worry about. The moratorium applies only to restaurant and food service jobs. In my opinion, they won't be scrapping the live-in caregiver program anytime soon. It's not under the low-skilled TFWP stream. It's an entirely different stream on its own. Besides, lots of baby boomers (people born between 1946 - 1964) will be retiring in the coming years and the demand for caregivers is going to absolutely surge. The boomers are a disproportionately large demographic who were born at a time when Canada's population growth rate was at its highest during the past 80 or so years.

EmmaW

Feb 21, 2014
LMO - restoration visa - work permit.

Hi all!!

Ok... I am a kiwi here on an IEC work permit and its expires June 24 this year. My boss has sent in an LMO application for me a couple of weeks ago. As its in process I was advised now is a good time to apply for 'restoration of visa' and that it states you should do this 30 days before your current visa expires. I"M CONFUSED. I called Immigartion today and he told me that I don't have to do anything at this stage and wait till just before my visa expires. I'm a little concerned and don't want to be here without some kind of status while LMO is in process. I can't get deported.
Can someone help? or been thru this???

Thanks,
Em

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: LMO - restoration visa - work permit.

EmmaW said:
Hi all!!

Ok... I am a kiwi here on an IEC work permit and its expires June 24 this year. My boss has sent in an LMO application for me a couple of weeks ago. As its in process I was advised now is a good time to apply for 'restoration of visa' and that it states you should do this 30 days before your current visa expires. I"M CONFUSED. I called Immigartion today and he told me that I don't have to do anything at this stage and wait till just before my visa expires. I'm a little concerned and don't want to be here without some kind of status while LMO is in process. I can't get deported.

Thanks,
Em
What your boss told you makes no sense. You can only apply for restoration once you are out of status (i.e. once your status in Canada has expired). So right now you don't quality to restore your status. o

IECs are in a special class of working visas that are non-extendable. To avoid having to leave the country, you should apply to change your status to visitor before your IEC expires. Once your IEC expires, you must stop working. Once you have a new and apppproved work permit., you can begin working again.

halo4me

Dec 13, 2012
Re: LMO - restoration visa - work permit.

EmmaW said:
Hi all!!

Thanks,
Em
Hi Em, We're exactly same situation and I'm a kiwi here on an IEC as well. Don't do anything until received positive LMO. Is this LMO of same employer or different one? what's your NOC? If your IEC work permit is expire in 2 weeks, you could apply extend/apply new work permit without actual LMO, this only accept when your LMO is processing. This give you 2 months 'Implied state' which means you're ok to continue to work after your IEC expired! DO NOT restore your state!! hope this help you, best!

Funny

May 17, 2014
Hello everyone,
Applied for lmo in the last week of september 2013 but no news till now..... Waiting for ages!!!
More than 32 weeks... NO FUN

vaingel1983

Mar 20, 2014
Thanks stopDA fro the message reply with regards to my query. My employer sent me a message that my LMO is going well, just slow.
The CIC have requested and added them new requirements such as the new job description in the advertisement to job bank which they
did'nt require since the time my employer applied it in the beginning. It sounds quite frustrating since it makes no difference after the another week posting for the advertisement on top of their request to my employer. But, my employer has to comply it in order to get a positive LMO decision. I hope and pray it will be released soon. Goodluck to all!

Skmum

May 8, 2014
Hi All .....

My Employer says they have Applied for LMO on 15th May 2014 under NOC - 1112 - Financial and investment analysts ...
Dear friends does any of them know about the Current Timeline for processing of LMO after the recent changes ???
And also does the time frame to get LMO depends on what sector of Job you are into ???
I am from Financial Background & applied for LMO outside canada ....

Regards

janpot

Jun 5, 2014
hello good evening,

help please.i'm in the live-in caregiver program and my employer(private group home)said he applied for my LMO as live-in caregiver in their group home(6clients-independent mentally ill).I am just wondering if anybody here have same case as I am not sure if a group home is qualified to hire a live-in caregiver under the live-in caregiver program.how long will it take to have decision for the LMO amd I am here in Canada already.Thank you.