+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ to PR. Any restrictions to stay in Quebec?

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Hi everyone,

I am planning a move to Quebec from Toronto as an international student. I have some questions if someone can please clarify them for me :

- Once I get CSQ, how long does it take to get PR. Are there any restrictions to stay in Quebec after that?

- Is Montreal more expensive to live in comparison to toronto?

- Part time jobs with English only? easy or difficult to find.

Look forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End

singh1792

Jan 9, 2014
yes you have to stay in quebec until you get PR.

you can find a lot of jobs but if your looking for cashier, customer service type jobs than it can be difficult to find one without french

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
singh1792 said:
yes you have to stay in quebec until you get PR.

you can find a lot of jobs but if your looking for cashier, customer service type jobs than it can be difficult to find one without french
What kind of jobs may I ask?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Gymguy said:
Hi everyone,

I am planning a move to Quebec from Toronto as an international student. I have some questions if someone can please clarify them for me :

- Once I get CSQ, how long does it take to get PR. Are there any restrictions to stay in Quebec after that?

- Is Montreal more expensive to live in comparison to toronto?

- Part time jobs with English only? easy or difficult to find.

Look forward to hear from you.

Regards.
1. Federal process will take around 13 months. Yes , there are restrictions. When Quebec gives you CSQ , they expect you to stay in Quebec. If you have no plans to settle down in Quebec , then why apply for CSQ ?

2. Montreal is cheaper.

3. If you do not know French then part-time jobs would be difficult.

bz86nick

Aug 25, 2016
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
NOV 2015
LANDED..........
27-11-2016
When applying PR you will sign a paper for intention to live in Quebec.

If you get paycheck in cheque in other provinces your CSQ might be canceled.

You may try getting a cash job in Toronto, but you will still take the risk.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Thanks you so much to everyone for your valuable replies. I intend to enroll in a french course, besides, the regular diploma I intend to pursue.
Cheers.

Lamhuynh

Sep 29, 2016
Hi:

I have a question regarding to the immigrant investor program.
If I have the CSQ and my docs has been submitted to Canada Federal. in July 15, 2016. How long does it take to have the immigrant visa which issued by Federal?
Last time, it is normally taken 6 - 12 months to complete this process. However, I read on the internet (CIC website) it will be taken 40 months. Can you please share with me which one is the correct time line?

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

Best Regards,

joelthakkar

Star Member
Sep 29, 2014
Gymguy said:
Thanks you so much to everyone for your valuable replies. I intend to enroll in a french course, besides, the regular diploma I intend to pursue.
Cheers.
I am also coming to Montreal but due to the reason that I really loved the city and plan to live there. I am also currently an international student in toronto and plan to move to montreal after my studies are done. There are lots of jobs available in montreal in my field of study.

According to from my understanding, 1 year exp in montreal + b2 level oral french course from govt approved college is enough to quality for PEQ - Work experience category with priority processing (20 days).

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
joelthakkar said:
I am also coming to Montreal but due to the reason that I really loved the city and plan to live there. I am also currently an international student in toronto and plan to move to montreal after my studies are done. There are lots of jobs available in montreal in my field of study.

According to from my understanding, 1 year exp in montreal + b2 level oral french course from govt approved college is enough to quality for PEQ - Work experience category with priority processing (20 days).
Thanks buddy. I am planning to go for Jan intake. Yes I have shortlisted B2 french level course in Montreal besides the one I want to pursue. I maybe visiting Montreal in 2nd week of November to finalize everything before I make the final move. Cheers