+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ to Obtain an Open Work Permit in Quebec

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
Open work Permits are only allowed to spouse of CSQ holders under Family Class Applications.

NO OPEN WORK PERMITS FOR the MAIN APPLICANT WITH CSQ WHO HAS APPLIED FOR PR UNDER QSW.

For your information, usually, when you get a new status (in your case Work Permit), your previous work permit is no longer valid. You should respect the conditions of your current work permit. The rest is up to you.

Good Luck!

The source of my information is my own experience as I already had gone through this.
please i have a question , if someone's PG work permit is expired and he has visitor permit now and he is waiting for csq then after getting csq ,is he eligible for close or any type of work permit with csq and any offer letter from quebec? and he can change his status from visitor to work permit?
If not then he can live and stay in quebec after submission of his file for permanent residency? or still he needs any valid status seperately?

sachin dabra

Mar 27, 2019
please i have a question , if someone's PG work permit is expired and he has visitor permit now and he is waiting for csq then after getting csq ,is he eligible for close or any type of work permit with csq and any offer letter from quebec? and he can change his status from visitor to work permit?
If not then he can live and stay in quebec after submission of his file for permanent residency? or still he needs any valid status seperately?
1. Once you get a csq, you need a closed work permit in quebec, with a job offer from quebec employer, while you waiting for your PR. This is LMIA exempt.
2. After getting csq, he needs either visitor of work permit, csq does not allow you any status to work/ study or stay in quebec.

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
1. Once you get a csq, you need a closed work permit in quebec, with a job offer from quebec employer, while you waiting for your PR. This is LMIA exempt.
2. After getting csq, he needs either visitor of work permit, csq does not allow you any status to work/ study or stay in quebec.
Thanks for information ,actually my PG work permit is expired now and i am on visitor record so i want to know that if i get csq then still i apply closed work permit and i can change my status from visitor to closed work permit? or i need to apply only visitor now?

sachin dabra

Mar 27, 2019
Thanks for information ,actually my PG work permit is expired now and i am on visitor record so i want to know that if i get csq then still i apply closed work permit and i can change my status from visitor to closed work permit? or i need to apply only visitor now?
Yes, you can apply for a closed work permit and your employer will have to provide you with the offer of employment on the CIC portal, and thats the only work permit you will get with CSQ, unless you are Spouse of someone who holds closed work permit or PR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2c&q3_options=2c_iv

C66888

Dec 2, 2019
Yes, you can apply for a closed work permit and your employer will have to provide you with the offer of employment on the CIC portal, and thats the only work permit you will get with CSQ, unless you are Spouse of someone who holds closed work permit or PR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2c&q3_options=2c_iv
Hi,
My situation is
- applied PR, estimated completion date : Feb, 2021.
- My CSQ expire in Sep 2020.
- I'm currently out of Canada.
Questions1 - Am I applicable to apply LMIA exempt work permit, since I've already applied PR?
Questions2 - Should I be Quebec to apply or outside of Canada? Cause I wrote to IRCC web form, they replied:
"A work permit is usually required to work in Canada on a temporary basis. If your intention prior to come to Canada is to work in our labour market, then it is important to apply for this document before your arrival to Canada."
But on the website, it's mentioned "you currently live in the province of Quebec". so confused.
Any information will help, Thanks

sachin dabra

Mar 27, 2019
Hi,
My situation is
- applied PR, estimated completion date : Feb, 2021.
- My CSQ expire in Sep 2020.
- I'm currently out of Canada.
Questions1 - Am I applicable to apply LMIA exempt work permit, since I've already applied PR?
Questions2 - Should I be Quebec to apply or outside of Canada? Cause I wrote to IRCC web form, they replied:
"A work permit is usually required to work in Canada on a temporary basis. If your intention prior to come to Canada is to work in our labour market, then it is important to apply for this document before your arrival to Canada."
But on the website, it's mentioned "you currently live in the province of Quebec". so confused.
Any information will help, Thanks

yes your are but, it will be closed work permit with an employer, still LMIA exempt.

Questions2 - Should I be Quebec to apply or outside of Canada?
yes you will be able to apply for the closed work permit outside of canada, but in this case, looks like you do not hold any job in Canada. and if you have applied for Federal PR under QSW, you cannot apply for bridging open work permit. In order to get closed work permit outside of Quebec, you will need a LMIA from employer.

C66888

Dec 2, 2019
yes your are but, it will be closed work permit with an employer, still LMIA exempt.

Questions2 - Should I be Quebec to apply or outside of Canada?
yes you will be able to apply for the closed work permit outside of canada, but in this case, looks like you do not hold any job in Canada. and if you have applied for Federal PR under QSW, you cannot apply for bridging open work permit. In order to get closed work permit outside of Quebec, you will need a LMIA from employer.
Thank you so much

govindkori

Feb 22, 2020
Hello guys,
I am currently an international student here, just recently got my Quebec CSQ thru Skilled Worker Program in March and filed immediately my PR application in Federal two days ago.

Now, I want to change my status Nox Vidmate VLC from student visa to open work permit while waiting for my PR. I called the CIC and their advise was- I can use my CSQ, and get an employer in Quebec. Together with my CSQ, I also need to submit employment contract from an employer based in Quebec to obtain an open work permit.

Any thoughts of this guys? I really appreciate your help and thanks in advance.
why didn't you get your open work permit after you finished your studies? Or did you try and it was not approved?

hamarawi

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hello Dear,

I was in the same situation as you.
Yes you can have an open work permit if you hold a Certificat de Selection du Quebec ( CSQ).
It allows you to work without the LMIA.
The calling center is useless it will provide you different information every time you call.

I suggest you do this questionnaire on the website which will guide you to the online application :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

answer all the questions and it should lead you to the online application form.
There are two fees (a total of 250$)
It takes 5 weeks if you apply within canada.

Best of luck!
Hello Sophia
I answered the questions in the tool but every time it is not direct me to an open work permit application
I have csq and applied for pr and received xep number
I have now specific employer work permit that it will expire soon and no way to renew the contract
Can you share your experience how you get your open work permit