+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ to Obtain an Open Work Permit in Quebec

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
I applied outside of canada so its 14 weeks until you receive the open work permit. I still have 2 weeks until i receive it! In your case it should be 5 weeks max because you are in canada. You might need to go to the border once you receive the letter of approval of the open work permit. Therefore you will enter canada under an open work permit with the length of your studies. For example If you did a bachelor degree than it should be 3 years I think.
Thanks dear! Did you also applied for the student visa since you mentioned about the length of the studies and bachelor’s degree? Thanks a lot!

Sophia.sa1245

Apr 18, 2018
Thanks dear! Did you also applied for the student visa since you mentioned about the length of the studies and bachelor’s degree? Thanks a lot!
No I did not apply for a student Visa. What I am trying to say is that the duration of your new work permit will be the same duration of the degree you obtain in quebec.

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
I havent finished my studies yet. Atleast, you gave me hope. Thanks
No I did not apply for a student Visa. What I am trying to say is that the duration of your new work permit will be the same duration of the degree you obtain in quebec.
Hello! Can you help with me with my application please! Are you now in Canada? What visa have you applied before? Thanks

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
Unfortunately the official answer is that with CSQ you cannot get an open work permit. You are LMIA -exempt so it makes it easier for your prospective employer to help you obtain a work permit, but it will be a closed one. Or employer specific. That's the deal. In other provinces PR applicants are eligible for something called bridging open work permit, but as usual, this does not apply to Quebec. You can always try to apply for it, a few have succeeded but others got rejected because as I said, Quebec PR applicants with CSQ are not eligible for open work permits.
Hi I am in the same situation.
could i collect work permit from BORDER with a valid high paid profession job offer along with my CSQ?
Thanks

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Hi I am in the same situation.
could i collect work permit from BORDER with a valid high paid profession job offer along with my CSQ?
Thanks
What’s your profession? Are you a nurse? Is it related to the profession on your CSQ? Thanks in advance!

chadid

May 26, 2015
Hi,

Was any of you able to obtain the open work permit with the CSQ?

I am in a similar situation and would like to know if I am able to obtain an open work permit with the CSQ instead of having to wait for PR or requesting a closed WP.

Thanks!

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Hi,

Was any of you able to obtain the open work permit with the CSQ?

I am in a similar situation and would like to know if I am able to obtain an open work permit with the CSQ instead of having to wait for PR or requesting a closed WP.

Thanks!
Hi,
Yes, its possoble and just did. Just follow the CIC tool. What’s your current status in canada?

There is a link Posted on this thread on how to apply! Thanks

Last edited:

chadid

May 26, 2015
Hi,
Yes, its possoble and just did. Just follow the CIC tool. What’s your current status in canada?

There is a link Posted on this thread on how to apply! Thanks
Congratulations!

I am currently under a closed Work Permit. I have been at Montreal for more than a year and I already speak french, so I will apply to the Québec Experience Program to obtain the CSQ and then I hope to obtain the Open WP to work as contractor.

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Congratulations!

I am currently under a closed Work Permit. I have been at Montreal for more than a year and I already speak french, so I will apply to the Québec Experience Program to obtain the CSQ and then I hope to obtain the Open WP to work as contractor.
What was your entry to Canada? Its just possible if you have the CSQ now

A Physician Mom

Mar 25, 2018
Hi guys,
I'm working as Educatrice non qualified in garderie!
Does this job working to have LMIA exempt work permit
I have csq