+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ Status is "Under Treatment" and Work Permit Extension

Avi26

Mar 15, 2018
  1. Applied CSQ in June 2017 and sent document in January 2018, when can i expect my CSQ?
  2. I have Work Permit till July 18 and I would like to extend it. After CSQ, could I apply for an extension?
  3. I am working as Contractor and Incorporated, am I eligible to apply for Work Permit Extension?

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
  1. Applied CSQ in June 2017 and sent document in January 2018, when can i expect my CSQ?
  2. I have Work Permit till July 18 and I would like to extend it. After CSQ, could I apply for an extension?
  3. I am working as Contractor and Incorporated, am I eligible to apply for Work Permit Extension?
I am also in similar situation as yours. Work permit extension with a CSQ is easy & fast because you dont need to deal with Quebec's MIDI anymore. You get an employment offer number generated thru your employer online and apply for Federal PR, goto the border along with CSQ, Employer offer number and Federal application receipt and get the work permit extended. OR you can do online too.
I havent done it myself, but there are some posts in this forum discussing that.

Now assuming the worst, because MIDI is delaying inland CSQ applicants now. Suppose we dont get CSQ in time and need to extend work permit without CSQ, I am not sure how to go about it.

Is there anyone who have done this ? that is, Work permit extension without a CSQ ?

Avi26

Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for the Information.

Do we get Federal Application receipt number immediately after applying PR or it will take time?

aayushsb

Nov 3, 2015
Hello Avi26!
I wanted to know if you could provide your timeline for the CSQ you applied. Also was it without French (English only)?

Avi26

Mar 15, 2018
Hello Avi26!
I wanted to know if you could provide your timeline for the CSQ you applied. Also was it without French (English only)?
June 2017 -- Applied Online
Jan 2018 -- Received Check List and submitted all the docs in a week
Still waiting for CSQ, status is 'Under Treatment'
Applied on the basis on the point system, No French

aayushsb

Nov 3, 2015
Whoa man this is actually good news! There are a lot of people who applied in Dec 2016 and are still waiting to get their document list. I am also going to apply very soon so I needed some info from you. When you submitted your application through Mon Projet Quebec, did you already have your IELTS score? If not then what did you fill in the language section?

Also regarding your queries, your application seems to be processing at a good pace so I would say you can expect your CSQ in maximum a month more. Also after you get your CSQ, you can simply go to the border with your employment contract and they will extend your work permit for the next 2 years. Note that you will have to separately apply for your Visa extension (online) if you plan to leave Canada and come back again.

Avi26

Mar 15, 2018
I already have my IELTS score when my application was submitted through Mon Project Quebec. Hopefully, I will get my CSQ in a month.
I never knew that if we have CSQ and employment contract we can extend our work permit at the border. I will try this but my concern is my Employer is from Ontario but I am incorporated in Quebec and my Client is in Montreal, is this a concern in any way?

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Thanks for the Information.

Do we get Federal Application receipt number immediately after applying PR or it will take time?
Thru Quebec Skilled Worker.. Federal PR is a paper and lengthy process (Current time 15 months).
So it will take its own sweet time to get a receipt number from Federal anywhere from 2 to 4 months.

By the looks of it, basically any temporary workers whose permit is expiring in 2018 will have a hard time renewing their work permit with a CSQ. MIDI has come to a standstill for inland regular applicants.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
I am also in similar situation as yours. Work permit extension with a CSQ is easy & fast because you dont need to deal with Quebec's MIDI anymore. You get an employment offer number generated thru your employer online and apply for Federal PR, goto the border along with CSQ, Employer offer number and Federal application receipt and get the work permit extended. OR you can do online too.
I havent done it myself, but there are some posts in this forum discussing that.

Now assuming the worst, because MIDI is delaying inland CSQ applicants now. Suppose we dont get CSQ in time and need to extend work permit without CSQ, I am not sure how to go about it.

Is there anyone who have done this ? that is, Work permit extension without a CSQ ?
Hi,
I have my CSQ, AOR received, Medical Passed and the work permit will be expired in the first week of June. I have already applied for the work permit extension (Vegreville, Alberta) paper format and still have not received any email regarding the receipt of that application. According to the http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/after-csq.html it says an applicant who has CSQ is LMIO exempted.

Let me know what should I do in order to get that employment offer number?

thanks in advance

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi,
I have my CSQ, AOR received, Medical Passed and the work permit will be expired in the first week of June. I have already applied for the work permit extension (Vegreville, Alberta) paper format and still have not received any email regarding the receipt of that application. According to the http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/after-csq.html it says an applicant who has CSQ is LMIO exempted.

Let me know what should I do in order to get that employment offer number?

thanks in advance
> Let me know what should I do in order to get that employment offer number?

The employer have to login here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/employer-portal.html and apply for it, make payment and they will get an employment offer number.

But I am wondering how did you apply if you don't have that number ? Did no one tell you about this ? Anyways, here are the steps http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2c&q3_options=2c_iv

You have to write the employment offer number In This PDF
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5710e.pdf
Section: Details of Intended Work in Canada > Point 6 : LMIA No. Or Offer Of Employment Number

Last edited:

manik1203

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
I already have my IELTS score when my application was submitted through Mon Project Quebec. Hopefully, I will get my CSQ in a month.
I never knew that if we have CSQ and employment contract we can extend our work permit at the border. I will try this but my concern is my Employer is from Ontario but I am incorporated in Quebec and my Client is in Montreal, is this a concern in any way?
Hi,
Could you please let me know if you have received your CSQ.

Avi26

Mar 15, 2018
I did not receive yet. I am curious to know the processing time, please let me know if you have any information regarding

Gb0062

Jun 29, 2018
Hi
i was international student from punjab India. I have completed masters from concordia university montreal Quebec . Then I applied csq in April 2017 on the basis of my masters . I got documents request in dec 2017 . After that I send the documents in Jan 2018. I got the the msg in the mob project portal abt confirmation of receiving of my documents after 2 weeks. After that my status is in processing till now. No answer from them. It’s been 6 months I have sent the documents but no answer. Will you plz tell how much more time and what is reason behind this....? Thanx...

manik1203

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
I did not receive yet. I am curious to know the processing time, please let me know if you have any information regarding
No, I don't have any info on processing time. I submitted my docs on June first week and no update so far.