+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ interview: are they interviewing just to reject me?

CSQhelp

Feb 8, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am so glad this forum exists. I really need some help. I have an interview for the CSQ in Montreal next week and I need helping assessing where my file stands. So, I graduated from a Quebec university last year (got a B.A.). I applied then under the PEQ program, but as I started law school, also in Quebec, my CSQ-PEQ application was rejected.

Two months after the rejection, I receive a letter from the CSQ office, also in Montreal, saying that they are requesting my law school transcripts, my B.A. diploma and a proof of my current status (student visa). Personally, I thought it was weird since my application was rejected but I still sent all the documents. A month after I sent these documents, I get a letter for my interview which will be next week.

So, my question is: why are they interviewing me? Do I have any chance of getting the CSQ? Perhaps I have been qualified under the point-system, but not under the PEQ? I know that I will only get definite answers after the interview, but it is try not to keep my hopes high.

Regarding my level of French: I am not fluent but I would qualify myself as advanced.

rjml123

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney N.S.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
Med's Request
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-11-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
27-04-2016
Hi CSQhelp,
What ended up happening with the situation regarding your interview? Did you eventually get the CSQ?

Also why did they reject your application via the PEQ? Did you show proof of your French ability? I would appreciate if you could give me advice regarding PEQ application. I am also a Quebec university graduate and I have completed intermediate level french course from the YMCA in downtown Montreal. Do you think I will run into problems applying via PEQ as well?