+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ for Family Class Sponsorship Application (Spouse)

naturequebec

Feb 10, 2022
Any applicants from Quebec, waiting to get their CSQ?

I submitted the CSQ papers on December 6th,
CC charged on December 20th,
received CSQ AOR by mail on December 23rd (letter dated December 20)
still haven't received the CSQ approval yet.

If you happen to have sent your CSQ papers also in December, please share your timeline, many thanks! :D
I submitted on November 18th.
I called MIFI and they told me that CSQ was approved on 5th Jan. But until now they still haven't sent it to me.
I don't know why they just keep it and don't send it to me.

Last edited:

neigeman

Jun 6, 2021
[QUOTE = "neigeman, publicación: 9758718, miembro: 1043395"]
Hola. Enhorabuena, finalmente consiguió su médico :)Happy para usted. En realidad, es una buena señal, porque muestra que recibir atención médica después de 5 meses es normal. ;) Aquí obtuvimos el CSQ hace 4 meses y aún no hemos recibido atención médica.
[/CITA]
Que bueno que esten avanzando me pueden ayudar por favor estoy confundida

con respecto a llenar los formualarios No. A-0546-GF

1.1 Renseignements sur votre identité (En este punto si mi esposo es ciudadano canadiense que debemos de llenar en la fecha de (Date d'obtention de la résidence permanente -Date d'obtention de la citoyenneté canadienne) se deja en blanco por que el es ciudadano canadiense ???
2. Renseignements sur votre conjoint ou conjointe (s'il ya lieu) también indica lo mismo de las fechas de residente y ciudadanía que debemos de llenar ??

8. Responsabilités et obligaciones de la personne qui parraine (garant) .... En esta sección indica el garante y el cogarante debemos de llenar mi esposo y yo o solo el ???? por que indica el garante pero hay espacio para llenar las dos personas ..... ???? y adicional tenemos que firmar los dos pero no estoy segura si yo como cogarante deba de contestar esas preguntas en la sección 8
Hi, I cant understand your question. Could you please ask in english

neigeman

Jun 6, 2021
Hi ! Any inland applicant still waiting for some news from IRCC (pre arrival, AIP or decision made…) after having received the CSQ ?
HI, as far as i know, most of the people here are outland applicants but its better to check the signatures. Although Iam an outland applicant but Iam in the same situation as you. Its been months i got my CSQ and still waiting to receive medical letter!

neigeman

Jun 6, 2021
Hello everyone

If the sponsor is divorced (but he didn't sponsor the ex-wife and doesn't have kids) does he need to fill the A-0527 form (Autorisation pour la cueillette et la communication de renseignements personnels)? That's what it says in one of the forms that are part of the quebec undertaking application.

Thank you in advance!
Hi, Unfortunately I have no information regarding to your question

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hola, todos

Si el padrino está divorciado (pero no apadrinó a la ex mujer y no tiene hijos) ¿debe rellenar el formulario A-0527 (Autorisation pour la cueillette et la communication de renseignements personals)? Eso es lo que dice en uno de los formularios que forman parte de la solicitud de compromiso de Quebec.

¡Gracias de antemano!
[/CITA]
Oui

liste

Mar 27, 2021
Hello,

I am sponsoring my US citizen spouse, inland in Canada. We are living in Quebec. She is here as a visitor.

Question #1: I received this letter from the IRCC. Is this my AOR? There is no PDF attached to this email.

UCI: XXXXXXXXXX
Application No.: FXXXXXXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXX YYYYY,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2021/12/17 on behalf of the following member(s):

AAAAAA BBBBBBBB

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

www.cic.gc.ca
Question #2: If it is, do I send my paperwork in to the Mifi?

A little more details: on January 19, I received a letter from IRCC with a PDF with a temporary application number, starting with X. In that PDF was the following paragraph:

Additional documents to provide
At this time your application has not yet been reviewed. These are common missing item(s) that often delay processing. If you have not already included these items with your application, please submit the following:

- Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ): As a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government. To download the required forms, please consult the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration (MIFI) website at www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca (Sponsors and Sponsored Persons section). Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MIFI at the address provided in the provincial guide within 30 days from the date of this letter. Do not submit any of the MIFI forms to this office as they will only be returned to you. You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your undertaking application to MIFI. If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you. You may print a copy to be enclosed with your undertaking application to MIFI. For further information regarding provincial requirements, please contact the Province of Québec General Inquiries Services at 514-864-9191 or 1-877-864-9191.
I sent that letter in to the Mifi (along with the Quebec paperwork), and they returned it, stating that it was refused, with the following:

Nous accuson réception de votre demande de Parrainage familial. Nous n'avons pu malheureusement procéder à l'ouverture de votre dossier en l'absence des documents essentiels requis, soit :

1. Une copie de la lettre de Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada confirmant que le parrainage est recevable ou une lettre du MIDI pour les cas CH2-conjoint /enfant ou CH2-ascendant.
So I am trying to figure out whether the email I received was my AOR and if it is the letter from IRCC that "confirms that the sponsorship is receivable". In other words, should I send our paperwork back to Quebec for the CSQ?

Also, my spouse received the request to get her medical exam and biometrics, which we did last week. I have now attached her application to my canada.ca account. There is nothing about the CSQ in my online account. I'm not sure if I connected her paperwork or mine to my online account, or whether it is one and the same.

Thank you!

jachan

Mar 11, 2022
Montreal
Hello,

I am sponsoring my US citizen spouse, inland in Canada. We are living in Quebec. She is here as a visitor.

Question #1: I received this letter from the IRCC. Is this my AOR? There is no PDF attached to this email.

Question #2: If it is, do I send my paperwork in to the Mifi?

A little more details: on January 19, I received a letter from IRCC with a PDF with a temporary application number, starting with X. In that PDF was the following paragraph:

I sent that letter in to the Mifi (along with the Quebec paperwork), and they returned it, stating that it was refused, with the following:

So I am trying to figure out whether the email I received was my AOR and if it is the letter from IRCC that "confirms that the sponsorship is receivable". In other words, should I send our paperwork back to Quebec for the CSQ?

Also, my spouse received the request to get her medical exam and biometrics, which we did last week. I have now attached her application to my canada.ca account. There is nothing about the CSQ in my online account. I'm not sure if I connected her paperwork or mine to my online account, or whether it is one and the same.

Thank you!
Hello there,

I am in the same boat as you. I am sponsoring my spouse (inland) and living in Quebec. I sent that exact letter, along with the undertaking application (and supporting documents), and received a letter of refusal. I called MIFI this morning and was told that the letter from the federal government does not state that my application meets the criteria/was accepted. I’m confused for the same reasons you are. Please let me know if you’ve made any progress.

Reactions: liste

Hassan.ab7

Nov 3, 2021
Hello dear members.
I’m a new member of this August forum and an inland applicant currently living in Montreal QC with my spouse.
Following is my timeline:
•Application received:13th December 2022
•Confirmation of receipt and temporary application number:29th December 2022
•My sponsor(spouse)received Confirmation of application received:26th Feb 2022
•Medical Instructions letter:28th Feb 2022
•Medical examination:3rd March 2022
•Reminder emails(Medical and RPRF reminders):3rd March
•Medical Passed status in gckey:10th March.
I’d like to know if it’s going normal as I’m yet to receive CSQ invitation and secondly what to expect next?
Regards

rafiqandafshan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24/04/2014
My spouse and I had medical done in October 2021. I had a baby born last year so I applied for her permanent residency and medical done in February 2022. Now Federal is requesting CSQ (Certificat de sélection du Québec from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion) for my daughter. Can anyone please advise me what documents, or a form and fees needed to be submitted?

jgggg

Feb 24, 2022
I got federal SA approval letter on March 4 and they advised to apply for MIDI with the under taking forms. So I applied in one week. My application reached to MIDI on March 14. On Mach 15 The IRCC has requested to provide CSQ within 60 days. Not sure how I can get that done because the processing time for CSQ are higher than 60 days.

I tried to reach IRCC but no luck. Anyone from quebec is in the same situation?

SGSG

Mar 16, 2022
Anyone received the CSQ certificate recently?

Package sent to MIDI on Feb 15, received AOR on March 2 and after that no news.

Please share your timeline/experience. Thank you and wishing everyone the very best! May we all get united with our loved ones soon.

liste

Mar 27, 2021

Please share your timeline/experience. Thank you and wishing everyone the very best! May we all get united with our loved ones soon.
Hello @SGSG ! There are a few of us that are confused about what exactly we are supposed to send to the MIFI for the CSQ. Would you mind sharing which document(s) you sent from the IRCC to the MIFI, please? So excited for you that you received your AOR from Quebec!

SGSG

Mar 16, 2022
Hello @SGSG ! There are a few of us that are confused about what exactly we are supposed to send to the MIFI for the CSQ. Would you mind sharing which document(s) you sent from the IRCC to the MIFI, please? So excited for you that you received your AOR from Quebec!
Hello,
In my specific case, this was the only document from IRCC I sent to them :
https://sites.google.com/view/canadaspousalsponsorship201820/home/forms/quebec/csq-request

I suggest you to follow MIFI's checklist as well.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: liste and jachan

jgggg

Feb 24, 2022

I'm also waiting for my CSQ. Package sent to MIDI on March 14. AOR received dated March 23.

neigeman

Jun 6, 2021
Hello guys
Finally we received Medical Examination Letter & Pre-arrival Letter on 30th march after 9 months :D
Lets see what's going next;)