+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS score change between ITA and application filing due to change of age

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
You mean score will be change and i have to reach up to the current Draw???
Wait...you got married after you sent in your application and paid your fees? Then adding your spouse shouldn't effect eligibility as long as the marriage happened after AOR.

Hdnarola20

Jun 21, 2019
Wait...you got married after you sent in your application and paid your fees? Then adding your spouse shouldn't effect eligibility as long as the marriage happened after AOR.
Yes i have already submitted my file and pays fees and now i am going to add my wife...
I have my AOR too...
Thanks for making me 100% Sure...

Thanks...

aswinqaqc

Jan 10, 2020
hi,

My age was 29 and CRS score was 472 when I received an ITA with ITA cutoff of 471

Within 60 days period given for filing application my age will be 30 due to which my score will drop to 467.

Is there something i have to give an explanation when I apply with documents so that case officer can notice of the exemption

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
hi,

My age was 29 and CRS score was 472 when I received an ITA with ITA cutoff of 471

Within 60 days period given for filing application my age will be 30 due to which my score will drop to 467.

Is there something i have to give an explanation when I apply with documents so that case officer can notice of the exemption
Can you submit your documents before the birthday hits? I believe that the exemption happens once the AOR is received because that is when your application is locked. I had a similar issue and in my gcms notes it showed that they recalculated my score with a drop of 5 points. I can't remember if they exempted that drop or not since I was above the minimum cutoff even after the reduction in points.

Reactions: aswinqaqc

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I already touched 30 and score reduced.I am yet to apply. What can be an option
I think the your age may be recalculated and the officer may decide to take our age at ITA and not AOR. But it is up to the officer.

Edit: It seems that they will consider your age at ITA. So, i think there is no need to worry.

Last edited:
Reactions: aswinqaqc

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
hi,

A explanation shouldn't be needed; case officers should already know about the exemption. The same thing happened to me. I was 34 when I received by ITA and turned 35 between that and AOR. The officer used my age at the time of ITA (34). I received PPR last week without any issue.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

Umitca

Oct 29, 2022
Hi ,
If I receive an ITA based on the score of 483 , but I remove some work experience after ITA and have a 400 score which is below cut off score, I know I will not be eligible , but what if I pass french exam between ITA and PR application and pump up the score to 495 ? Can I still be eligible although at the time of ITA my score was below cut off score?
Thanks,