+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS score change between ITA and application filing due to change of age

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Posting a snapshot from my GCMS notes which shows that age is reviewed and locked on AOR. I would rather make sure that my documentation is sufficient enough to support my application rather than applying in a situation which will add more risk and scope for refusals.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Posting a snapshot from my GCMS notes which shows that age is reviewed and locked on AOR. I would rather make sure that my documentation is sufficient enough to support my application rather than applying in a situation which will add more risk and scope for refusals.

Thanks for the snapshot.
In your case there is no issue as there is no change of age between ITA and eAPR/AOR.
If you had fallen below cut-off in this period of time, officer would've exercised discretion on exemption.
Your approach is of course the right one to have, but some applicants are in a situation where they cannot do much, especially when it comes to age, exactly the premise under which the clause of exemption has be installed.

sohamamin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Visa Office......
ottava
AOR Received.
21 nov
hi,

My CRS score is 668 and based on that i got invitation last month where cutoff was 441.
this week i got married and what i should do if I want add my spouse ?
Including my spouse our crs score is 449.
I have not submitted my ITA yet
please someone suggest me as soon as possible so i can work accordingly.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Definitely decline the ITA and reapply, you should get a new invutatinv. I have heard of horror stories of people who didn't apply together and it ended up taking a lot of time to get to Canada. At 449 you should still comfortably make it

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
hi,

My CRS score is 668 and based on that i got invitation last month where cutoff was 441.
this week i got married and what i should do if I want add my spouse ?
Including my spouse our crs score is 449.
I have not submitted my ITA yet
please someone suggest me as soon as possible so i can work accordingly.
How come your score falls from 668 without spouse, to 449 with spouse?
Anywho, there should be a draw on October 17th, it would be just less of a headache to decline ITA now and get a new ITA next week with spouse points and information. Otherwise you'll have to explain the change of situation between ITA and eAPR. Officer will definitely take note of the change.
449 should be fine.

sohamamin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Visa Office......
ottava
AOR Received.
21 nov
Definitely decline the ITA and reapply, you should get a new invutatinv. I have heard of horror stories of people who didn't apply together and it ended up taking a lot of time to get to Canada. At 449 you should still comfortably make it
Okay ... I'm doing it immediately ..Thanks for your guidence...

Hdnarola20

Jun 21, 2019
Hi There...
I got ITA on 20 September and i have submitted my file and pay all fees on 23 October..After that i got married on 20 November..my score was 457 and minimum score was 440 that time...so if i add my wife now than my point will be recalculate???
I mean i have to have make at least 440 point after adding my wife??
Please reply
Thanks

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi There...
I got ITA on 20 September and i have submitted my file and pay all fees on 23 October..After that i got married on 20 November..my score was 457 and minimum score was 440 that time...so if i add my wife now than my point will be recalculate???
I mean i have to have make at least 440 point after adding my wife??
Please reply
Thanks
yes, i believe so. Your score will be recalculated based on the cutoff point for the september 20 ITA

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
With adding my wife my score will be only 434 so my ITA will be rejected?
ok, wait I think i misunderstood your question. Maybe I am not 100% sure and other members can confirm but any changes that occur in age are locked at time of ITA which means my previous answer might be wrong.

So maybe I am not 100% sure if your points would be adjusted based on marriage after you have submitted.

Take a look at this thread

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/marriage-after-ita.483277/

Reactions: Pgill2609

Hdnarola20

Jun 21, 2019
ok, wait I think i misunderstood your question. Maybe I am not 100% sure and other members can confirm but any changes that occur in age are locked at time of ITA which means my previous answer might be wrong.

So maybe I am not 100% sure if your points would be adjusted based on marriage after you have submitted.

Take a look at this thread

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/marriage-after-ita.483277/
Actually i am surprised with your answer...
Because i have asked so many people and they said that once file is submitted than its completely locked even though you add your wife....
But i am also not 100 % sure too...
I am requestreq to everyone who know the sure answer please reply...
Thanks man...

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Because i have asked so many people and they said that once file is submitted than its completely locked even though you add your wife....
Thanks man...
yeah, i think my first answer is most probably wrong and I think that your score will not change.

Somebody else to confirm.

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Thanks man...
Your score will change if you add your wife. You will only run into a problem if adding your wife decreases your score to below the cut off of the draw.

Hdnarola20

Jun 21, 2019
Your score will change if you add your wife. You will only run into a problem if adding your wife decreases your score to below the cut off of the draw.

You mean add my wife now and my score will be less than 440 than i will have a problem??