+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Rehabilitation Application Timeline

Summerbreeze

May 1, 2023
I understand your situation as I’m in a similar boat. However, I’ve got an opinion from what I’ve seen so far, if you have a live application, there’s a better chance for your rehab application being seen to. Whereas if it’s just a rehab application, it takes longer as live applications need to be concluded and they can’t be without the rehab being assessed as well.
I have a live ETA application submitted in October 2023. It said I should get an update with 72 hours, but all they did was forward it to the London office and silence. I was deemed rehabilitated in May 2023. I got legal advice that suggested flying to the US and have documents at Canadian border as I am legally deemed rehabilitated as it has been more than 10 years, but that would give me anxiety.

Last edited:

akins002

Feb 2, 2024
This message is confusing...You said you were deem rehabilitated since october 2023, How come your application is 3 years? Did u apply for CR in 2021?? You also said they responded to the enquiry you submitted In november 2023 and two months after was still jan 2023??? I guess u meant 2024. Did you use a lawyer?
Hoping to read from you soon.
I read your response. May 2021. DUI is Serious criminality according to them.

akins002

Feb 2, 2024
I have a live ETA application submitted in October 2023. It said I should get an update with 72 hours, but all they did is forward it to the London office and silence. I was deemed rehabilitated in May 2023. I got legal advice that suggested flying to the US and have documents at Canadian border as I am legally deemed rehabilitated as it has been more than 10 years, but that would give me anxiety.
This might be a good news for you. My lawyer reached out to them through federal court of canada, they told him that they were quite busy because they treated over 1.2million application from ukraine CUAET and that they were the only embassy that treated it, they also emphasized that they were going to finish the Ukraine applications in February 2024 and start the processing Criminal Rehabilitation applications in March 2024. Your submission is May 2021 and they were already closed from treating applications since March 2020 after the covid shutdown. There is 2020, application then they get to 2021.

From the timeline they gave me, I feel you will get a decision before end of summer 2024 because they have started treating REHABS since March 2024 according to them. Good luck to you

Reactions: Summerbreeze

Summerbreeze

May 1, 2023
Hello everyone. Is there a way to get notes on your CR application? Any way to track your CR application?
yes, there are various companies online that you can pay around $20 USD to request your case notes. I just did it today and says it is currently taking around 20 days to process. I kind of wish I did it sooner.

Summerbreeze

May 1, 2023
This might be a good news for you. My lawyer reached out to them through federal court of canada, they told him that they were quite busy because they treated over 1.2million application from ukraine CUAET and that they were the only embassy that treated it, they also emphasized that they were going to finish the Ukraine applications in February 2024 and start the processing Criminal Rehabilitation applications in March 2024. Your submission is May 2021 and they were already closed from treating applications since March 2020 after the covid shutdown. There is 2020, application then they get to 2021.

From the timeline they gave me, I feel you will get a decision before end of summer 2024 because they have started treating REHABS since March 2024 according to them. Good luck to you
Ok, thank you kindly for that information as it is very helpful. I had reached out to a lawyer who offered to write an opinion letter which would cost $1,000 to use at the border from flying into the states. I have been contemplating the cost, but it just unfortunate to pay all that after already paying a lot for this application in 2021 and also being legally deemed rehabilitated as of May 2023. Hopefully they can come back with a decision soon as I have a lot of family and friends in Canada and I long to see them again.

akins002

Feb 2, 2024
Ok, thank you kindly for that information as it is very helpful. I had reached out to a lawyer who offered to write an opinion letter which would cost $1,000 to use at the border from flying into the states. I have been contemplating the cost, but it just unfortunate to pay all that after already paying a lot for this application in 2021 and also being legally deemed rehabilitated as of May 2023. Hopefully they can come back with a decision soon as I have a lot of family and friends in Canada and I long to see them again.

From the response they gave my lawyer, i will advise you wait till after August then consider going to the border as the lawyer suggested. One thing i am still worried about is that.....( If ircc makes a promise do they keep to it). Looking at when you applied, i think your decision is very very very close. Yours is like Almost a year before mine, so i believe yours is close. Be very hopeful.

They gave me reasons for thier delay, the 1.2 million application that was to be concluded in Feb 2024 and stated that they will start the REHABS in March 2024.

Please kindly give us update when u get your approval. So as to give others hope for their turn to rejoice.

Cloudsrtife

May 15, 2024

Just want to confirm, Did your lawyer contact the London office and got this information or was it a canadian office? Also, aren't rehab applications only done in canada?

akins002

Feb 2, 2024
Just want to confirm, Did your lawyer contact the London office and got this information or was it a canadian office? Also, aren't rehab applications only done in canada?
The London office told the court in canada all what i told you.... I filled for mandamus. So London must reply. The response from london was what i sent to you.

Reactions: Summerbreeze

Summerbreeze

May 1, 2023
Iy
The London office told the court in canada all what i told you.... I filled for mandamus. So London must reply. The response from london was what i sent to you.
It is a shame our applications couldn't have been transferred to another office to process while London dealt with the 1.2 million Ukraine applications. I know others who applied to other offices after me and had already gotten theirs approved in 18 months.

akins002

Feb 2, 2024
Iy

It is a shame our applications couldn't have been transferred to another office to process while London dealt with the 1.2 million Ukraine applications. I know others who applied to other offices after me and had already gotten theirs approved in 18 months.
This message just got me down..... Hopefully ours will come soon. I always know london office to be like that..

Summerbreeze

May 1, 2023
This message just got me down..... Hopefully ours will come soon. I always know london office to be like that..
Don't let it, at least your lawyer confirmed they are resuming as of March 2024. I felt down for a moment thinking I wish I had applied from 2018 before the war and the pandemic, but such is life. We will get approved soon.

akins002

Feb 2, 2024
Don't let it, at least your lawyer confirmed they are resuming as of March 2024. I felt down for a moment thinking I wish I had applied from 2018 before the war and the pandemic, but such is life. We will get approved soon.
I key into your word ( we will get approved soon). Hoping to get goodnews from this forum as soon as possssible.