+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Rehabilitation Application Timeline

seanmm24

Sep 6, 2018
I applied for criminal rehabilitation at he Sydney visa office in April 2021. Waiting anxiously for any kind of a response. Has anybody going through this application with this or another visa office in recent times who could share their timelines for communication or approval to a rehab application?

atosoto

Oct 1, 2018
NOC Code......
I applied for criminal Rehabilitation in Bogotá October 2020, received a request to provide Colombian Criminal Background Check in December 2021... Been waiting since then.

Won

Sep 23, 2017
I applied for mine in Sep 2020 and still waiting for it. I already asked them about it via Webform four times, and they always answered, "The application is in process."

atosoto

Oct 1, 2018
NOC Code......
I received my approval for Criminal Rehabilitation Last week. Here's the time line:

-Applied October 2020 via courier at the Bogota office
-February 2021 they called and say I did not need to file a CR application that my application was on its way back to my house; but my lawyer insisted, so I returned the file
-December 23rd 2021, they requested Colombian Police Background check. Got the process done and I send the embassy the 'receipt' that those were being processed (police background results are given directly to the embassy)
-Last two weeks of May 2022, I emailed the embassy and the CR program manager asking for an update on the app, received no reply.
-June 10th 2022 Approximately, I received the approval of my CR application.

Any questions, let me know

Reactions: scylla

Won

Sep 23, 2017
I received my approval for Criminal Rehabilitation Last week. Here's the time line:

-Applied October 2020 via courier at the Bogota office
-February 2021 they called and say I did not need to file a CR application that my application was on its way back to my house; but my lawyer insisted, so I returned the file
-December 23rd 2021, they requested Colombian Police Background check. Got the process done and I send the embassy the 'receipt' that those were being processed (police background results are given directly to the embassy)
-Last two weeks of May 2022, I emailed the embassy and the CR program manager asking for an update on the app, received no reply.
-June 10th 2022 Approximately, I received the approval of my CR application.

Any questions, let me know
Firstly, congratulations on the approval!
I am wondering how did you get the contact information? and where?
Thanks in advance.

atosoto

Oct 1, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks,

just google:
How do I email the Canadian embassy in Manila? (Just change the name of your country/city.)

You'll get results along the way:

1. Consular Services, Passport Services, Citizenship Services and Notary Service Inquiries.
  2. Email: manila-consular@international.gc.ca. Fax: (63-2) 8-843-1082.
  3. Contact information is also available for the following offices:

The one in Bogota is: bgota@international.gc.ca (the letter o is missing)

hope this helps

Won

Sep 23, 2017
Thanks,

just google:
How do I email the Canadian embassy in Manila? (Just change the name of your country/city.)

You'll get results along the way:

1. Consular Services, Passport Services, Citizenship Services and Notary Service Inquiries.
  2. Email: manila-consular@international.gc.ca. Fax: (63-2) 8-843-1082.
  3. Contact information is also available for the following offices:

The one in Bogota is: bgota@international.gc.ca (the letter o is missing)

hope this helps
Thanks for the reply, I thought that you applied for it in Canada...I'm in Canada, and it's hard to reach out to them..

atosoto

Oct 1, 2018
NOC Code......
Just be patient, I'm guessing is going to take another couple months at the most... Good luck!

NordkappAsahiBeer

Jun 9, 2022
I got New Zealand ETA approved. I ticked 'yes' to a criminal record question. No need to explain anything. No need police certificate and court records. Only 10 hours was passed and I got an ETA approved.

Very happy today!!!!

But my Canada ETA application is still in progress and there is no result now.

Last edited:

Rehabman

Jun 22, 2022
I got New Zealand ETA approved. I ticked 'yes' to a criminal record question. No need to explain anything. No need police certificate and court records. Only 10 hours was passed and I got an ETA approved.

Very happy today!!!!

But my Canada ETA application is still in progress and there is no result now.

canada have different laws regarding criminality.

Conchur B

Jun 21, 2022
I went through the process last year

Applied: 16th Feb 2022 - Paper to London office

Got my visa approved 13th May 2022, applied for ETA didn't go through. essentially the approved the visa application without lucking at the rehab form, found this out 3rd June 2022, provided chararcter references, letter etc 5th June 2022, approved 12th June 2022

Rehabman

Jun 22, 2022
do you mind me asking what your convictions were?

i submitted my application in Feb 2022, they've given me an application number but in response to a follow-up, they sent me a generic email saying 'applications may take over a year'.