+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Rehabilitation Application Timeline

seanmm24

Sep 6, 2018
Mine was a slightly unusual situation as they basically messed up and gave me my work visa without looking at my rehab application, consequently they ended up processing the rehab application and ETA in about a week. I think this is probably unusual, equally the London Canadian embassy were very helpful
Sounds like you got lucky which saved you A LOT of waiting patiently!

seanmm24

Sep 6, 2018
I received my rehab approval last week. My Timeline:

Applied for rehab with paper application April 2021 to the Sydney Australia Office.

Got absolutely no response for the first year. After 12 months I started submitting enquires once per month. No response at all to the first 2. They responded to the 3rd with my rehab approval at the end of June 2022.

I think that pestering them helped it along a little.

Good luck to anyone still waiting.

NordkappAsahiBeer

Jun 9, 2022

Applied for rehab with paper application April 2021 to the Sydney Australia Office.

Got absolutely no response for the first year. After 12 months I started submitting enquires once per month. No response at all to the first 2. They responded to the 3rd with my rehab approval at the end of June 2022.

Congratulations!!!!

I am applying for ETA with deemed rehabilitation. Still in progress now.

I have sent a message to you. Please check your inbox.

Dec 18, 2017
Im currently living in Canada I submitted my application in 2018 I have conviction from the USA from 13 yrs ago. your eligible to apply for rehab 10 years after the end of your sentence. I applied in 2018 and still have not gotten any reply. I also Applied for a H&C as well and I still have not gotten any decision or response. Does anyone know why is may be. I also went to federal court because CBSA refused my request to defer my removal, and judge issues a ruling to return that decision to another officer for reconsideration. what does this mean???

Dec 18, 2017
Update: about 2 months ago I Received a letter from IRCC stating that my Rehab Application was withdrawn due to missing identity document (specifically a passport). This does not make sense because they know I do not have a passport. They have been trying to get one for years now in attempt of removing me due to "criminal inadmissibility". Either way federal court (judicial review) stayed the proceedings. either way IRCC refunded my fee ($800) for the rehab application. I assume I would need to get a passport and re-apply then repay the fee. Does it make sense to get a passport from my home country and re-apply? If they wanted to deny my application due to not be eligible or due to what ever reason they may feel, they would have done so. The fact that they only 'withdrew' the application must mean something. Maybe it mean if I had a passport I may have gotten approved it? Did any one experience this while applying for Canadian rehabilitation. Please share your in site if you have knowledge of this process. I appreciate it.

Rehabman

Jun 22, 2022
Update: about 2 months ago I Received a letter from IRCC stating that my Rehab Application was withdrawn due to missing identity document (specifically a passport). This does not make sense because they know I do not have a passport. They have been trying to get one for years now in attempt of removing me due to "criminal inadmissibility". Either way federal court (judicial review) stayed the proceedings. either way IRCC refunded my fee ($800) for the rehab application. I assume I would need to get a passport and re-apply then repay the fee. Does it make sense to get a passport from my home country and re-apply? If they wanted to deny my application due to not be eligible or due to what ever reason they may feel, they would have done so. The fact that they only 'withdrew' the application must mean something. Maybe it mean if I had a passport I may have gotten approved it? Did any one experience this while applying for Canadian rehabilitation. Please share your in site if you have knowledge of this process. I appreciate it.
i mean a copy of your passport is required as a fornal form of identification.

either way, even if you need to apply for a passport, its a long process getting these applications processed. ive been waiting for over 15 months..

Summerbreeze

May 1, 2023
I received my approval for Criminal Rehabilitation Last week. Here's the time line:

-Applied October 2020 via courier at the Bogota office
-February 2021 they called and say I did not need to file a CR application that my application was on its way back to my house; but my lawyer insisted, so I returned the file
-December 23rd 2021, they requested Colombian Police Background check. Got the process done and I send the embassy the 'receipt' that those were being processed (police background results are given directly to the embassy)
-Last two weeks of May 2022, I emailed the embassy and the CR program manager asking for an update on the app, received no reply.
-June 10th 2022 Approximately, I received the approval of my CR application.

Any questions, let me know
How did they write to you as I have moved since applying? Did they email or send a letter in the mail?

Summerbreeze

May 1, 2023

How did they write to you as I have moved address since applying? Did you message them on the IRCC webform as I am not sure which option to select.

Summerbreeze

May 1, 2023
I applied in May 2021 to the London office and I am still waiting a response. I have tried to email them a few times and got generic replies. My 10 years is this month. How do you message through IRCC webform as to what option did you choose when it asks ‘What did you apply for?” Also I have moved address since I submitted the application so wondering if they wrote to folks in the mail or emailed with updates/approvals? Wondering if what changes if I am deemed rehabilitated as of 13th May 2023.

Summerbreeze

May 1, 2023
Congratulations!!!!

I am applying for ETA with deemed rehabilitation. Still in progress now.

I have sent a message to you. Please check your inbox.
Do you have any update on this. Even though I haven't had a response from the London office on my Criminal Rehabilitation Application submitted May 2021, this month makes 10 years, so wondering how would this work for applying for another eTA as deemed rehabilitated?

Rehabman

Jun 22, 2022
I applied in May 2021 to the London office and I am still waiting a response. I have tried to email them a few times and got generic replies. My 10 years is this month. How do you message through IRCC webform as to what option did you choose when it asks ‘What did you apply for?” Also I have moved address since I submitted the application so wondering if they wrote to folks in the mail or emailed with updates/approvals? Wondering if what changes if I am deemed rehabilitated as of 13th May 2023.
Hey! hope youre well.

just saw your post on this thread, i can share my experience.

i applied for an eta in Nov 2020, it was under review and i was asked for submission of police certificates in Jan 2021. submitted the documents requested.

hear nothing for a year, until Feb 2022 and i get asked to submit an application for rehabilitation (non-serious criminality) in feb 2022. so submitted the whole application in feb, 2022. do not hear anything until i get a notification through my email stating theres an update on my CIC account. only to see an updated (dtd June 22) on the process checklist saying additional documents are being reviewed.

but since then, ive written many emails and letters but havent recieved anything but generic replies stating they cant provide an update.

Regards

akins002

Feb 2, 2024
I have applied since february 2022 via london office, till today no decision, the only feedback i got was in July when they asked for additional information, i submitted it within 2 week and never heard anything from them after.

akins002

Feb 2, 2024

[/QUO

Hello

was yours serious criminality or non serious criminality???

Rehabman

Jun 22, 2022
I have applied since february 2022 via london office, till today no decision, the only feedback i got was in July when they asked for additional information, i submitted it within 2 week and never heard anything from them after.
That’s the same as my case. I think I’m going to put an automated daily follow up email to them until I hear a response.