+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

sma2husa

Mar 9, 2015
Lynx88 said:
They will probably request it. For visa exempt countries a passport photocopy would be sufficient. For me, DM showed up on ecas a day after PPR.

Thanks! I am fine with the passport request as long as they require only a passport photocopy and not the real one :)

sma2husa

Mar 9, 2015
TJ_TO said:
I just received my passport request on Friday after going DM 9 days ago. I hold a multiple entry work visa that is valid until 2017. It appears there is no escaping the passport request if you are not from an exempt country.
Thanks for the message. Did they ask for your original passport or just a photocopy? Are you from a visa-exempt country or do you need a visa to even enter Canada say if you didn't have the work visa.

gooh

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2015
AOR Received.
23-4-2015
File Transfer...
29-4-2015
Med's Done....
5-2-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 14-8-2015 DM: 15-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Crossed the Detroit-Windsor tunnel. Since it was our first time (My dad, sibling, and I), we took a wrong turn and pulled into the Nexus passing. Officer didn't look thrilled, and because of the mixup we had a few small mistakes because of nerves (dad forgot to take off his driving sunglasses, didn't immediately roll down the back window for my sibling to be seen). I told the Officer I was going for a document, and I'd be staying to visit my fiance for 3-5 months. Family in the car was going to stay for a few days, then leave. We had to pull into secondary simply because of procedure by going through Nexus without Nexux passes. We pulled over and guards examined the car and my belongings. I heard one lady remark how much was in there, which didn't make me feel any better.

One guard asked about my sponsorship since he had found my document holder for any CIC related things I would maybe need to show. I answered his questions and he took us inside. Long story short, he gave me a 1 year TRV and sent me on my way, which was great. I got my Common-Law Declaration same day and had it shipped over night via UPS with a signature, and the notary we had it done at was nice enough to offer to email it to CIC himself as well (UCI and Application # quoted in the subject line). So all of that was done. I'm assuming I won't hear anything from CIC until they open my file back up and continue on with the document they needed(?) I'm hoping for DM within a month or two >< It's nice to be with my fiance, but I would like to start working.

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hi respected members,

Please respond.

I have sponsored my parents and they have recently got the letter below requesting PPR. The letter asks the applicant, my dad, to inform if anyone included in the application is pregnant as per below. My wife who lives with me in Canada and is neither a co-signer and nor in the application is pregnant and I am the only sponsor for my parents. Does my dad, the applicant, has to inform the visa office that my wife is pregnant as written in the #3 below?

Dear Applicant, (My Dad's Name)**********:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

fruitball4u

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-06-2015
File Transfer...
31-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
DM: 21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 17-12-2015
LANDED..........
03-01-2016
Xbero said:
Hi respected members,

Please respond.

I have sponsored my parents and they have recently got the letter below requesting PPR. The letter asks the applicant, my dad, to inform if anyone included in the application is pregnant as per below. My wife who lives with me in Canada and is neither a co-signer and nor in the application is pregnant and I am the only sponsor for my parents. Does my dad, the applicant, has to inform the visa office that my wife is pregnant as written in the #3 below?

Dear Applicant, (My Dad's Name)**********:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
No, he does not. It is only who is included in HIS application. So himself, you as the sponsor, or anyone else that he is bringing along with him.

TJ_TO

Sep 25, 2015
sma2husa said:
Thanks for the message. Did they ask for your original passport or just a photocopy? Are you from a visa-exempt country or do you need a visa to even enter Canada say if you didn't have the work visa.
I had to send my original passport. I am not from an exempt country.
I have a PGWP and I had to apply for for a TRV even though I had a PGWP. The TRV expires at the end my work visa in 2017. I was surprised that CIC waited so long before they asked me for my passport. I thought they were going to send me a COPR without the need for another visa in my passport.

Just waiting patiently now before everything is returned.

sma2husa

Mar 9, 2015
Hi guys,

We received the COPR in the mail today :) I wanted to thank you all for your help and support! Wish you all the very best! Here's my timeline for reference:

Application Received: April 23, 2015
Sponsorship Approval: May 27th, 2015
In Process in eCAS: October 20th, 2015 (Processing application since June 4th)
Generic email: October 23rd, 2015
Decision Made: November 26th, 2015
COPR: Received November 30th (Letter dated November 25th)

To our delight, there was no PPR. My wife is from a visa exempt country so we were expecting a request for a passport photocopy but they didn't even ask for that :) Not sure why - maybe because we are already residing in Canada?

If you already reside in Canada, they give you the option to book an appointment at a CIC office so you don't have to leave the country and re-enter.

Best of luck to you guys! Hope the process becomes easier for everyone with the new government.

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
sma2husa said:
Hi guys,

We received the COPR in the mail today :) I wanted to thank you all for your help and support! Wish you all the very best! Here's my timeline for reference:
Congrats!! Thanks for the tips for those of us who are residing in Canada. Going to an office is much more preferable than driving to a border and coming back heh.

robyn129

Sep 29, 2014
Dunedin, NZ
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (applied to Sydney)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
JamesinCanada said:
Congrats!! Thanks for the tips for those of us who are residing in Canada. Going to an office is much more preferable than driving to a border and coming back heh.
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get an appointment at a CIC office? We are in PEI, so I guess our nearest office is Halifax?

Just wondering if it might take longer to schedule an appointment than to drive to and from the nearest border....

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
robyn129 said:
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get an appointment at a CIC office? We are in PEI, so I guess our nearest office is Halifax?

Just wondering if it might take longer to schedule an appointment than to drive to and from the nearest border....
I have heard some CIC offices are booked for atleast 3 weeks, it is much easier just to drive to a border crossing then waiting for an appointment at a CIC office.

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
gooh said:
Crossed the Detroit-Windsor tunnel. Since it was our first time (My dad, sibling, and I), we took a wrong turn and pulled into the Nexus passing. Officer didn't look thrilled, and because of the mixup we had a few small mistakes because of nerves (dad forgot to take off his driving sunglasses, didn't immediately roll down the back window for my sibling to be seen). I told the Officer I was going for a document, and I'd be staying to visit my fiance for 3-5 months. Family in the car was going to stay for a few days, then leave. We had to pull into secondary simply because of procedure by going through Nexus without Nexux passes. We pulled over and guards examined the car and my belongings. I heard one lady remark how much was in there, which didn't make me feel any better.

One guard asked about my sponsorship since he had found my document holder for any CIC related things I would maybe need to show. I answered his questions and he took us inside. Long story short, he gave me a 1 year TRV and sent me on my way, which was great. I got my Common-Law Declaration same day and had it shipped over night via UPS with a signature, and the notary we had it done at was nice enough to offer to email it to CIC himself as well (UCI and Application # quoted in the subject line). So all of that was done. I'm assuming I won't hear anything from CIC until they open my file back up and continue on with the document they needed(?) I'm hoping for DM within a month or two >< It's nice to be with my fiance, but I would like to start working.
I'm glad you got the VR! I know it's so easy to make a wrong turn at the tunnel. We did on Saturday too and we've crossed plenty of times, this time we had my husbands kids with so we were a bit stressed about that. It's easy to let your nerves take over when crossing!
Hopefully soon you get DM, I know it's boring as heck not working but at least we are with our significant others! Congrats again.

Keysha2326

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
30-01-2015 (upfront)
Hi! Any april applicant who applied outside canada recieved an update for copr yet?

mgrandolini

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Dublin
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
Doc's Request.
Batch Email 23-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-12-2015 COPR: 22-01-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
Keysha2326 said:
Hi! Any april applicant who applied outside canada recieved an update for copr yet?
Its been sooo quite since last Thursday :'(
Did you get DM?

Keysha2326

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
30-01-2015 (upfront)
mgrandolini said:
Its been sooo quite since last Thursday :'(
Did you get DM?
No, not yet ;( .. Hoping for DM before the holidays. I dont know how many more weeks to wait ..

desolate

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre: Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
12th April 2018
AOR Received.
29th May 2018
File Transfer...
In process since July 12 2018, File transferred to Scarborough, Ontario on May 24th 2019
Interview........
September 4th 2019 Citizenship Test/Interview
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
Got Passport Request on 19th Nov, Send passport on 19th to Ottawa,
Passport received: 23rd November.
Passport return : not yet.

P.S i have Post graduate work permit (PGWP) + TRV valid till 2017 May.
Passport Request is for PR & COPR..