Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
gooh said:
Crossed the Detroit-Windsor tunnel. Since it was our first time (My dad, sibling, and I), we took a wrong turn and pulled into the Nexus passing. Officer didn't look thrilled, and because of the mixup we had a few small mistakes because of nerves (dad forgot to take off his driving sunglasses, didn't immediately roll down the back window for my sibling to be seen). I told the Officer I was going for a document, and I'd be staying to visit my fiance for 3-5 months. Family in the car was going to stay for a few days, then leave. We had to pull into secondary simply because of procedure by going through Nexus without Nexux passes. We pulled over and guards examined the car and my belongings. I heard one lady remark how much was in there, which didn't make me feel any better.

One guard asked about my sponsorship since he had found my document holder for any CIC related things I would maybe need to show. I answered his questions and he took us inside. Long story short, he gave me a 1 year TRV and sent me on my way, which was great. I got my Common-Law Declaration same day and had it shipped over night via UPS with a signature, and the notary we had it done at was nice enough to offer to email it to CIC himself as well (UCI and Application # quoted in the subject line). So all of that was done. I'm assuming I won't hear anything from CIC until they open my file back up and continue on with the document they needed(?) I'm hoping for DM within a month or two >< It's nice to be with my fiance, but I would like to start working.
You mean visitor record, not TRV I think. But congrats! See things went about as wrong as they could in your case and it still worked out fine because you were well-prepared.

DanOCan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-05-2015
File Transfer...
18-06-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
Keysha2326 said:
Hi! Any april applicant who applied outside canada recieved an update for copr yet?
Still waiting here. I'm down to only checking eCAS once a day now as the excitement I experienced when we went from Application Received to In Progress has long since faded, especially as we see people from May getting DM already. We've had no word from CIC since being part of the big batch email on Oct. 23.

mgrandolini

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Dublin
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
Doc's Request.
Batch Email 23-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-12-2015 COPR: 22-01-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
DanOCan said:
Still waiting here. I'm down to only checking eCAS once a day now as the excitement I experienced when we went from Application Received to In Progress has long since faded, especially as we see people from May getting DM already. We've had no word from CIC since being part of the big batch email on Oct. 23.
When did you go IP? It is so frustrating isn't it. I would say any day now though :) optimistic

robyn129

Sep 29, 2014
Dunedin, NZ
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (applied to Sydney)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Finally received COPR in the mail today...in two weeks it will be one year since we applied. Just to add one final twist to this immigration journey, it was accompanied by a 4-page letter of instructions that is entirely in French. We don't speak much French.... so....

Does anyone have an English version of this document they could copy and email me??? Thanks :)

I highly doubt our timeline is relevant to anyone in this forum at this point, as it seems that most people who are at the Decision Made/COPR stage applied 4-5 months after we did. Just in case...

Application sent: 19 December 2014
Sponsorship approval: 6 March 2015
eCAS changed to 'Decision Made': 24 Oct 2015
Passport copy request sent: 14 Nov 2015
We sent requested copies to Ottawa: 25 Nov 2015
COPR received: 2 Dec 2015

Good luck to all who are on this journey...I certainly hope you all get through this process faster than we did!!!

Keysha2326

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
30-01-2015 (upfront)
DanOCan said:
My application is in process since june 4 .. I'm a part of the batch email too.. It was the first and last time i heard from ottawa .. Hm, I wonder how cic works .. You're right many may applicants got their DMs weeks ago .. Hopefully we are next.. :(

spinning_sponsor

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015 and 02-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
IN PROCESS 09-10-2015 DM 11-02-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Ottawa sent us an ultimatum today indicating they sent us a request for more info back in May (only 7 days after initially receiving our app?) however no such email was ever sent to us! Has anyone else experienced this? It's scary because we provided all this info in our initial email package, now they're demanding more in such a short timespan!

-----------------------

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Our records indicate that an initial request was sent to you on 2015/05/15 providing you with 45 days to provide the following documentation.

Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member Please provide additional documents showing that you continuously cohabited with your sponsor after may 1st 2015. Please be sure to provide us with the oldest possible documentation showing your cohabitation, and provide a selection of documents which show that you continued to cohabit up to now (or to when you stopped cohabiting, if applicable). To show continuity, these documents should be dated and they can be anything showing that you shared an address including joint bills, identity documents showing same address, joint /rental agreements/home ownership, etc.

To this date, we have not heard back from you.

In order to continue processing your application we require the documentation identified above.

This is your final reminder.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 7 days from the date of this letter.

Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.

If we have asked you to send us several documents, you are required to submit all the documents together. Do not send documents one at a time. You should include your name and file number (which is indicated in the subject line) in all your correspondence.

We do not acknowledge receipt of mail or documents. If you send mail by courier to our office and you want to ensure that it has arrived, please check with the courier company. We will not respond to enquiries asking to confirm receipt of documents/emails/ information.

If you are unable to submit the requested document(s) within the timeframe given, you must notify our office before the due date ­and you must provide an explanation as to why you are unable to submit the documents within the given timeframe.

If you do not answer all questions and provide all the documents requested, this will cause delays in the processing of your application. If a question does not apply to you please write 'N/A' or 'Not Applicable.' Do not leave the answer blank. You must answer all questions in English or French.

It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide our office is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the information or documents you have submitted.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

mrpotatohead

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05MAY2015
AOR Received.
04JUN2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21APR2015
Interview........
IP 09OCT2015
DanOCan said:
If it puts your mind at ease even a little, I'm in the exact same boat-- I'm a May applicant, I believe we went IP the same day, I got the Oct 23 batch email, and I have heard absolutely nothing since. I'm haven't before, but I'm beginning to get really anxious and frustrated with the whole process. :/

angipangy

Sep 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
IP: 04-08-2015
Med's Done....
04-01-2015
Hi All,

Late May applicant here. Received batch email on November 24. Is it ok to just attach docs to the email and send? Or should my docs be physically mailed?? Thx in advance :) Hopefully we'll see some more DMs this week!!

Perie

Oct 23, 2015
Keysha2326 said:
Hey, did you get the batch email? Im an april applicant too. Cic received my application on april 14. Still no DM for me :(
April applicant- got IP Oct 9, the batch email Oct 23, DM Nov 26 and COPR in the mail today! (Vancouver address)
Thanks bunches to all for your help along the way. Hoping good stuff is coming for the rest:)

CamL-W

Jun 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-June-2015
Doc's Request.
03-December-2015
AOR Received.
SA Letter: 13-August-2015
File Transfer...
In Process : 06-August-2015
Med's Done....
09-March-2015
Passport Req..
New Imm Pics : 03-December-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 10-January-2016 / COPR: 19-January-2016
robyn129 said:
Finally received COPR in the mail today...in two weeks it will be one year since we applied. Just to add one final twist to this immigration journey, it was accompanied by a 4-page letter of instructions that is entirely in French. We don't speak much French.... so....

Does anyone have an English version of this document they could copy and email me??? Thanks :)

I highly doubt our timeline is relevant to anyone in this forum at this point, as it seems that most people who are at the Decision Made/COPR stage applied 4-5 months after we did. Just in case...

Application sent: 19 December 2014
Sponsorship approval: 6 March 2015
eCAS changed to 'Decision Made': 24 Oct 2015
Passport copy request sent: 14 Nov 2015
We sent requested copies to Ottawa: 25 Nov 2015
COPR received: 2 Dec 2015

Good luck to all who are on this journey...I certainly hope you all get through this process faster than we did!!!
If you need any help with the form you can let me know, my mother tongue is French, I could translate for you if need be.

Keysha2326

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
30-01-2015 (upfront)
angipangy said:
Hi All,

Late May applicant here. Received batch email on November 24. Is it ok to just attach docs to the email and send? Or should my docs be physically mailed?? Thx in advance :) Hopefully we'll see some more DMs this week!!
Hi!
Your email must include this:
If you are the applicant or an authorized representative, you must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:
* Surname and Given name(s);
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;
* Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);

This is an automatic response from ottawa that they received my email. I emailed them twice, because the 1st email didnt include this information :)

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angipangy said:
Hi All,

Police certificate-mail
rest of documents-make pdf file and reply the email with attachment.

fruitball4u

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-06-2015
File Transfer...
31-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
DM: 21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 17-12-2015
LANDED..........
03-01-2016
mrpotatohead said:
If it puts your mind at ease even a little, I'm in the exact same boat-- I'm a May applicant, I believe we went IP the same day, I got the Oct 23 batch email, and I have heard absolutely nothing since. I'm haven't before, but I'm beginning to get really anxious and frustrated with the whole process. :/
If it makes either of you feel better, I'm a May applicant as well, got the Oct 23 batch email, and then on November 26 got another email from them saying that they still need my FBI document....which I sent in with my application. So now I'm looking at another 4-6 months to get DM as it looks like I'll have to get another FBI document, unless they can somehow scrounge up the one I sent in originally.

cali2bc

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2015 (Decision Made 25-11-2015)
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
My COPR arrived in the mail today in California! It is dated 11/25/15, which is the same day last week that my ECAS updated (technically the 26th at 12:30AM PST).

It took 6 months and 3 weeks from Application Received to COPR issuance (May 12, 2015 - December 2, 2015).

I am hoping that all of you receive your DMs and COPRs very soon!

EDIT: Is it risky to do a short landing, settle matters in the U.S. and return 1-2 months later, when there is condition 51?