Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
Aquakitty said:
We were SOOO happy to FINALLY see this last night as well. My husband landed in July but the computer system was screwy and to make a long story short they sent us 2 letters asking to see the stamp on his passport because they didn't know what day he actually landed (for his PR card)!

The first letter listed the wrong IMM form, but we faxed away the required information x2.

Then after a month of hearing nothing, he got another nearly identical letter, this time with the right IMM number. Apparently they didn't get the first faxes? No idea why, the fax service is one I've used before with no problems. It was very frustrating! We used a different fax service this time, and now he has the word "COMPLETE" on his ecas along with those lines.

Also interesting to note, the PR card has a separate section in ECAS, it even shows when it was mailed out! So 4 bloody months after landing we are expecting his card any day now (ecas says it was mailed on Oct. 30).

So happy to be done with CIC!
That's interesting! Didn't know there would be a PR card line. I'm worried, we are moving literally at the 8 week mark after I landed and I hope the PR card arrives before we leave or else I'm screwed :/

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
sobia said:
all i see is home addrress ,canada for myself and usa address for my husband who is being sponsored
If you put a USA address for your husband then that is where he will get his COPR, but you can change it through ecas. To contact CIC use a case-specific enquiry: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx - unless you mean the call centre. In the US you can call 1-613-944-4000.

That's interesting! Didn't know there would be a PR card line. I'm worried, we are moving literally at the 8 week mark after I landed and I hope the PR card arrives before we leave or else I'm screwed :/
Why would you be screwed? The COPR should be enough since you are American. They likely know about the long wait times for these cards.

cali2bc

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2015 (Decision Made 25-11-2015)
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
Aquakitty said:
If you put a USA address for your husband then that is where he will get his COPR, but you can change it through ecas. To contact CIC use a case-specific enquiry: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx - unless you mean the call centre. In the US you can call 1-613-944-4000.

Why would you be screwed? The COPR should be enough since you are American. They likely know about the long wait times for these cards.
I think ChellyCat means that she's already landed with her COPR, but she's worried that she won't be at her current Canadian address to receive her PR card because she will have moved to another address in Canada.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
cali2bc said:
I think ChellyCat means that she's already landed with her COPR, but she's worried that she won't be at her current Canadian address to receive her PR card because she will have moved to another address in Canada.
Ah, I read it like she was moving from the US after landing in Canada. Anyways if that is the case I suggest phoning the call centre and changing your address to one you can access. It takes a month before they even get to processing your PR card.

If you call, call at 8am your time (when they open) or expect to not get through or have a very long wait.

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
does the FBI POLICE CLEARANCE EXPIRE?

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
cali2bc said:
Yes that's exactly what I meant, sorry for the confusion x) It 8 weeks still an accurate timeline of how long it takes? We are moving around the 8 week mark so I don't know if I should risk it making it here in time or call them and give the new address and risk it coming there too early lol. I landed October 5 and our last day at this address is November 30. Any suggestions?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ChellyCat said:
Yes that's exactly what I meant, sorry for the confusion x) It 8 weeks still an accurate timeline of how long it takes? We are moving around the 8 week mark so I don't know if I should risk it making it here in time or call them and give the new address and risk it coming there too early lol. I landed October 5 and our last day at this address is November 30. Any suggestions?
Is there anywhere you can have it sent that will hold your mail (relatives, friends)?

stardt

May 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-29-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Hello Ottawa people I just checked ecas and found that we had DM on our application! Timeline is app rec'd May 29, SA July 27, IP Aug 6 and now DM Nov 7. Anyone else in my boat?
We are actually on a trip right now and not able to receive mail but am I right to assume we should be receiving COPR (or a rejection letter?!?) at my wife's mailing address in the US? (she's the applicant/im the sponsor). Nothing by email right?
Also when I click on DM it doesn't have a 4th line like "DM on xxx date"...
So excited and confused.

CamL-W

Jun 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-June-2015
Doc's Request.
03-December-2015
AOR Received.
SA Letter: 13-August-2015
File Transfer...
In Process : 06-August-2015
Med's Done....
09-March-2015
Passport Req..
New Imm Pics : 03-December-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 10-January-2016 / COPR: 19-January-2016
stardt said:
Hello Ottawa people I just checked ecas and found that we had DM on our application! Timeline is app rec'd May 29, SA July 27, IP Aug 6 and now DM Nov 7. Anyone else in my boat?
We are actually on a trip right now and not able to receive mail but am I right to assume we should be receiving COPR (or a rejection letter?!?) at my wife's mailing address in the US? (she's the applicant/im the sponsor). Nothing by email right?
So excited and confused.
That's almost my exact timeline except we applied on June 1st and no DM... Congrats on the DM, you're one of the very lucky ones.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
stardt said:
So excited and confused.
Congratulations! You are correct, the COPR will go to your wife's mailing address in the U.S, and you won't get anything by email. And don't expect a 4th line on ECAS either...the next thing should be that COPR showing up in the mailbox.

stardt

May 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-29-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
rugrat907 said:
Congratulations! You are correct, the COPR will go to your wife's mailing address in the U.S, and you won't get anything by email. And don't expect a 4th line on ECAS either...the next thing should be that COPR showing up in the mailbox.
YAY thank you. Any idea how long it takes to get the copr?

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
stardt said:
YAY thank you. Any idea how long it takes to get the copr?
Some people have gotten it pretty quickly...like within a week. Others have been longer...I'd give it two weeks. A lot of people have been able to call the Call Center and get the date it was sent too. But as we all know, that's somewhat dependent on the agent you get.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
Hi everyone,,my application was in Ottawa since I live in the US (green card holder) but it was a lil different (i will give details later)...

so, right now I received this email from Ottawa and I need some insight::

Date: November 8, 2015

--My name--

- My address in Canada

Canada
UCI: xxxxx
Application: xxxxx

Email:

Please review your mailing address above and advise us of any updates.

Dear xxxxxxxx,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION WITH ANY CHANGES, IF APPLICABLE

You must inform our office immediately if any of the following conditions apply:

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

If available, please send any evidence that supports the change by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

STEP 2: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s):

You must provide us with passports for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) must be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.

Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.

2. One self-addressed, pre-paid envelope with your complete mailing address so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. Please see details in step 3.

3. One copy of this letter.

STEP 3: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

· If you are unable to submit any of the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that alternate arrangements can be explored.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope is from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Please note that incorrect mailing addresses could result in your passport(s) being lost. Do not forget your apartment number and postal code. Our office accepts no responsibility for documents lost in the mail. We do not return passports by regular mail.

We look forward to receiving your package within the next 30 days.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Now, I am a Cuban Citizen,have a cuban passport BUT I have a green card and live in Miami,,I am currently in Quebec with my wife visiting and the address on file is that of my wife...Do I need to send them my cuban passport or just a copy of it and a copy of my green card so they send me the COPR (since i dont need a visa attached to my passport due to haveing a green card) ?????

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
lokyy said:
Hi everyone,,my application was in Ottawa since I live in the US (green card holder) but it was a lil different (i will give details later)...

so, right now I received this email from Ottawa and I need some insight::

Date: November 8, 2015

--My name--

- My address in Canada

Canada
UCI: xxxxx
Application: xxxxx

Email:

Please review your mailing address above and advise us of any updates.

Dear xxxxxxxx,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION WITH ANY CHANGES, IF APPLICABLE

You must inform our office immediately if any of the following conditions apply:

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

If available, please send any evidence that supports the change by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

STEP 2: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s):

You must provide us with passports for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) must be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.

Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.

2. One self-addressed, pre-paid envelope with your complete mailing address so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. Please see details in step 3.

3. One copy of this letter.

STEP 3: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

· If you are unable to submit any of the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that alternate arrangements can be explored.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope is from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Please note that incorrect mailing addresses could result in your passport(s) being lost. Do not forget your apartment number and postal code. Our office accepts no responsibility for documents lost in the mail. We do not return passports by regular mail.

We look forward to receiving your package within the next 30 days.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Now, I am a Cuban Citizen,have a cuban passport BUT I have a green card and live in Miami,,I am currently in Quebec with my wife visiting and the address on file is that of my wife...Do I need to send them my cuban passport or just a copy of it and a copy of my green card so they send me the COPR (since i dont need a visa attached to my passport due to haveing a green card) ?????
This is your PPR (passport request)! This means you are about to get your permanent residence visa. Send all the things they ask to Ottawa via courier (with tracking!) and they'll affix your visa to your passport and send it back to you and you'll be ready to land. Congratulations! :D

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Panamai said:
This is your PPR (passport request)! This means you are about to get your permanent residence visa. Send all the things they ask to Ottawa via courier (with tracking!) and they'll affix your visa to your passport and send it back to you and you'll be ready to land. Congratulations! :D

I think s/he is wondering if they should have received this passport request since they are a green card holder and thus visa-exempt.

Lokyy, CIC is very disorganized.I suggest simply sending them what they want with an explanation. They have been known to ask visa-exempt individuals for passports. Perhaps this is the norm for green card holders, that I don't know.