Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
thank you,so this means that i will get the COPR or visa in around maybe 2 weeks? :)

i will send them my passport and a copy of my green card and a cover letter letting them know that a COPR will be enough since i am visa exempt(cuz if the green card) and thus no need for a visa on the passport....

once i send the mail,,how long will it take to get back to me?

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
Aquakitty said:
I think s/he is wondering if they should have received this passport request since they are a green card holder and thus visa-exempt.

Lokyy, CIC is very disorganized.I suggest simply sending them what they want with an explanation. They have been known to ask visa-exempt individuals for passports. Perhaps this is the norm for green card holders, that I don't know.
Yeah, I didn't see the note at the bottom until after I hit "post." I tried to cancel the post, but I guess it didn't take. Oops. I don't actually know the answer for that, since I'm a US citizen. Lokyy, I hope you get it figured out soon. You could try to email them to double check. Last time I emailed I got a response within a few hours. Good luck!

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
got decision made this morning.

robyn129

Sep 29, 2014
Dunedin, NZ
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (applied to Sydney)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
rugrat907 said:
Some people have gotten it pretty quickly...like within a week. Others have been longer...I'd give it two weeks. A lot of people have been able to call the Call Center and get the date it was sent too. But as we all know, that's somewhat dependent on the agent you get.
That's for sure...It has been almost 3 weeks since our 'Decision Made', so I decided to phone the call centre to make sure they did indeed have our updated Canadian address (instead of our New Zealand one) just in case there was a time-sensitive request being sent to us for passports or something.

Not only did the incredibly grumpy CIC agent refuse to check our address (and he was also adamant that he was not going to give out any info about our application status even though I repeatedly assured him I didn't want any info on that...), but he told me to call back 26 months after our application date. For an address update?!?! Really?!?!? The only thing he would do is email me the link to the CIC contact info webpage. Oh so helpful...

So I sent an email to CIC instead that will also potentially be ignored?!?! Back to the waiting game...

robyn129

Sep 29, 2014
Dunedin, NZ
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
lokyy said:
got decision made this morning.
Congrats! I see that you have been waiting even longer than us, so I hope it is all over for you soon!!! :)

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
robyn129 said:
That's for sure...It has been almost 3 weeks since our 'Decision Made', so I decided to phone the call centre to make sure they did indeed have our updated Canadian address (instead of our New Zealand one) just in case there was a time-sensitive request being sent to us for passports or something.

Not only did the incredibly grumpy CIC agent refuse to check our address (and he was also adamant that he was not going to give out any info about our application status even though I repeatedly assured him I didn't want any info on that...), but he told me to call back 26 months after our application date. For an address update?!?! Really?!?!? The only thing he would do is email me the link to the CIC contact info webpage. Oh so helpful...

So I sent an email to CIC instead that will also potentially be ignored?!?! Back to the waiting game...
Try calling again. It will take forever to get a response to an email, if you get one at all. Several people have reported calling and asking when their COPR was sent and getting their question answered. Chances are you will get someone who is more helpful next time.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
robyn129 said:
Congrats! I see that you have been waiting even longer than us, so I hope it is all over for you soon!!! :)
Thank you,,my situation was a li different and here is why:

I am a cuban citizen BUT I live in Miami,Florida. When we sent the app november last year 2014 , Mississauga sent our app to Havana ,Cuba and not to Ottawa(where it should be since my place of residence in USA),,so,I had to contact our MP and in June they sent the app from Havana to Ottawa,,

I think if it had been sent to ottawa in first place I shouldve had the decision made months ago,,,

i will post my details once i received my passport back with the COPR(hopefully next week)

stephcy

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 07.03.2016 - no passport request
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 14.03.2016
LANDED..........
19-03-2016
robyn129 said:

You can check your address and update it through your Ecas....

robyn129

Sep 29, 2014
Dunedin, NZ
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
stephcy said:
You can check your address and update it through your Ecas....
Yes, I have already done that and it shows my Canadian address correctly (I am the sponsor).

However, when I received my case notes that I requested a couple of days ago, it looked like they had failed to update my spouse's address, so they may have him as still living in NZ despite the fact that I have tried to update his address twice. For some reason, I cannot login to Ecas using his information, so I'm not sure how to check it.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
robyn129 said:

Keep calling, if you call 10 agents, you will get 10 different responses. Called this morning supposedly its an approval but no letter has been sent out yet, but shows DM on ECAS. I would tell the agent, I see decision made online and wanted to confirm the address so the COPR is mailed to the right location.

robyn129

Sep 29, 2014
Dunedin, NZ
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
jamsham12 said:
Keep calling, if you call 10 agents, you will get 10 different responses. Called this morning supposedly its an approval but no letter has been sent out yet, but shows DM on ECAS. I would tell the agent, I see decision made online and wanted to confirm the address so the COPR is mailed to the right location.
Thanks for the encouraging words :) After today's grumpy conversation ruined my morning, I think I will wait a few more days before trying again.

And I did tell him that it said 'Decision Made' online and that is why I wanted to confirm the address - exactly the same strategy as you suggest. Sometimes logic doesn't get you very far with CIC though...even after I explained that to him twice, he kept asking, "So you are asking about your application status before the 26-month mark is up?" After which I would take yet another deep breath and explain yet again that I was not asking about my application status since I already knew what it was - just trying to confirm that our address was correct..... <SIGH>

sobia

Sep 24, 2014
Hello

we received email asking to send my husband passport.
wanted to know how soon after sending does CIC send back with the PR Visa?we have send it through fedex express Prepaid

Thank you

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
sobia said:
Hello

we received email asking to send my husband passport.
wanted to know how soon after sending does CIC send back with the PR Visa?we have send it through fedex express Prepaid

Thank you
lots of people getting passport request ,that is good,,

ive read here that it takes usually two weeks,,i guess you live in usa since you used fedex,,,

the wait is over now so,just smile,,max 1 month you will get your passport back stamped ..

Szymon

Aug 15, 2014
Hi all,

Update for the spreadsheets – decision made on 30th October 2015, noticed on ECAS on the 2nd November. Received an email advising visa is ready for issuance and asking for photocopy of passport, updated information sheet and 2 photos. Sent that off and now patiently waiting for the COPR to arrive so I know the deadline by which I have to land!

We are in London, UK and originally applied through London but were being processed in Ottawa, so my guess would be they asked for the photos as they either lost the ones I originally sent or they couldn’t be bothered sending them to London from Ottawa.

Slight concern is my medical expired on the 8/9th October and I was not asked for a new one or advised that it would be renewed. All this means is I have no idea what date my COPR will be valid too. What are other people’s experiences with this?

We also had a couple of information requests which probably delayed us by a month or so. We got married in June and duly advised the visa office and sent an electronic copy of the marriage certificate. We received an email a couple of months later from Ottawa saying that it appears we got married and could we please send them the marriage certificate. Resent the marriage certificate and then received another email saying they could not open the file and could we resend. This was early/mid October at which point we sent the original by courier and about 10 electronic copies. Ordered notes around the same time which showed a date for our application to be revisited of 31st October 2015. Pretty much bang on that date we had DM so they finally seem to have got it!

So excited to hopefully be near the end of this process. Will let you know when COPR arrives and good luck to all those still waiting!

prairiegirl22

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (via UK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 27-08-15, COPR: 20-11-15
Hi all,

Our case has been SO frustrating. There has been no rhyme or reason to why it has taken so long. ECAS changed to DM on August 28th (315 days or so from applying) and the line on our status was "we've sent you correspondence on Aug 28...blah blah". Not line about Decision Made yet.

in the meantime my partner moved to Canada (from London, we are Uk applicants) so we updated his address to Toronto. MP checked on our behalf as to why we hadn't receive the correspondence a few weeks in. (never showed up to either UK or CA address) Between the MP and our own calls to the centre, we re-requested 3 times.

74 days after August 28th - we RECEIVED AN EMAIL. It was the standard request for 2 photos, a photocopy of his whole passport and 2 prepaid envelopes. So 75 days and $50 more dollar later, everything is in again to Ottawa. I'm livid they could not figure out how to send that email on August 28th.

So we are approaching 13 months since applying. May you all have better luck with the person handling your file.