14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2015 (Decision Made 25-11-2015)
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
jamsham12 said:
Just called the CIC call center thankfully got a really chill helpful agent who told me I have been approved for P.R. To those still waiting, there is light at the end of the tunnel, but wow what a journey it has been the support of the people on this forum has definitely made the process a little bit easier. To the ones waiting I wish you luck and hope the DM will come soon and once again thank you to everyone in this forum that has helped me along this brutal process. ;D
Woohoo! Onto chillier pastures! :p

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
fiona2009 said:
I logged in to see if there was any movement this morning and a 4th line was added.

Has anyone had a similar line?
- I received a few emails for intent & proof of payment.
- I also have sent them a change of address & proof of updated passport last month
- We are still waiting on our notes requested a few weeks ago.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 20, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on March 27, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

4. We sent you correspondence on October 27, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Any news yet on your part? My husband just received a correspondence of the same information today and I already sent what they were asking last September... I’m quite curious, did you guys send an email again or are you just waiting for the response? Should I resend them the information they are asking though?

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
jamsham12 said:
Yea it's been a long journey so many up and downs hope you get DM soon. 8)

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU JAMSHAM!!!I have a quick question for you, did you actually respond to the request that they have given you? Cause I really don’t know what to do, should I just wait for another correspondence email from them or? I am so confused...

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
CharisseyB said:
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU JAMSHAM!!!I have a quick question for you, did you actually respond to the request that they have given you? Cause I really don’t know what to do, should I just wait for another correspondence email from them or? I am so confused...
I shot them an email of what they requested, in my particular case they were asking for my partner's T4 or notice of assessment for proof of residency even though we supplied the notice of assessment with the original application. I would send them an email with the requested documents. Within a week of submitting the docs I saw decision made on ECAS.

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
jamsham12 said:
I shot them an email of what they requested, in my particular case they were asking for my partner's T4 or notice of assessment for proof of residency even though we supplied the notice of assessment with the original application. I would send them an email with the requested documents. Within a week of submitting the docs I saw decision made on ECAS.

Oh I see, so there was a specific information they were asking... this is weird cause I have already given this to them when I sent the application and back in October actually... I find this repetitive hmmm...

fiona2009

Sep 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 20th 2015
AOR Received.
March 17th 2015
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
December 5th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: Nov 21st 2015
CharisseyB said:
Any news yet on your part? My husband just received a correspondence of the same information today and I already sent what they were asking last September... I’m quite curious, did you guys send an email again or are you just waiting for the response? Should I resend them the information they are asking though?
We received an email yesterday, asking for a copy of my husbands new passport, I'm assuming that is the correspondence CIC were referring to. I replied to the email with a scanned copy. and asked them to update our address.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
CharisseyB said:
Oh I see, so there was a specific information they were asking... this is weird cause I have already given this to them when I sent the application and back in October actually... I find this repetitive hmmm...
That document request seemed specific as I had emailed Ottawa and a visa officer responded saying they looked at the file and the document was missing, I believe at the time they had completed the security and criminal checks and needed the t4 to complete the eligibility portion which is why I am assuming DM happened so quick. I was also forwarded batch doc request in August and September but the notes state they hadn't even looked at the file until probably October, it seems once they look at the file and there are no red flags DM happens in a couple weeks if not earlier most of the time the file is collecting dust lol. What documents are they requesting ?

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
I'm glad we sent a copy of my sponsor's T4 in response to the original batch doc request I got in September... :D

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
jamsham12 said:
That document request seemed specific as I had emailed Ottawa and a visa officer responded saying they looked at the file and the document was missing, I believe at the time they had completed the security and criminal checks and needed the t4 to complete the eligibility portion which is why I am assuming DM happened so quick. I was also forwarded batch doc request in August and September but the notes state they hadn't even looked at the file until probably October, it seems once they look at the file and there are no red flags DM happens in a couple weeks if not earlier most of the time the file is collecting dust lol. What documents are they requesting ?

Well, they sent a letter to my husband the exact same email they sent back in September 22 ( sponsor’s Intent to reside, police clearance,medical certificate and such). Now I don’t know if we are back to square one. I asked them if there was anything missing in my file and they told me no, and now, they sent him a letter last week October 26 of the request. I responded anyways but they haven’t emailed back yet. sigh.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
Anyone get DM recently and Ecas doesn't have line it where it says we sent out correspondence relating to a decision on ur application still don't see that on my ECAS.

stephcy

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 07.03.2016 - no passport request
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 14.03.2016
LANDED..........
19-03-2016
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you may help me. Is this the thread for Ottawa visa office?
We submitted an outland sporshorship application and we just received the sponsorship approval today :) That was the great news,
until we say that our file was transferred to Ottawa and not to Rome.. I'm not from the US, supposedly my visa office should be ROME. I called CIC and they told me that as I'm a visitor in Canada my visa office is Ottawa. My partner called later and they told him to email Ottawa to ask them why our file was transferred there.... Are there any other cases like that?

I'm very worried, but I'm trying to stay calm....

Is there a spreadsheet for Ottawa?
How long is the processing time for Ottawa? CIC website shows 17 months...

Thank you & good luck everyone :)

Lynx88

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
File Transfer...
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
stephcy said:
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you may help me. Is this the thread for Ottawa visa office?
We submitted an outland sporshorship application and we just received the sponsorship approval today :) That was the great news,
until we say that our file was transferred to Ottawa and not to Rome.. I'm not from the US, supposedly my visa office should be ROME. I called CIC and they told me that as I'm a visitor in Canada my visa office is Ottawa. My partner called later and they told him to email Ottawa to ask them why our file was transferred there.... Are there any other cases like that?

I'm very worried, but I'm trying to stay calm....

Is there a spreadsheet for Ottawa?
How long is the processing time for Ottawa? CIC website shows 17 months...

Thank you & good luck everyone :)
Geia sou Stefcy,

Ottawa has been processing mostly US applicants, but there have been cases of people who had been expecting their applications to be processed through other VO's such us London, Sydney and Vienna but were sent to Ottawa instead.

I must be the only applicant in this forum whose case is similar to yours. I applied in Nov 2014 when applicants were still able to choose the VO where they would like their application to be processed (Rome in my case). However, by the end of November they had removed that specific field from the form and Mississauga began to forward files to VO's based on criteria such as nationality or residency. So you must have been forwarded to Ottawa based on residency although you are just a visitor in Canada. In my case, I have been living near my whole life in Greece but I believe I was forwarded based on nationality since I applied as a British citizen (born in England), which is something common for Brits.

Processing time has gone quite bad for our case, It's been almost a year and don’t know how much more it will take; but to be fair I would say most cases are completed within 10 months (total).

You could give it a try by sending an email to Ottawa.

You can find Ottawa VO spreadsheet by clicking on this link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18NpCwiqXpOUdH3hN-f4J2gJ7T_-B97WoK3vlQMNKjAM/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Hope everything goes well.

stephcy

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 07.03.2016 - no passport request
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 14.03.2016
LANDED..........
19-03-2016
Geia sou Lynx88 :)

I have to say you made me feel so much better. I was so stressed that's there is something wrong... I didn't email Ottawa, we will see what they will reply. Is good to know there is someone going through the same process.

Hope everything goes well with you too and you get some good news soon :)

robyn129

Sep 29, 2014
Dunedin, NZ
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (applied to Sydney)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
jamsham12 said:
Anyone get DM recently and Ecas doesn't have line it where it says we sent out correspondence relating to a decision on ur application still don't see that on my ECAS.
Yes, that would be us... still waiting (not so patiently...) to hear something from them in the post or by email. Nothing yet. Will let you know if we receive anything.

We haven't phoned the call centre yet, as we figured we have already been waiting since December, so what's another week or two?!? ha ha Probably flawed logic, but we just hate this whole process so much that sometimes we like to pretend it isn't even happening, even as our bank account slowly but surely drains away....

This is our second shot at immigration - last attempt was 10+ years ago from within Canada, but my husband's Grandfather got sick, so we decided to cancel our application so he could cross the border to go visit him before he passed away. Then we were so sick of the whole immigration thing that we decided to move to New Zealand - imagine our shock when they emailed us the actual name and email address of an immigration officer who we could email with questions at any time!!!!! :)

Anyways, hope you hear something soon. We feel your pain.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
robyn129 said:
Yes, that would be us... still waiting (not so patiently...) to hear something from them in the post or by email. Nothing yet. Will let you know if we receive anything.

We haven't phoned the call centre yet, as we figured we have already been waiting since December, so what's another week or two?!? ha ha Probably flawed logic, but we just hate this whole process so much that sometimes we like to pretend it isn't even happening, even as our bank account slowly but surely drains away....

This is our second shot at immigration - last attempt was 10+ years ago from within Canada, but my husband's Grandfather got sick, so we decided to cancel our application so he could cross the border to go visit him before he passed away. Then we were so sick of the whole immigration thing that we decided to move to New Zealand - imagine our shock when they emailed us the actual name and email address of an immigration officer who we could email with questions at any time!!!!! :)

Anyways, hope you hear something soon. We feel your pain.

Yea the wait is unbearable when did your Ecas change to Decision Made