File Transfer...
18-03-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Hello, I am currently sponsoring my wife to Canada (OUTLAND through OTTAWA) and have a quick questions regarding an e-mail I received today. The e-mail is requesting proof of my Proof of Residence/Intent to Reside.

E-mail reads as follows :

Proof of Residence/Intent to Reside

We wish to ask you at this time to provide proof that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, banking history, employment letters, lease agreements, etc. Driver's licences, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient.

I have a bunch of proof that I reside in Canada (Lease, T4 slips, pay stubs, employment letter, banking history), now my question how to I submit all this? Is it via E-MAIL or do I have to mail them out copies/originals? Also what is the e-mail address I have to send it to if it is via e-mail or what is the fastest way for them to receive my proof. If anyone has had to do this please let me know, would be a great help and really appreciated.

My wife's sponsorship time line is as follows :

We sent out application at the end of December

e-CAS reads as of today :

1.We received your application for permanent residence on January 2, 2015.
2.Medical results have been received.

I was approved as a sponsor on March 13, 2015 via e-mail and letter ( E-mail was received that had UCI and App#)

On July 27, 2015 Ottawa asked for RPRF Request which we did immediately.

Now today (July 30, 2015) they asked for Proof of Residence/Intent to Reside.

So if someone could help me out it would be really great! (Also if anyone know how far down the line we are from getting our DM :D :D)

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@UA-Forever, I've now seen three posts from late 2014/early 2015 applicants with that same email. It seems odd that they would suddenly ask everyone for more proof of residence. I think you have to mail it but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Jaffamuzz

May 22, 2014
Auckland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Sydney, Aus)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th Oct 2014
AOR Received.
9th Dec 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 29th July 2015
LANDED..........
Soon!
UA-Forever said:
Hello, I am currently sponsoring my wife to Canada (OUTLAND through OTTAWA) and have a quick questions regarding an e-mail I received today. The e-mail is requesting proof of my Proof of Residence/Intent to Reside.

E-mail reads as follows :

Proof of Residence/Intent to Reside

We wish to ask you at this time to provide proof that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, banking history, employment letters, lease agreements, etc. Driver's licences, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient.

I have a bunch of proof that I reside in Canada (Lease, T4 slips, pay stubs, employment letter, banking history), now my question how to I submit all this? Is it via E-MAIL or do I have to mail them out copies/originals? Also what is the e-mail address I have to send it to if it is via e-mail or what is the fastest way for them to receive my proof. If anyone has had to do this please let me know, would be a great help and really appreciated.

My wife's sponsorship time line is as follows :

We sent out application at the end of December

e-CAS reads as of today :

1.We received your application for permanent residence on January 2, 2015.
2.Medical results have been received.

I was approved as a sponsor on March 13, 2015 via e-mail and letter ( E-mail was received that had UCI and App#)

So if someone could help me out it would be really great! (Also if anyone know how far down the line we are from getting our DM :D :D)
We had to send this type of proof too. We scanned and emailed it. They received it just fine, added it to our file and we got approved several weeks later. We sent mobile phone contract, kids enrolment with local doctor, import papers for our goods/cat etc and they accepted it all. We don't have jobs, payslips or anything else.

Send the evidence to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca & they'll add it to your file, then your file will be reviewed after a few weeks and you'll get an "in process' status or 'DM' shortly thereafter.

UA-Forever

Jul 30, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Doc's Request.
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-03-2015
File Transfer...
18-03-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
@Jaffamuzz

Thank you so much for the help !

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
Dear all

It is with great pleasure that I write to say I received an email from CIC requesting my passport. We are very happy!

Best luck to others, I am sure you will hear soon from CIC!! :)

jimmyche

May 7, 2015
UA-Forever said:

We are also asked for Proof of Residence and RPRF today (July 30, 2015) - Application submitted Feb 2th, SA Apr 30th.
What's weird is that I have already included, in my humble opinion, enough proof of residence.
I have drafted the below response and gathered some additional evidence. It's appreciated if some one can comment on it.

Regards,

Hello, we've received the below email from CPC Ottawa on July 30th requesting for the following:
a. Proof of Residence/Intent to Reside – Sponsor
b. RPRF
Regarding proof of residence, being the sponsor, Jimmy has been residing in Vancouver BC Canada since March 23th, 1993. On the original application, we have submitted the below supporting documents/evidence listed in table of content A. See below. Further to the documents initially included, you can find attached in the email additional supporting document that could assist in validating Jimmy's residence status. Please see further below Table of content B – Additional supporting document/evidence. Please kindly confirm if this fulfills the requirement or if a physical copy is required.
As of RPRF, we will get this prepared ASAP.
Sincerely,

TABLE OF CONTENT A– SUPPORTING DOCUMENT/ EVIDENCE
1. Company Benefit Statement and profile
2. Bank Statement showing Joint Account and address
3. 2013 Tax Return Summary showing each other as spouse and address
4. Email communication between Jimmy and his proposal planner.
5. Certificate of appraisal for engagement ring with Lili and Jimmy's name.
6. Text message communication from 2012-Nov-11 to 2014-Sept-22, missing 2013-July to 2013-Oct due to cell phone malfunction and replacement.
7. Jimmy's cellular phone log: 2012 Nov to 2014 Sept
8. Lili's cellular phone log: 2012 Nov to 2014-Jan, Lili switch to Wind Mobile on 2014- Jan and Wind Mobile does not provide printable phone log for their Client.
9. Emails – Communication to various people regarding Jimmy and Lili's relationship.
10. Facebook webpage – Various face page regarding Jimmy and Lili's relationship together with comments by friends and Family.
11. Letter from Health Insurance BC indicating Jimmy and Lili is under one single joint MSP account
12. Dentist appointment checklist showing Jimmy and Lili under a single account.
13. Company Letter indicating Company's recognition of Lili Zhou being Jimmy's Common law spouse and Lili's entitlement to Jimmy's company Benefit.

TABLE OF CONTENT B– ADDITIONAL SUPPORTING DOCUMENT/ EVIDENCE
A. Jimmy's 2014 T4 1
B. Jimmy's 2014 T4 2
C. Minute of Council meeting with Jimmy's attendance noted.
Note: Jimmy is the president of the strata council
D. Jimmy's Notice of Assessment 2014
E. Mortgage Renewal Agreement
F. Property Tax Statement
G. Housing statement of adjustment
H. Jimmy's RRSP statement
I. Internet Bill
J. ICBC Accident resolution notice
K. First home RRSP letter
L. Cellphone bill – Jimmy and Lili
M. Jimmy's America Express statement showing regular usage though out the month of July

UA-Forever

Jul 30, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Doc's Request.
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-03-2015
File Transfer...
18-03-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Hello again, last night I sent Ottawa my proof that I reside in Canada and this morning I got this sent to me

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are unable to respond to your request as it does not contain sufficient information. Please consult our website for instructions on what information should be included in your correspondence with us.

Instructions:
•We will only answer questions sent in one of the official languages – English or French.
•Make sure that you include your name, file number, date of birth and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) to help us identify your application.
•Do not send repeat enquiries; this includes sending the same enquiry by multiple means, as it creates confusion and can delay our reply.

In my e-mail I attached all files with my proof and in the e-mail body I wrote exactly what they asked for, the name of my wife, her file number, her D.O.B and UCI so I am a little confused on what I should be sending

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
UA-Forever said:
In my e-mail I attached all files with my proof and in the e-mail body I wrote exactly what they asked for, the name of my wife, her file number, her D.O.B and UCI so I am a little confused on what I should be sending
Those times I needed to e-mail CPC-Ottawa, I always included identity information at the very beginning of the e-mail, before the text of the request. My front-matter read:

[quote author=Me]
This e-mail is in relation to an application for permanent residence in the family class currently being processed by CPC-Ottawa. This application is under the "sponsored spouse and partner" category, and I am the principal applicant/sponsored person.

Sponsor's Name: <omitted>
Sponsor's Date of Birth: <omitted>
Sponsor's UCI: <omitted>
Application Number: <omitted>

Sponsored Person: <omitted>
Sponsored Person's Date of Birth: <omitted>
Sponsored Person's UCI: <omitted>

Address in Canada: <omitted>
Phone number (cell): <omitted>
Phone number (home): <omitted>[/quote]

There was only one address on my file, as my sponsor and I lived together in Canada for the duration of my application so we had no separate home/mailing addresses.

After this, I proceeded with my request. (One was sent to attach the CSQ to my file, another was to inquire about whether my COPR had been mailed.)

A brief thank-you note in relation to my COPR-mailing request also earned a response, although it may have been helped by being a reply to earlier correspondence. In that case I did not include the full identification matters, only:

(For associating this correspondence with my application -- application number F<...>, applicant UCI <...>)

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
Where do you send the Right of Permanent Residence Fee payment to? I just paid it today. Thanks.

UA-Forever

Jul 30, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Doc's Request.
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-03-2015
File Transfer...
18-03-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
@Majromax, thanks for the format, I resent the e-mail and made it much clearer and double checked all information. I also called the CIC and the lady over the phone helped figure it out too.

@jamsham12, check your inbox I PM'd you the information you are looking for. Also the CIC told me they received the payment for RPRF and it was already on our file, that happened with-in a day after e-mailing it in.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
I dont need to send a physical copy of the receipt to either OTTAWA or MISSISSAUGA?

UA-Forever

Jul 30, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Doc's Request.
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-03-2015
File Transfer...
18-03-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
No I just sent them an e-mail and that was that. It was confirmed over the phone with CIC that he payment was processed and in my wife's file.

Ontariobat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
[In Process: 03-07-2015 ; Decision Made: 14-07-2015 ; CoPR received 20-07-2015]
LANDED..........
28-07-2015! :) Lewiston, NY
For those asking about sending in documents, one of my previous requests for information finished with this:

"With the exception of Police Certificates and Passport Photos, please submit all other requested documents as scanned attachments and send to the following e-mail address:

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Please note that documents exceeding 5MB in size must be sent via mail to our address at:

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (CPC-O)

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

219 Laurier Avenue West

7th Floor, Section B

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada"

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm glad to know that!!

We just had a request for additional documents in the form of a notarized declaration and photocopy of a Drivers License. They are coming from Florida, so the person sent us the completed scans as copies. We decided as the notarized form wasn't embossed, just stamped, that we would take the chance of emailing them back to that email address you noted. We included the message that the originals would follow by courier, but I'm hoping that is enough to keep them working on his file.

It's so hard to explain to a child that why it's taking so long for him to be officially with his dad.

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
I am sweating the small stuff, but can anyone advise if I should upload my proof of sponsor's residence as individual attachments or combine it to one PDF? I am providing like 15 additional documents and it seems like a lot to attach individually, but I also don't know if they're looking for it all combined. Thanks all :p