waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Yaak said:
The consensus on the forum seems to be that, in the past, this document was very rarely requested. The instructions certainly do not require it. Consequently, I was rather surprised to see the request for the IMM5409.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with Condition 51 status. If they are considering approving PR for a common-law couple without applying Condition 51 (we've been together for over 5 years) they may want the extra documentation. It's just an educated guess, but the forums seem to reflect an increased interest in getting this form from common-law applicants.
Maybe. We applied exactly the day on which we became common-law and weren't asked for the form. We knew I would get condition 51 for sure.

jjoon

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Toronto & San Francisco
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 04-05, Deliv 09-05-2014
AOR Received.
xx-xx-2014
File Transfer...
xx-xx-2014
Med's Done....
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
xx-xx-2014 not sure, the COPR caught me by surprise!
FYI all - I just got my CPR last week, just 2.5 months after sending in application... there's hope! funny thing is I hadn't heard anything, not by email or mail, until now.

(I am US Outland, spousal sponsorship, btw)
Added this to Ottawa spreadsheet but thought I'd post a quick update too, to encourage anyone who applied but is not getting word of progress...

also to show their processing times seem to have speeded up a bit lately (several of the people on the May 2014 outland thread are "decision made" and one other person besides me already has CPR)

Kasbal

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/03/2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014 SA (14-05-2014)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28/02/2014
Hi y'all,

I was wondering if someone knows the phone number of CPC-Ottawa.

Thanks

jjoon

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Toronto & San Francisco
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 04-05, Deliv 09-05-2014
AOR Received.
xx-xx-2014
File Transfer...
xx-xx-2014
Med's Done....
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
xx-xx-2014 not sure, the COPR caught me by surprise!
Kasbal said:
Hi y'all,

I was wondering if someone knows the phone number of CPC-Ottawa.

Thanks
Hi actually I have a piece of paper sitting next to me with that info, so here it is!

I've never tried it but I read (somewhere on this forum) the trick to calling is:
Dial their #: 888-242-2100 then hit 6 1's and a 0 to speed through the menu and connect to an agent
hmmm now looking closely i'm not sure is this is CPC ottawa or CIC generally, but it seems to be the # to call for any PR-related needs

(n. i also read you can't dial this # from outside Canada.)

Oh and if you're wanting to contact them to notify re change of status (births, pp details, mailing address, etc) they ask that you email Ottpilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca or FAX 1-613-946-6059

Hope that works!

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
msbigshot said:
Quick question; My husband mailed everything in last week (received Monday) but I asked him if he wrote the type of sponsorship on the envelope. I wrote down the address for him to mail it to with directions on what to do, he said the clerk at the counter just taped what I had written on the package and sent it. He told her it needed to say Family/Spouse Sponsorship on the package and she ignored him. So my question is, will this have an impact on our time? I'm assuming so because their unsure of what type of sponsorship it is...
The guide says to add that so I am assuming it is to make the process go quicker. They probably have departments and they send the applications to the departments they belong in depending on what is written on the envelope. They will have to open your application to figure out what type it is. I don't see how it would delay it more than just a few days. I mean if you did what I did. I placed a cover sheet on top of all my envelopes in the box. I wrote it was Spousal - as soon as they opened it they would see that.

Good luck!Keep us posted!

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
msbigshot said:
Quick question; My husband mailed everything in last week (received Monday) but I asked him if he wrote the type of sponsorship on the envelope. I wrote down the address for him to mail it to with directions on what to do, he said the clerk at the counter just taped what I had written on the package and sent it. He told her it needed to say Family/Spouse Sponsorship on the package and she ignored him. So my question is, will this have an impact on our time? I'm assuming so because their unsure of what type of sponsorship it is...
Not to put a negative on it but I've read a few instances lately of CIC sending back applications or getting confused if its not clear what application is being applied for. Hopefully you will get someone with a bit of common sense who will realise what category you are applying for. If the worst happens and it gets sent back remember to check that your forms are in date as I know they have updated some recently so you dont want to get it sent back twice.

Tootarsh14

Sep 8, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-24-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
Sept-6-2014
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hey everyone, new member here, I sent my application on July 24th and received my sponsorship approval on September 8th (today), I am very excited.

I have a question. I am sponsoring my american wife (u.s citizen since birth), I am a canadian since birth. Just wondering how quickly processing has been going roughly for people in my situation, or maybe a spreadsheet. I also wonder if my wife having student loans will have an impact in our sponsorship. If so I have funds to pay it off, but I just want to know sooner so I can deal with it before it's a problem. Thanks everyone in advance! I have been lurking for sometime and this site has been super helpful and comforting.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Tootarsh14 said:
Hey everyone, new member here, I sent my application on July 24th and received my sponsorship approval on September 8th (today), I am very excited.

I have a question. I am sponsoring my american wife (u.s citizen since birth), I am a canadian since birth. Just wondering how quickly processing has been going roughly for people in my situation, or maybe a spreadsheet. I also wonder if my wife having student loans will have an impact in our sponsorship. If so I have funds to pay it off, but I just want to know sooner so I can deal with it before it's a problem. Thanks everyone in advance! I have been lurking for sometime and this site has been super helpful and comforting.
I'm not sure if there's an Ottawa spreadsheet I expected my application to go to London but went to Ottawa instead so I've not been keeping an eye on this thread maybe someone else would know. I presume you were applying outland? From my knowledge I don't think her loans should have any effect on the application as you will be financially responsible for your wife once you get the PR. There is no financial requirement but you need to evidence how you would support her in your application so as long as you've done that you should be fine.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Tootarsh14 said:

Ottawa spreadsheet link is in my signature :)

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
The spreadsheet can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq6VF-LGjkR9dGNpLUxQZ1Z0Mm80aE5ZWDBvWklEQUE#gid=0

For the most part, processing is going fairly quickly for outland Canadian/US applicants. Mine was about 7 months total, but there have been a few that have been as quick as 3 months total.

As far as I know, your wife's student loans shouldn't matter. My husband has student loans and we didn't say anything about them, I've been paying for them since he hasn't been working.

Tootarsh14

Sep 8, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-24-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
Sept-6-2014
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Thanks for the help everyone. I have a minor question. How do I update my profile to show the dates when my sponsorship was approved etc like everyone else? Sorry I am just not very good with these forums

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
brucem said:
Not to put a negative on it but I've read a few instances lately of CIC sending back applications or getting confused if its not clear what application is being applied for. Hopefully you will get someone with a bit of common sense who will realise what category you are applying for. If the worst happens and it gets sent back remember to check that your forms are in date as I know they have updated some recently so you dont want to get it sent back twice.
Thanks... I'm just worried they'll think we are incompetent which is not the case. It's only been two weeks since we sent it in, so hoping for the best!
Another question is, my husband has just put his two weeks notice in at his current employer. He was offered a significantly better job somewhere else. How do I notify CIC of this? I know there is a link somewhere on their website but does this fall into that category? Any help is greatly appreciated.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
hi all!!!!

i know it's been a while since i posted. i successfully landed on August 29th, we went to Montebello, QC to celebrate our first anniversary, and my husband took last week off.

anyway, the landing was easy, as this forum said it would be. My border of choice is Lansdowne, ON which borders Watertown, NY and is less than 2 hours from Ottawa. I was nervous about th experience, so my husband met me in watertown, and i followed him up to the border.

Pretty much the same as everyone else, except it took longer than the norm. When we first got in there, we waited while some guy was getting "banned for life" because of a criminal offense. the officer that helped me kept getting distracted and helped another officer do something before finishing up with me. she was quite lovely, and it was relaxed. I have a feeling it was their down time since it was 6pm on the friday of labor day. she saw my COPR, went to her computer for a minute, came back and went over the document with me. asked me the questions on the document where i wrote my answers and initialed, i signed and she signed. She expressed she didn't understand why they even bother asking those questions, because the COPR pretty much cancels any previous issues out. my husband was there and she explained the condition 51 to both of us, we joked about it. she confirmed my address, went back to her office, typed it all up, came back out with the form stapled to my passport, told me i should get my PR card in 4-6 weeks, then explained how to get a SIN# and sign up for OHIP. I confirmed she stamed/signed the passport, and she sent me over to the other window for declaring my goods. The guy was nice too. Another delay because the copier was broken, and luckily i filled out 2 copies of the forms, so i went out to my car to get them, and we used them. I signed all copies of the forms, totaled up the values, and he confirmed (3 times) that i had everything on my list with me. i thought it was weird that he asked me 3 times, though it may be one of their "things" to make sure they get the right answer. Lesson learned: total up your values BEFORE you get to the import window. I did not do this, and i ended up having to do it on the spot. not a big deal, just caused a delay. anyway, he gave me a receipt and attached it to my form. he then went over what i'll need to do it import my car and where i can do it at that border. he said it was a prety simple process, and wasn't concerned it was on my goods to follow form. My husband snapped some pics, and we were off. total time took maybe 45 min -1 hour.

since landing, i've signed up for a sin#, and have visited the local immigrant service organization. i have another appointment today to talk to a job counselor. my main goal is to get a job and start making an income. next up is to get proof of address so i can take the language assessment, sign up for free french classes (and ohip), start volunteering, networking and finish unpacking. busy busy...

i'll be around some, just obviously not as much since my life is no longer in limbo, and it's imperative i start working ASAP. good luck to all those still waiting. my advice is to let go of the process until you hear from CIC. obsessing over the process will not make it go quickly, nor will reading sad and frustrated stories about applications that are not your own. letting go of control and the need "to know", and believing in a successful outcome will!

If anyone is landing/planning to land in Ottawa, send me a PM or find me on the FB group "Forum Friends". Wishing everyone successful processes, and a continuation of the speedy process for Ottawa applicants!

See you around. :)

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
woo hoo congrats!

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
If anyone is landing/planning to land in Ottawa, send me a PM or find me on the FB group "Forum Friends". Wishing everyone successful processes, and a continuation of the speedy process for Ottawa applicants!

See you around. :)

[/quote]Wow, congratulations and thanks a lot for writing us your detailed "landing story". :) :) We were all missing your absence but had an idea that you must be busy. On behalf of the forum, I wish you good luck in your future endeavors.