waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2014
LANDED..........
07-06-2014
OMG! OMG! OMG!

It looks like there has been some movement on my application! I just got an email from my lawyer stating that CIC is asking for the permanent residence fee, which pretty much means that they are getting ready to issue his visa.

I paid the fees and submitted the receipt with the application, so there seems to be some sort of error here, but at least there is some movement. My lawyer will have to look into why they are requesting fees that I already provided a receipt for.

sangela

Sep 16, 2013
PeterDTown said:
Our application was received August 8, 2013 and we just got the email today asking for copies of a few documents and they don't expect an interview will be necessary. I'm so excited to comfort see some progress being made!!
Congrats! My husband's application was also sent in on 8/8 and we received an email today (2/24) waiving an interview and requesting a copy of his passport. We are so happy!!!! Hoping for a speedy process for the rest of Aug applicants ;D

Canuckluvus

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-12-2013
My wife got her PR card in the mail on Friday past. So she got the lard a shade over 2 months after landing!! We are ecstatic!

Securitron

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Did my landing this past Saturday. Took maybe 30 minutes. Applied for my SIN today. Will have to wait till I move to apply for my health card. Hope everyone else's applications go as smoothly as mine.

ExiledCanadian

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
24-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
OMG OMG OMG!!!! We received our passport request today too! So excited!

Looks like they are rushing through the August applications.

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
So happy for you guys. I'm a June applicant. There's no update on my status yet, still shows "medical result has been received." And this has been 2 months now. Can't wait for news!

PhBee

Aug 26, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
File Transfer...
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2014
Received our PPR today too!

Well, that and I (sponsor) also have to send Option C (again?!) and proof that I live in Canada (no problems there). They didn't mention anything about the interview though; either one being scheduled, or it being waved. That's weird...should we be worried?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
PhBee said:
Received our PPR today too!

Well, that and I (sponsor) also have to send Option C (again?!) and proof that I live in Canada (no problems there). They didn't mention anything about the interview though; either one being scheduled, or it being waved. That's weird...should we be worried?
Congrats!

If they didn't mention an interview, most likely one is not needed. They rarely request an interview for US-CDN couples unless there are some serious red flags. And if there was, most likely your case would have been transferred to LA or NY. So I'd relax and look forward to the light at the end of the tunnel!

washingtongirl

Mar 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 11, 2013
AOR Received.
May 17, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 26, 2013
OKLandman said:
That's not necessarily true. I came to Canada in September. I was driving my vehicle and when I crossed they asked me how long I was staying. I told them "I am not sure, I believe I can stay 6 months as a visitor but here is my Perm Residency paper work. I am planning on living here with my Canadian wife whom just moved back after 10 years in the states. She has a job , here is her employment paper work. I have saved enough money to last me well over 6 months with her not working. I would like to stay as long as you would allow me to."

They were very friendly and told me you can't work unless you get an LMO. You are free to look for a job but until you you get a work permit or your PR you can not work. I told them I understood and let them know my wife and I are doing this the right way , as referenced by my paperwork. I just don't want to be away from my spouse. They ended up giving me a Visitors Permit which allowed me to stay up to a year and let me get Canadian Healthcare. They also said if a decision isn't made on my PR by June that I should re apply for a Visitors Permit so I would have implied status until a decision is made on my PR.
Thank you OKLandman! I am going up to visit this weekend and plan on asking to speak to an immigration officer, to see what they say. I feel like the answers are always different depending on who you talk to.

PhBee

Aug 26, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
File Transfer...
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2014
keesio said:
Congrats!

If they didn't mention an interview, most likely one is not needed. They rarely request an interview for US-CDN couples unless there are some serious red flags. And if there was, most likely your case would have been transferred to LA or NY. So I'd relax and look forward to the light at the end of the tunnel!
Thanks!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If they didn't say anything, probably not an issue. So...we're getting closer! YAY! ;D

geofb

Feb 24, 2014
This is my first time posting but I'd like to post some info just for the sake of everyone else here. My wife and I married in December 2012 and we sent out paperwork in March of 2013. She lives in Montreal so we have the whole Quebec addition to stuff that needed to be done, which to be fair was nothing compared to the national paperwork. That's understandable. Either way, they got our info back in March and I had my passport request, with the Quebec authorization/ok and a copy of my wife's earnings. My wife was working but also finishing up her law degree when we married so in the process of the paperwork income might have been a flag for us (thus the request). I myself work for an engineering/structural company here so I wasn't making that bad of money either if that was what they were worrying about I suppose. Long and the short of it is, that I saw on this past Saturday (2/22/14) that we had moved from Info received to to Decision made on the CIC website. We had the passport photo request and everything else back in late October and are looking at a early April arrival. So for those of you still waiting keep your heads up and I hope it happens for all of you soon enough. I also need to thank everyone on this forum just for being here as I don't know where I'd even look for help in this situation if it wasn't for you all.

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
When people mention the terms "red flags", what does it mean? And how do you check if there's any red flags?

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
dozel said:
When people mention the terms "red flags", what does it mean? And how do you check if there's any red flags?
Red flags are things that are on record that would cause concern. If you have any negative info on your FBI report, or if you have any record of previous violent behavior or a recklessness which is an endangerment to society, those are red flags. If you've previously had trouble crossing the border and were denied entry, this could possibly be a red flag depending on the reason for the refusal. Was it because you were trying to smuggle something into the country that is on the list, such as guns and ammunition or controlled substances that are on the list of "do not bring"? Things like that. Have you a record of abuse with previous spouses/lovers? That could put up a red flag. Try to be as thorough as you can about explaining anything that could make anyone who doesn't know you understand the things that may have gone wrong in your past. If it has been several years since you were arrested for a drunken altercation, show the steps you went through to bring yourself into a better condition to prove that the current you is an upstanding citizen. Stuff like that.

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
geofb said:
This is my first time posting but I'd like to post some info just for the sake of everyone else here. My wife and I married in December 2012 and we sent out paperwork in March of 2013. She lives in Montreal so we have the whole Quebec addition to stuff that needed to be done, which to be fair was nothing compared to the national paperwork. That's understandable. Either way, they got our info back in March and I had my passport request, with the Quebec authorization/ok and a copy of my wife's earnings. My wife was working but also finishing up her law degree when we married so in the process of the paperwork income might have been a flag for us (thus the request). I myself work for an engineering/structural company here so I wasn't making that bad of money either if that was what they were worrying about I suppose. Long and the short of it is, that I saw on this past Saturday (2/22/14) that we had moved from Info received to to Decision made on the CIC website. We had the passport photo request and everything else back in late October and are looking at a early April arrival. So for those of you still waiting keep your heads up and I hope it happens for all of you soon enough. I also need to thank everyone on this forum just for being here as I don't know where I'd even look for help in this situation if it wasn't for you all.
Congratulations on "Decision Made" and Happy Landing!!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
NicAnn said:
Red flags are things that are on record that would cause concern. If you have any negative info on your FBI report, or if you have any record of previous violent behavior or a recklessness which is an endangerment to society, those are red flags. If you've previously had trouble crossing the border and were denied entry, this could possibly be a red flag depending on the reason for the refusal. Was it because you were trying to smuggle something into the country that is on the list, such as guns and ammunition or controlled substances that are on the list of "do not bring"? Things like that. Have you a record of abuse with previous spouses/lovers? That could put up a red flag. Try to be as thorough as you can about explaining anything that could make anyone who doesn't know you understand the things that may have gone wrong in your past. If it has been several years since you were arrested for a drunken altercation, show the steps you went through to bring yourself into a better condition to prove that the current you is an upstanding citizen. Stuff like that.
Yup NicAnn mentioned some serious negative issues that are red flags.

But note that also some things that you might not perceive as a big deal may be a "red flag" to CIC. Like large age differences between the couple (like 20+ years). Or the applicant (or sponsor) never meeting his/her in-laws at all. Or the lack of a wedding ceremony. Or getting married very quickly after first meeting. I should mention that US-Canadian couples get the most leeway in a lot of these "legitimate relationship" checks so while those would be a big red flag for other applicants (especially from non visa exempt nationals), it is less so for Americans.