Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
My ecas shows that it was last updated on 7th of october 2013 :( maybe they ve forgot my ecas lol i feel lost .

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Folks,

I don't know what is happening with Chala's file. Has it been misplaced or the COPR been lost in the transit ? He has been waiting for close to 4 months since the PPR. I see 99% of the cases been completed in 3 months since the PPR. What do we advise/ suggest this Gentleman ? Please add.

bye !

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
GeorgeJoseph said:
Folks,

I don't know what is happening with Chala's file. Has it been misplaced or the COPR been lost in the transit ? He has been waiting for close to 4 months since the PPR. I see 99% of the cases been completed in 3 months since the PPR. What do we advise/ suggest this Gentleman ? Please add.

bye !
What I suspect is that it just depends on the person (Visa Officer) who is handling your file. If for some reason they go on vacation or get sick, no doubt they put your file aside for 30 days or so. Perhaps then when they return they get waylaid catching up on any work backlog. This is just purely speculation on my part. I have emailed them asking to find out where I stand with the PR , but they will not reply unless you are over due the normal time frame ( which currently sits at 15 months for CPP Ottawa). So all we can do is wait it out I guess.

Chiqsherbet

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-March-2013
AOR Received.
13-April-2013 (Sponsor)
File Transfer...
22-April-2013
Med's Done....
25-March-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-October-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2014, got DM&CoPR on 27-02-2014
LANDED..........
03-March-2014
chala said:
What I suspect is that it just depends on the person (Visa Officer) who is handling your file. If for some reason they go on vacation or get sick, no doubt they put your file aside for 30 days or so. Perhaps then when they return they get waylaid catching up on any work backlog. This is just purely speculation on my part. I have emailed them asking to find out where I stand with the PR , but they will not reply unless you are over due the normal time frame ( which currently sits at 15 months for CPP Ottawa). So all we can do is wait it out I guess.
Hi all,

Like Chala's case, my Ecas still shows "application received" even though I got the PPR on early October 2013... ??? my case is even worse as it's been OVER 4 months now from the PPR. I don't know what's going on...

NickAnn, can you believe this!?!? LoL

If I must look for similarity between Chala and me, we are already in Canada. Otherwise, I don't know...

BTW, here is my recent story...

I went abroad last month with my husband (my sponsor) and when we returned to Canada, I had no problem to re-enter at the airport. The officer asked a few customs questions to my husband but nothing about me and he never gave me any question.

I just asked about my visitor record (valid until this August) there to make sure the valid term. I know a visitor record would be invalid if you left Canada, and then there is a chance to get only a passport stamp and be able to stay in the country for just 6-month (I'm from a visa-exempt country) even if you have the valid visitor record, so I asked him. He confirmed my visitor record is still valid and will be able to stay until August. He also said I could renew it at the airport though it's up to the CIC officers in a different room how long the new record will be, but there is more than a half-year by the expire date so we didn't do that. That's it.

We'll see... and I'll let you know if there is ANYTHING for my case for sure! ;D

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
Wow Chiqsherbet I find that incredible!!! I'm so thankful we got through because our PPR was close to yours and Chala's, I hope you both get the good news soon ;)

Canadavisa_Apr2013

Aug 27, 2013
NicAnn said:
Wow Chiqsherbet I find that incredible!!! I'm so thankful we got through because our PPR was close to yours and Chala's, I hope you both get the good news soon ;)
We received our PPR today - such a relief. Can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Can someone please update on the spreadsheet?

Thanks!

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
Canadavisa_Apr2013 said:
We received our PPR today - such a relief. Can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Can someone please update on the spreadsheet?

Thanks!
Congratulations! hopefully your CoPR won't take 3-4 months from now, like they seem to now (we were expecting about 1 more month from PPR; wrong!)

PeterDTown

Jan 2, 2013
Our application was received August 8, 2013 and we just got the email today asking for copies of a few documents and they don't expect an interview will be necessary. I'm so excited to comfort see some progress being made!!

Chiqsherbet

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-March-2013
AOR Received.
13-April-2013 (Sponsor)
File Transfer...
22-April-2013
Med's Done....
25-March-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-October-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2014, got DM&CoPR on 27-02-2014
LANDED..........
03-March-2014
NicAnn said:
Just keep our fingers crossed!! Congrats by the way, NicAnn!! So happy when I saw you got the CoPR and landed already :) Hope ours will come soon... lol

Canadavisa_Apr2013

Aug 27, 2013
NicAnn said:
Congratulations! hopefully your CoPR won't take 3-4 months from now, like they seem to now (we were expecting about 1 more month from PPR; wrong!)
Thanks NicAnn. Our situation is a bit different as my husband is not a US Citizen, hence the long PPR wait time.
We are just relieved to receive PPR. Will start worrying about COPR after we mail our passport, LOL!

Canadavisa_Apr2013

Aug 27, 2013
NicAnn said:
Here is the directions we got in the PPR email. Can someone please advise on passport mailing procedure? Thanks so much for your help.

If you have a mailing address in the United States:
To allow you to track your passports through the mail, we strongly recommend that you purchase a pre-paid shipping label from Canada Post and include it with your passports and a copy of this letter. Follow the link to purchase your shipping label:
http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp
If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or a pre-paid Canada Post shipping label, or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail.

washingtongirl

Mar 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 11, 2013
AOR Received.
May 17, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 26, 2013
Can anyone help me? I received PPR at the end of NOV and don't have COPR yet. I just found out that my work is going to be closing, instead of trying to find a new job here in Seattle, I would like to move up to BC to live with my husband until I receive COPR. I am not sure if I am able to do this. I applied Outland and don't want this to mess up my application. Does anyone know if I am able to do this? Will it have an affect on my application? Thank you!

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
Chiqsherbet said:
Just keep our fingers crossed!! Congrats by the way, NicAnn!! So happy when I saw you got the CoPR and landed already :) Hope ours will come soon... lol
It is interesting to note that some of us who received PPR around the same time have been waiting for 4 months or longer for COPR. Perhaps we have the same VO person working on our files .it's quite puzzling that there's such a big discrepancy in the wait times between PPR and COPR for various applicants in the CPP Ottawa group. We will keep you updated on here as well as soon as we get any news. Cheers.

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
washingtongirl said:
Can anyone help me? I received PPR at the end of NOV and don't have COPR yet. I just found out that my work is going to be closing, instead of trying to find a new job here in Seattle, I would like to move up to BC to live with my husband until I receive COPR. I am not sure if I am able to do this. I applied Outland and don't want this to mess up my application. Does anyone know if I am able to do this? Will it have an affect on my application? Thank you!
You can only enter Canada as a "visitor" so when you cross the border you can't say you are "moving" here or they may refuse entry. As you are visa except, you can stay for up to 6 months,during which time you cannot work or study here. However before the 6 months expire you ought to have your COPR by then. If not, you can extend your visit by online application and stay in Canada as a visitor, which is what many have done without any problems,

washingtongirl

Mar 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 11, 2013
AOR Received.
May 17, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 26, 2013
chala said:
You can only enter Canada as a "visitor" so when you cross the border you can't say you are "moving" here or they may refuse entry. As you are visa except, you can stay for up to 6 months,during which time you cannot work or study here. However before the 6 months expire you ought to have your COPR by then. If not, you can extend your visit by online application and stay in Canada as a visitor, which is what many have done without any problems,
Thanks Chala,

I'm really hoping you get your COPR soon! One more question, my husband lives on the Canadian side of the border, and my parents and family live on the american side of the border, they are only about 20 minutes away from each other. Do you know if I'll have problems going back and forth across the border?