+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hello Sea-Van & All,

I see that you guys contacted the Case Officer and got the response within 15 minutes. Is it that you mailed to the generic id - "OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca" or some other email id (email id of the specific officer working on your case) ? How did you manage to get his email id ? I am asking this question because, it has been more than 6 weeks since I had received the PPR. So, I had mailed to the id "OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca" last week monday, to check on the status. But, I haven't received any response at all. So, little worried.

Also, there was no acknowledgement from the CIC on the receipt of my email that I sent eight weeks back with the scanned copy of the passport and other supporting documents.

Kindly advise me sir. thank you so much.

bye.

Sea-Van said:
Hi timelady and washingtongirl, I live in WA State and received my COPR yesterday (2014/01/13). As I've indicated in previous posts, my status changed to DM sometime between 2014/01/07-2014/01/09. I took the advice of another poster and emailed our case officer; she replied in about 15 minutes saying I have been approved and that the COPR was mailed 2014/01/02. I was concerned about the impending expiry of my medical, which was completed back in late January 2013 however as computergeek rightly noted, there was no need for concern as my COPR indicates I have approximately 2 months to land (2014/03/19 to be exact). Going forward, my plan is to land, take care of a few details, then return to the US to tie of loose ends.
Also, washingtontongirl, in answer to your question about receiving an email notification - I didn't receive one and doubt you will either - however I based on my success doing so, I recommend you email your case officer and I expect you'll receive a reply with some additional details. I hope this is helpful.

washingtongirl

Mar 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 11, 2013
AOR Received.
May 17, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 26, 2013
Thanks Everyone! I was also wondering how to find out who your case officer is? I also just have a generic email. Thank you!

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
timelady said:
Great news! My COPR arrived yesterday! I'm so happy, and I hope this means there'll be more movement soon for the rest of you who are waiting.

Now we just have to plan a time to move me and my belongings up across the border--a whole new process to research!

Buffy2323, please update the spreadsheet for me. Thanks!
Congrats timelady!! When do you plan to land? I have updated the spreadsheet.

Sea-Van

Jan 10, 2014
GeorgeJoseph said:
Hello Sea-Van & All,

I see that you guys contacted the Case Officer and got the response within 15 minutes. Is it that you mailed to the generic id - "OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca" or some other email id (email id of the specific officer working on your case) ? How did you manage to get his email id ? I am asking this question because, it has been more than 6 weeks since I had received the PPR. So, I had mailed to the id "OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca" last week monday, to check on the status. But, I haven't received any response at all. So, little worried.

Also, there was no acknowledgement from the CIC on the receipt of my email that I sent eight weeks back with the scanned copy of the passport and other supporting documents.

Kindly advise me sir. thank you so much.

bye.
Good day NicAnn, GeorgeJoseph and washingtongirl,

I'll have to go back and double check (which I'll do and confirm with you later) but I recall that in one of my early emails from CIC in which they requested some additional information, the signature block included the case officer's name and direct email address. I have never emailed anything to the generic CPP-O email rather I've only communicated directly with this person. Perhaps luckily, she has always been responsive and very courteous.
So again, if any of you have ever received ANY emails from CIC, especially to request an additional bit of information or clarification of something, I suggest you carefully check the bottom of the email, as it was likely sent from a person and not auto-generated.

Hope this helps.

timelady

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1: 17-05-2013
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-03-2014
washingtongirl said:
Congrats Timelady, such exciting news. I have a quick question for you when your status changed to decision made did you you receive an email notification saying so or were you just checking ecas everyday like everybody else? Lol
Your second guess was right--I was checking the website every day! :)

timelady

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-03-2014
Buffy2323 said:
Congrats timelady!! When do you plan to land? I have updated the spreadsheet.
I think I'll be landing March 1st or 2nd, though we haven't finalized plans yet.

Can anyone can point me to good resources for what to expect (and what I'll need) for landing? A website with a checklist would make my organization-nerd heart very happy. ;)

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi All,

I had responded to the PPR email with the scanned copy of the passport cum necessary documents as attachment, around 6 weeks back. Within few seconds, I received an AUTOMATED email saying that they will get back. But it is been 6 weeks since that and there is no response at all. So, I did send an another email last week following up on that . But, there is no response yet. Is it quite natural that they will not acknowledge the receipt of the Passport/ other necessary copies and it is understood that it has been received by them ? ;) :'(

please advise.

bye the way, looking at the time lines ... is it that, it takes more than 3 months from the date of PPR to get the CORP ? :( any clue ? or it varies from case to case and are there people who has received the CORP within 2 weeks from the date of PPR ? please clarify.

bye ! :) 8)

MapleLeafBride

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2013
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
25-08-2014
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the waiting game, but wanted to join this topic as I'm sponsoring my American husband. We're (hopefully) only a few days out from receiving our SA, as we got AOR last week. Anyway, good to meet you all and here's to a 2014 where we can all be (legally) together with our partners!

MLB

MapleLeafBride

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2013
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
25-08-2014
Shortly after I posted, I got my SA! Could I please be added to the spreadsheet? Thanks! :)

timelady

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-03-2014
GeorgeJoseph said:
Hi All,

I had responded to the PPR email with the scanned copy of the passport cum necessary documents as attachment, around 6 weeks back. Within few seconds, I received an AUTOMATED email saying that they will get back. But it is been 6 weeks since that and there is no response at all. So, I did send an another email last week following up on that . But, there is no response yet. Is it quite natural that they will not acknowledge the receipt of the Passport/ other necessary copies and it is understood that it has been received by them ? ;) :'(

please advise.

bye the way, looking at the time lines ... is it that, it takes more than 3 months from the date of PPR to get the CORP ? :( any clue ? or it varies from case to case and are there people who has received the CORP within 2 weeks from the date of PPR ? please clarify.

bye ! :) 8)
I also got an immediate automated response when I emailed my passport after PPR. I didn't get any other sort of confirmation, so your situation sounds very normal. It took nearly 12 weeks between my PPR and COPR, so if you're like me, you're halfway through the waiting period.

I do think it varies from person to person depending on situation, so yours could come sooner (or later), but I definitely think you shouldn't worry after only 6 weeks. I do hope yours moves faster than mine did though. Good luck!

clearly

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
I realized today that I probably should updated my NEXUS information that I'm no longer employed since I've been living here since last May. Has anyone else done this before? Will it impact anything?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
clearly said:
I realized today that I probably should updated my NEXUS information that I'm no longer employed since I've been living here since last May. Has anyone else done this before? Will it impact anything?
It won't affect your application. You are obligated to keep your information current with nexus.

astopal

Feb 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone ,
I am in canada as permanent resident, and now i am planning for marriage in pakistan, so sholud i go back to my country for marriage and apply for my wife or can i perform Nikkah online, and is that nikkah will be acceptable?????? i am waiting for ur responses

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
Checked ECAS Friday afternoon and application was still "in process" but then checked today and it had changed to "decision made" (we think it probably changed on Friday right after we checked it)...

When we sent my passport info (email attachment) we got an automated response which stated:

We have received your email sent to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (“CPP-O”) and will respond to it shortly if:

(amongst other reasons):

You send us information we have requested

We never got another response...and if there was some problem or it somehow got misfiled, it was 3 months ago when we sent it to them and on the ppr it stated that we had 2 months to respond...so now we are fretting that perhaps there was some problem in the transmitting of this email and that their decision is "DENIED" for the reason of our lack of response in sending the passport information, which we did send. Do they normally send that response (beside the automated response) to inform the applicant that the passport information was received? Or is it normal that they skip that step in their communications with applicants? I do wish they made these things clearer to understand. It would help to alleviate alot of anxiety.