Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Sea-Van said:
Here's the thing – I did my medical in late January 2013 (thinking our app would be filed sooner than it actually was). So my medical will expire in about 2 weeks. According to experiences shared on this site, I gather that I should receive a COPR in the mail within a 7-14 day timeframe. What I need help with is a more a more detailed understanding of the timeframe in the context of my impending medical expiry. Also with landing – after reading timelady's comments, I'm wondering how long before I'll have to land. I live and work in WA State and my husband and I both travel between here and BC (his home) to visit. He was here in the states for a few years however in 2012 after several years of talking about it, we decided we wanted to move to Canada. We've been married for almost 10 years, have no children and I have no intention of immigrating my elderly and very happy US parents. Lastly, as I'm sure you can all relate, there are SO many things to arrange. I have a career here and will need to deal with that whole situation and seek employment in Canada, we have a mortgage here and just the whole business. I'm thrilled at the prospect of moving and making this life change, but a bit frazzled contemplating the other stuff. Once I've landed can I return to the US to finalize everything?
Can any of you help with my questions? Thank you in advance!
The COPR should be good for at least two months when you receive it (as per the CIC manuals).

You can land and then turn around and re-enter the US. There is no requirement that you spend any time in Canada initially after you land. Just keep in mind that to meet the residency obligation you need to spend 730 days in Canada in your first five years after landing. Of course, time spent with your Canadian partner/spouse outside Canada also counts for those 730 days, but you do need to be able to document that if CIC questions it.

Sea-Van

Jan 10, 2014
computergeek, Thank you so much for your response. I looked at my post and realized like an idiot, that I attached my post to yours (DOH) providing clear evidence of my frazzled state.

Sea-Van

Jan 10, 2014
computergeek said:
The COPR should be good for at least two months when you receive it (as per the CIC manuals).

You can land and then turn around and re-enter the US. There is no requirement that you spend any time in Canada initially after you land. Just keep in mind that to meet the residency obligation you need to spend 730 days in Canada in your first five years after landing. Of course, time spent with your Canadian partner/spouse outside Canada also counts for those 730 days, but you do need to be able to document that if CIC questions it.
Hi Again,

Just wanted to share that this morning at 11:40 PST I emailed the caseworker that's processed our case and at 11:45am PST she replied as follows:

Good day,

You case has been approved and we sent you documentation by the mail on 2014/01/03. Please allow regular postal delays (normally 10-15 business days) to receive it.

Thank you,

It seems I'll receive the documents any day now and can move forward. I should add that I was surprised she responded so quickly and indicated my approval. As was mentioned elsewhere on this site, this suggests that applicants might be well served to make inquiries via email. Thanks again all.

clearly

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Is it me, or has it been like 3 months now with no new cases being opened by CPP Ottawa? The ones that already received PPR at least seem to be moving toward decision made and COPR being issued, but no new PPR.

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
clearly said:
Is it me, or has it been like 3 months now with no new cases being opened by CPP Ottawa? The ones that already received PPR at least seem to be moving toward decision made and COPR being issued, but no new PPR.
It isn't you. Everything slowed way down after the strike was resolved (semi-resolved? not sure if they came to a true conclusion on that...? they made everybody go back to work and said they would later or something) then the storm hit the Philippines and Ottawa wait times increased from 12 months to 15 months. We got PPR in October, so we were expecting a decision about a month to 6 weeks after...but here it is 3 months later...it isn't you clearly.

Canuckluvus

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-12-2013
NicAnn said:
It isn't you. Everything slowed way down after the strike was resolved (semi-resolved? not sure if they came to a true conclusion on that...? they made everybody go back to work and said they would later or something) then the storm hit the Philippines and Ottawa wait times increased from 12 months to 15 months. We got PPR in October, so we were expecting a decision about a month to 6 weeks after...but here it is 3 months later...it isn't you clearly.
oh hell NicAnn...you still haven't got your COPR?!! Looks like no one has received theirs since my wife's came in December.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
Hi Fellow Ottawa people, I'm a new applicant whose file just got transferred to Ottawa. It's pretty sad to see how quiet things have gotten on this thread though, but I'm wishing all of you who have been here for a while the best of luck in getting your resolution really quickly!

Can I please be added to the spreadsheet?
My timeline is:

File transferred- Jan 13, 2014
Meds done- Nov 18, 2013

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been in for awhile. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I have attempted to update everyone that had asked but I may have missed someone. Please check to see if oyu are on the spreadsheet and send me a private message if anything needs corrected.

I know it's been quiet here but it seems there has been a little movement this year so far. Good luck to all who are waiting and congrats to those who have recently received DM!!
I just received my PR card on January 9, I landed on October 26. If anyone is wondering how long it takes for the cards to come after landing. Of course, there was the Christmas/New Year break in there to consider as well.

I will keep checking in a couple of times a week but if I miss anyone please send me a private message. :)

timelady

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1: 17-05-2013
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-03-2014
Great news! My COPR arrived yesterday! I'm so happy, and I hope this means there'll be more movement soon for the rest of you who are waiting.

Now we just have to plan a time to move me and my belongings up across the border--a whole new process to research!

Buffy2323, please update the spreadsheet for me. Thanks!

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
Congrats timelady! That's wonderful news :D. So things are not so dead after all

washingtongirl

Mar 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 11, 2013
AOR Received.
May 17, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 26, 2013
timelady said:
Great news! My COPR arrived yesterday! I'm so happy, and I hope this means there'll be more movement soon for the rest of you who are waiting.

Now we just have to plan a time to move me and my belongings up across the border--a whole new process to research!

Congrats Timelady, such exciting news. I have a quick question for you when your status changed to decision made did you you receive an email notification saying so or were you just checking ecas everyday like everybody else? Lol

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
timelady said:

Great news, and congrads Hopefully those of us who got PPR around the same time as you got yours will get our COPR in the next little while. NicAnn yours may be next. :)

Sea-Van

Jan 10, 2014
timelady said:

Hi timelady and washingtongirl, I live in WA State and received my COPR yesterday (2014/01/13). As I've indicated in previous posts, my status changed to DM sometime between 2014/01/07-2014/01/09. I took the advice of another poster and emailed our case officer; she replied in about 15 minutes saying I have been approved and that the COPR was mailed 2014/01/02. I was concerned about the impending expiry of my medical, which was completed back in late January 2013 however as computergeek rightly noted, there was no need for concern as my COPR indicates I have approximately 2 months to land (2014/03/19 to be exact). Going forward, my plan is to land, take care of a few details, then return to the US to tie of loose ends.
Also, washingtontongirl, in answer to your question about receiving an email notification - I didn't receive one and doubt you will either - however I based on my success doing so, I recommend you email your case officer and I expect you'll receive a reply with some additional details. I hope this is helpful.

Sea-Van

Jan 10, 2014
washingtongirl said:
Congrats Timelady, such exciting news. I have a quick question for you when your status changed to decision made did you you receive an email notification saying so or were you just checking ecas everyday like everybody else? Lol
Sheesh, I just noticed several typos in my last post (my apologies). Okay, so in direct answer to your above question - no you should not expect to receive an email notification indicating your change of status to DM. I only found out about my change of status as I was in the habit of checking the CIC website almost obsessively. The funny thing is the approximate 2-3 day period in which my status changed, I uncharacteristically had not checked the CIC website as I had been tied up with a project.

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
Congratulations Timelady and Sea Van :) Maybe ours will come soon too...