Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
amikety said:
Yup.... that's why they call for an interview. You need to order your case notes now and figure out why they want to interview you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
So do I order it or does my husband? He is the applicant and I am the sponsor.

ALLY06

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
02-21-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
keesio said:
I'm glad I waited... cause DECISION MADE!!

I sensed something was up when I tried to check eCAS with my wife's information and it complained that I entered some info wrong. Then on a hunch I decided to change the last name I was entering from her maiden name (which we filed the application with) to her married name (which she changed during the application and on the passport we gave a copy of for PPR) and it went through! They updated her last name with status update.

They also had the date her application when in process on July 29th (PPR was July 12th)

Way to go SB01716!

For the others still waiting, hang in there!
YAY! This absolutely made my morning. Mine is still Application Received but at least I know our officer is showing some productivity! :D

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
rsjkd427 said:
Wow! They must really be on a roll. ALMOST gives me hope for Ivan and me. Almost. ;) Haha
Almost... We're heading across the border next Tuesday or Wednesday in any event.

writetosfa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
11-01-2013
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
12-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
18-08-2013
danielleb63 said:
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know it looks like they are in to Feb applications. Our application was received on Feb 4,2013 and my husband got his PPR today!!!
Congrats!!!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
ALLY06 said:
YAY! This absolutely made my morning. Mine is still Application Received but at least I know our officer is showing some productivity! :D
haha, I was pumped and screamed "yes, thank you!" to our mystery officer. I startled my wife who didn't know what I was up to

writetosfa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
11-01-2013
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
12-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
18-08-2013
keesio said:
haha, I was pumped and screamed "yes, thank you!" to our mystery officer. I startled my wife who didn't know what I was up to
Hahah - it's so exciting! Congrats! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw our ecas update this morning!!!! :eek:

ALLY06

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
02-21-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
Lkrammy said:
Decision made too!!!! I checked this morning and it was still Application Received - now it says :

We received your application for permanent residence on January 24, 2013.

We started processing your application on August 2, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

... So.. the little worried wheels in my head seem to be spinning as it says "The office will contact you concerning this decision and not.."We have sent a letter.." etc.

Also - his address is still his US address and not my canadian address as so many people say it changes to the sponsors address?
Congrats!!! As our timelines are close I am crossing my fingers my turn will be soon!

texancanadian

Feb 6, 2013
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2013
LANDED..........
26-08-2013
whew, i haven't been on in a while!

got decision made yesterday.. hopefully COPR soon?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Wow, what a busy two days in ecas! I think I've updated everyone. If I missed you, please yell at me.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Foster said:
Thanks amikety! I pray all goes well! I was getting a little discouraged and so was my husband. They also said something about tribunal jurisdiction? What does that mean? Also they stated that they needed more information regarding his divorce. We already sent in the Decree of divorce and Divorce certificate what more do they need? They said something about a divorce registration???
If your husband from the USA? As in born, married, and divorced in the USA?

I know divorces are registered in some countries, but I wasn't aware the USA was one of them. o_O

Do you have any nasty emails between him and his ex discussing the divorce? Maybe that would help :p

Honestly, I'm a little at a loss.

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
amikety said:
If your husband from the USA? As in born, married, and divorced in the USA?

I know divorces are registered in some countries, but I wasn't aware the USA was one of them. o_O

Do you have any nasty emails between him and his ex discussing the divorce? Maybe that would help :p

Honestly, I'm a little at a loss.
Yes my husband was born and raised in the USA and he was previously married and divorced in the USA as well. Haha we unfortunately don't have any nasty e-mails from her all because she has hidden his daughter from him and any time she is found and contacted she instantly changes her phone number. She's quite the person if you ask me, of course I don't think very highly of her :p

Your just as confused as I am lol! That's why I'm asking for people's advice. Also, do I order the case notes or does my husband?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Foster said:
Yes my husband was born and raised in the USA and he was previously married and divorced in the USA as well. Haha we unfortunately don't have any nasty e-mails from her all because she has hidden his daughter from him and any time she is found and contacted she instantly changes her phone number. She's quite the person if you ask me, of course I don't think very highly of her :p

Your just as confused as I am lol! That's why I'm asking for people's advice. Also, do I order the case notes or does my husband?
Your husband technically does. If he's in Canada it's free. If not, it's $5. I believe he can also sign authorization for you to get the notes to make them free. But as Ivan pointed out, I don't think the notes would arrive in time.

My best guess - and hopefully others will have input - is CIC is concerned because of the unusual issues with his daughter. "In theory" what his ex-wife is doing is illegal, although we know real world application is does happen. Were you able to send in any documentation besides the divorce papers? I'm assuming the child hasn't been medical examined and is non-accompanying, but he listed her on his paperwork? CIC may also want to know why a father would be okay with knowingly signing away his ability to ever sponsor his own child later on.

Like I said, that is my best guess. There are a few others with better legal backgrounds that might have a better idea.

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
IvanP said:
Except that it's too late to get the notes before an August 27 interview, unfortunately: the notes will take 30 days. Contacting your MP might help you get you some information before that time, if your MP is responsive and can get any information out of the visa office. And though I hate to disagree with my esteemed co-spreadsheet-updater, it sounds to me more like they are verifying your husband's parental rights if they are contacting the birth mother of your stepdaughter, so I would be sure to have all of that documentation organized, complete and be sure that your husband's familiar with it. It could also be that they will verify the validity of the relationship (and certainly it would be worthwhile bringing that documentation), but the mention of the birth mother seems to point more towards verifying that your husband has full legal custody for immigration purposes.
Hmm good to know. My husband does have his joint custody papers. As I said to amikety his ex-wife is quite the character and not in a good way either.

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
amikety said:
Your husband technically does. If he's in Canada it's free. If not, it's $5. I believe he can also sign authorization for you to get the notes to make them free. But as Ivan pointed out, I don't think the notes would arrive in time.

My best guess - and hopefully others will have input - is CIC is concerned because of the unusual issues with his daughter. "In theory" what his ex-wife is doing is illegal, although we know real world application is does happen. Were you able to send in any documentation besides the divorce papers? I'm assuming the child hasn't been medical examined and is non-accompanying, but he listed her on his paperwork? CIC may also want to know why a father would be okay with knowingly signing away his ability to ever sponsor his own child later on.

Like I said, that is my best guess. There are a few others with better legal backgrounds that might have a better idea.
We sent in everything we had for my husband. His daughter did not get a medical exam done and she is non-accompanying. My husband wrote a letter stating all of that and that he could not find her to ask if she would consent to medicals. The issue with my husband is that his last marriage ended terribly. Yes it's illegal what she is doing but she did it anyways and she has no care in the world to ever let their daughter know about my husband. He cries about it all the time because he no control over the situation. He was in school and finished last October so he was full-time student for sometime. She was after him for child support but he couldn't pay it as he was not working. His sister did manager to run into her one day and they spoke and she basically told his sister that she does not care for the child support or want to have anything to do with him. Of course my sister-in-law told her it's not right to keep his daughter away from him. So his sister ended up receiving pic messages of my step daughter but then a few days later my sister-in-law tried calling her and she had already changed her number. Ugh this is all so frustrating