Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
bailz said:
Landed Aug. 5!
I want to know what that feels like too!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;) Congratulations!!!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
keesio said:
We're all in the same boat it appears. I've decided to wait until the beginning of next week before ordering notes. Just trying to be patient.
My only comment on notes is that they take 30 days, so waiting until next week means waiting 37 days rather than 30 if you order them today.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
IvanP said:
My only comment on notes is that they take 30 days, so waiting until next week means waiting 37 days rather than 30 if you order them today.
yup. Understood. The main reason I decided to wait is my wife is going down this weekend to the US to see her family for a few weeks. Her dad is checking her mail and is on the lookout for an envelope from Canada but in case he didn't notice it (entirely possible) and it is sitting in a pile he's been collecting, I just want her to sort through that pile first. I doubt it is in there but you never know.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Foster said:
Hey everyone,

So my husband just got a call from CIC he has an interview on August 27th and the lady said something about tribunal jurisdiction so they have to contact the Birmingham office and they will also contact the birth mother of my step daughter who is such a difficult person. What does this all mean? Are they just checking the validity of our relationship???
Yup.... that's why they call for an interview. You need to order your case notes now and figure out why they want to interview you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
amikety said:
Yup.... that's why they call for an interview. You need to order your case notes now and figure out why they want to interview you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
Except that it's too late to get the notes before an August 27 interview, unfortunately: the notes will take 30 days. Contacting your MP might help you get you some information before that time, if your MP is responsive and can get any information out of the visa office. And though I hate to disagree with my esteemed co-spreadsheet-updater, it sounds to me more like they are verifying your husband's parental rights if they are contacting the birth mother of your stepdaughter, so I would be sure to have all of that documentation organized, complete and be sure that your husband's familiar with it. It could also be that they will verify the validity of the relationship (and certainly it would be worthwhile bringing that documentation), but the mention of the birth mother seems to point more towards verifying that your husband has full legal custody for immigration purposes.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
IvanP said:
Except that it's too late to get the notes before an August 27 interview, unfortunately: the notes will take 30 days. Contacting your MP might help you get you some information before that time, if your MP is responsive and can get any information out of the visa office. And though I hate to disagree with my esteemed co-spreadsheet-updater, it sounds to me more like they are verifying your husband's parental rights if they are contacting the birth mother of your stepdaughter, so I would be sure to have all of that documentation organized, complete and be sure that your husband's familiar with it. It could also be that they will verify the validity of the relationship (and certainly it would be worthwhile bringing that documentation), but the mention of the birth mother seems to point more towards verifying that your husband has full legal custody for immigration purposes.
Hey, at least someone is reading what I said :p

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
keesio said:
We're all in the same boat it appears. I've decided to wait until the beginning of next week before ordering notes. Just trying to be patient.
I'm glad I waited... cause DECISION MADE!!

I sensed something was up when I tried to check eCAS with my wife's information and it complained that I entered some info wrong. Then on a hunch I decided to change the last name I was entering from her maiden name (which we filed the application with) to her married name (which she changed during the application and on the passport we gave a copy of for PPR) and it went through! They updated her last name with status update.

They also had the date her application when in process on July 29th (PPR was July 12th)

Way to go SB01716!

For the others still waiting, hang in there!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
keesio said:

I sensed something was up when I tried to check eCAS with my wife's information and it complained that I entered some info wrong. Then on a hunch I decided to change the last name I was entering from her maiden name (which we filed the application with) to her married name (which she changed during the application and on the passport we gave a copy of for PPR) and it went through! They updated her last name with status update.

They also had the date her application when in process on July 29th (PPR was July 12th)

Way to go SB01716!

:p

Congrats!

I got my COPR 9 days after DM.

Lkrammy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made too!!!! I checked this morning and it was still Application Received - now it says :

We received your application for permanent residence on January 24, 2013.

We started processing your application on August 2, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

... So.. the little worried wheels in my head seem to be spinning as it says "The office will contact you concerning this decision and not.."We have sent a letter.." etc.

Also - his address is still his US address and not my canadian address as so many people say it changes to the sponsors address?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Lkrammy said:
Decision made too!!!! I checked this morning and it was still Application Received - now it says :

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

... So.. the little worried wheels in my head seem to be spinning as it says "The office will contact you concerning this decision and not.."We have sent a letter.." etc.

Also - his address is still his US address and not my canadian address as so many people say it changes to the sponsors address?
I can't say for certain, because I lived with my sponsor, but I believe the COPR goes to the applicant. Hopefully someone can confirm or disaffirm.4

Congrats! :D

tinytortoise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Houston, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2013
Lkrammy said:

Congrats! My husband received a call from our case officer yesterday - he said he was super nice. We accidentally sent in his tax return instead of his assessment. The case officer said once that info is submitted (we did yesterday) that our case is complete and COPR will be issued :)

I know there is time between PPR and COPR. What's the average time from when "Decision Made" to COPR? The spreadsheet only has PPR to COPR. I'd like to land in early Sept if at all possible.

rsjkd427

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-7-2012
AOR Received.
1-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-5-2012
Interview........
Waived (for now according to PPR)
Passport Req..
8-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2013
keesio said:

Way to go SB01716!

Congrats!! So happy for you!! :D

rsjkd427

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-7-2012
AOR Received.
1-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-5-2012
Interview........
Waived (for now according to PPR)
Passport Req..
8-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2013
Lkrammy said:

Congrats to you too!! Yay for movement!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Lkrammy said:

Congrats!!

I think the whole "office will contact you..." sentence is just the standard thing they post on eCAS. From what i understand, they will not post the result. I got the same sentence too.

Also, I believe they mail it to the address of the person being sponsored.