Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
I won my appeal in February of this year, and Ottawa is re-processing our app. It took them over 3 months to receive the file from Toronto, and a week and a half later, we received an email requesting updated forms and medical. (I thought 'that' was fast!) My husband sent me the forms last week, and I sent them via xpresspost to Ottawa to the address provided to me in their emails, but they appear to have given me the wrong address. The address they gave me was 219 Laurier Ave. W., Ottawa, Ont. K1A 1L1. Upon checking, this postal code of K1A 1L1 is actually for '365' Laurier Ave. W., so I'm not sure if their address is 219 or 365 Laurier. Does anyone know? I thought that during the strike, that maybe they were using a different office to receive mailings, in case 365 was being picketed, but I have no idea. According to the tracking number provided to me, my envelope was delivered 'somewhere', 3 days late however, but as of now, I don't know 'where' it was delivered or if the VO looking after my file, has in fact, received it. I emailed her/him, but so far, no response. Just in case, I scanned and emailed all the docs. to him/her. It's funny how secretive they are - no name in the emails, just initials, and no phone number, which is of no help when mailing something to them, when you are given the wrong address or postal code. ::)

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
tunisianbride said:
I won my appeal in February of this year, and Ottawa is re-processing our app. It took them over 3 months to receive the file from Toronto, and a week and a half later, we received an email requesting updated forms and medical. (I thought 'that' was fast!) My husband sent me the forms last week, and I sent them via xpresspost to Ottawa to the address provided to me in their emails, but they appear to have given me the wrong address. The address they gave me was 219 Laurier Ave. W., Ottawa, Ont. K1A 1L1. Upon checking, this postal code of K1A 1L1 is actually for '365' Laurier Ave. W., so I'm not sure if their address is 219 or 365 Laurier. Does anyone know? I thought that during the strike, that maybe they were using a different office to receive mailings, in case 365 was being picketed, but I have no idea. According to the tracking number provided to me, my envelope was delivered 'somewhere', 3 days late however, but as of now, I don't know 'where' it was delivered or if the VO looking after my file, has in fact, received it. I emailed her/him, but so far, no response. Just in case, I scanned and emailed all the docs. to him/her. It's funny how secretive they are - no name in the emails, just initials, and no phone number, which is of no help when mailing something to them, when you are given the wrong address or postal code. ::)
Congrats on winning the appeal!

I think you might try the call center (if you have not already), they MAY be able to verify the address or confirm if it has been received.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

ahmadauh

Feb 4, 2012
shanmba1174 said:
When CIC called me ... 613-960-1000 was the number showed in caller -ID..
I called this number, the officer asked me about my details but he said you are not applicant on my side or something like that, so he didnt answer my question.

He said how did you get this number, it is internal.

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
Got COPR today. It's valid for one year.

Now need to book ticket from Los angeles . I like to finish landing by this weekend.

Hope everyone will receive COPR soon. I will pray for IvanP .

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
tunisianbride said:
219 is the correct address .. It will finally end up in 365. So no worries...

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
shanmba1174 said:
Got COPR today. It's valid for one year.

Now need to book ticket from Los angeles . I like to finish landing by this weekend.

Hope everyone will receive COPR soon. I will pray for IvanP .
Whooohoooo....Congratulations and Happy Landing ;D

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
shanmba1174 said:
219 is the correct address .. It will finally end up in 365. So no worries...
Thanks. I took MadeinCanada's advice & called the call centre and they told me the same thing. You would 'think' the Canadian Government of all people, would know how important it is to use the proper postal code, because K1A 1L1 is not the correct postal code for 219 Laurier Ave. W. - it is suppose to be K1P 5J6. (it obviously confused the post office and that's why they didn't deliver it when they were suppose to) Anyways I'm sure, as you say, I have nothing to worry about, but after waiting since 2009 for this thing to end and finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, one can become a little anxious. ;)

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
I just received an email from Ottawa saying: Your Xpresspost envelope has been delivered and is currently in our mailroom. The documents will be forwarded to my attention tomorrow morning—Friday at the latest. Sincerely, TG-CPPO. :D I'm happy now.

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Congrats to everyone with good news!

I received my notes today..I had accidentally ordered my sponsorship ones, and what interests me on there is it says:
Status changed 04/17/2013

What does that mean?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
brightredscream said:
Congrats to everyone with good news!

I received my notes today..I had accidentally ordered my sponsorship ones, and what interests me on there is it says:
Status changed 04/17/2013

What does that mean?
They know what you did last summer.

I have no real clue, but if I was to guess, you've been assigned to an officer for processing (based on your timeline).

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Lol! Here's hoping that officer gets moving on getting my hubby's COPR back to us :p

crna80

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
12-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-7-2012
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-2-2013
LANDED..........
05-04-2013
brightredscream said:
Another question...
My husband will be bringing his car over, what does he need? What will they be looking for?
I believe he needs a recall clearance letter? Any idea how long those are valid for?
I imported two vehicles. It really wasn't that bad. I had to send the original title, a copy of the bill of sale to the export office where you will be crossing- 48 hours ahead of time. The guy told me send it now, never too early. I also enclosed a letter stating my expected date of arrival. When you arrive at US export control- usually they have set hours of operation so you want to check that as well where you are crossing. Anyway, at export control, they need the last 4 or 6 digits of your VIN number to look it up. They get the paperwork, check the VIN on the vehicle to match the title, stamp it and send you on your way.
When you arrive at Canada customs, mention that you are importing a vehicle and they will send you inside. It is paperwork, and since you have put the vehicle on your B4 it is imported duty free. Customs gives you a form one. and you are on your way. The next step is to go online to pay the RIV fee. You can use the info on Form 1 to fill out the info and your vehicle will show up or file. You pay your $220 or something close to that- RIV is the one that needs the no recall letter and they will ask for it. Once you have satisfied all their requirements- payment and recall letter, they will email you a form, that you take to a approved center for a safety check, emissions and whatever else they have on your checklist. Canadian Tire is once such place that does this. This is where you might get stuck depending on your vehicle as it needs to meet Canadian specs including Daytime running lights. Extra cost. Even with nothing wrong the whole procedure cost me about $ 150.00. Did that today. Tomorrow take the paperwork to license bureau and guess what pay more money, and get plates and it is done. So while this is long and descriptive, it really isn't as bad as you would think. Especially since the vehicle will be duty free. Hope this helps

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
crna80 said:
I imported two vehicles. It really wasn't that bad. I had to send the original title, a copy of the bill of sale to the export office where you will be crossing- 48 hours ahead of time. The guy told me send it now, never too early. I also enclosed a letter stating my expected date of arrival. When you arrive at US export control- usually they have set hours of operation so you want to check that as well where you are crossing. Anyway, at export control, they need the last 4 or 6 digits of your VIN number to look it up. They get the paperwork, check the VIN on the vehicle to match the title, stamp it and send you on your way.
When you arrive at Canada customs, mention that you are importing a vehicle and they will send you inside. It is paperwork, and since you have put the vehicle on your B4 it is imported duty free. Customs gives you a form one. and you are on your way. The next step is to go online to pay the RIV fee. You can use the info on Form 1 to fill out the info and your vehicle will show up or file. You pay your $220 or something close to that- RIV is the one that needs the no recall letter and they will ask for it. Once you have satisfied all their requirements- payment and recall letter, they will email you a form, that you take to a approved center for a safety check, emissions and whatever else they have on your checklist. Canadian Tire is once such place that does this. This is where you might get stuck depending on your vehicle as it needs to meet Canadian specs including Daytime running lights. Extra cost. Even with nothing wrong the whole procedure cost me about $ 150.00. Did that today. Tomorrow take the paperwork to license bureau and guess what pay more money, and get plates and it is done. So while this is long and descriptive, it really isn't as bad as you would think. Especially since the vehicle will be duty free. Hope this helps
That's fantastic!
Thank you for your help :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
brightredscream said:
Another question...
My husband will be bringing his car over, what does he need? What will they be looking for?
I believe he needs a recall clearance letter? Any idea how long those are valid for?
Letter is valid for 30 days. And it will depend on who made the car. Gm is damn greedy, $270 for a letter. And that's not the riv fee. That's another $220 paid online. Call where you will import it, each place has different specifications.

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
crna80 said:
Thanks for this info!! I have asked multiple times but always get links posted back to me or really complicated answers. Yours was short and to the point and fees (approximate) included. I will be importing a 2013 Ford vehicle and I had the dealership check all the specs to make sure it will pass the inspection. They had to "turn on" the daytime running lights for me. I negotiated that fee into the price. Said no DRL=no sale. :D Anyway, this doesn't sound too bad at all. Thank you!!!!