Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
JMStargazer said:
Status changed to DECISION MADE!

Please oh please oh PLEASE let it be the one that says "Bienvenue a Canada".... :-\
:D congratulations!! of course it is!!

JMStargazer

Oct 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/08/2012
AOR Received.
02/09/2012
File Transfer...
04/09/2012
Med's Done....
29/03/2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
12/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
13/03/2013
Thanks guys!

I'm gonna be a nervous effing wreck until I actually KNOW what the decision is.

I'm gonna be completely useless the rest of the day/week until that letter comes.

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
JMStargazer said:
Thanks guys!

I'm gonna be a nervous effing wreck until I actually KNOW what the decision is.

I'm gonna be completely useless the rest of the day/week until that letter comes.
They requested copies of your passport so duhhh relax and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea :D

JMStargazer

Oct 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/08/2012
AOR Received.
02/09/2012
File Transfer...
04/09/2012
Med's Done....
29/03/2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
12/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
13/03/2013
lunas said:
They requested copies of your passport so duhhh relax and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea :D
I'm on my third mug of tea and I can't stop shaking!

I would relax and enjoy the knowledge that my COPR is coming, if throughout my entire life, my hopes weren't utterly destroyed every time something good happens to me. Better to be pessimistic and pleasantly surprised than optimistic and emotionally devastated. ;)

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
JMStargazer said:
I'm on my third mug of tea and I can't stop shaking!

I would relax and enjoy the knowledge that my COPR is coming, if throughout my entire life, my hopes weren't utterly destroyed every time something good happens to me. Better to be pessimistic and pleasantly surprised than optimistic and emotionally devastated. ;)
lol the same thing happened to me I was shaking for like 24 hours straight. But it will be an approval =) If you cant stay positive then we'll just all have to do it for you!

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
We've had so many delays and surprise requirements in the past 7 years that we learned to just do what we had to and then put it out of our minds and just enjoy our lives... until my partner was asked for his passport image a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm a nervous wreck!

kfair001

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2012
AOR Received.
October 12, 2012
File Transfer...
October 12, 2012
Med's Done....
June 25, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
ECAS will be the death of me. That system is torturing me lol. On February 21st the sponsorship application went from "Decision Made" to "In Process" and today it went back to "Decision Made". Meanwhile the Permanent Residency Application still says "Application Received". It's like they try to drive us crazy! lol I should have my husband put the parental blocker on ECAS so that I can't access it anymore lol. I thought once we received PPR I'd be able to relax a little. Apparently not! There will be no relaxing until that COPR is in our hands!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
kfair001 said:
ECAS will be the death of me. That system is torturing me lol. On February 21st the sponsorship application went from "Decision Made" to "In Process" and today it went back to "Decision Made". Meanwhile the Permanent Residency Application still says "Application Received". It's like they try to drive us crazy! lol I should have my husband put the parental blocker on ECAS so that I can't access it anymore lol. I thought once we received PPR I'd be able to relax a little. Apparently not! There will be no relaxing until that COPR is in our hands!
You're going crazy because your status is changing, I'm going crazy because mine isn't changing. We can't win!

wjszxw

Feb 12, 2013
Hi all,

I need some help over here. I got an email from ottawa today, and it requires me to give them a FBI clearance and a original Chinese police certificate (since i am originally from China by April 25.

We do realize that we need a FBI clearance when we mail out our app on Aug., but since we dont want to wait for an extra month to mail our documents out, we decided to send it first. Now I already have my FBI check, but the date it is issued is on Oct. 17, 2012. My question is that the FBI check still effective? Do I need to apply for a new one? Thanks a lot!

xbwa

Oct 14, 2012
wjszxw said:
Hi all,

I need some help over here. I got an email from ottawa today, and it requires me to give them a FBI clearance and a original Chinese police certificate (since i am originally from China by April 25.

We do realize that we need a FBI clearance when we mail out our app on Aug., but since we dont want to wait for an extra month to mail our documents out, we decided to send it first. Now I already have my FBI check, but the date it is issued is on Oct. 17, 2012. My question is that the FBI check still effective? Do I need to apply for a new one? Thanks a lot!
Did they mentioned the what are the requirements of police reports in the email?

From my understanding, CIC requires to receive policy report within 3 months from the date the report originated. In my opinion, you need to get a new report. But you should also confirm with CIC,

wjszxw

Feb 12, 2013
xbwa said:
Did they mentioned the what are the requirements of police reports in the email?

From my understanding, CIC requires to receive policy report within 3 months from the date the report originated. In my opinion, you need to get a new report. But you should also confirm with CIC,
This is the letter:

FBI Clearance: If your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original FBI clearance certificate This must be received at this office by: 04/25/2013

Police Certificate: From each country/state (China) where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate This must be received at this office by: 04/25/2013

And how should I ask CIC? Call them or email them ? Thanks!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
wjszxw said:
Hi all,

Send the one you have and order a new one. While they shouldn't accept it, they might do so anyway (in some cases they seem to be willing to do so).

Don't ask them. Tell them what you are doing: "I am enclosing an FBI clearance letter dated X and am ordering a new letter which will be forwarded to you as soon as I receive it, though that may not be prior to 25 April 2013."

Those dates are artificial - they want you to move, but they know that it can take more than 60 days to get the FBI letter.

wjszxw

Feb 12, 2013
Thank you so much computergreek!

Should I wait for the Chinese clearance to mail together, or should I send whatever I have now? Cauze I have to ask my friend in China to apply for a new clearance for me, and it might take some time...

I am really upset now.. they didnt even ask me to send the passport along.. does that mean our app will take a long time to get approve? Thanks!

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
wjszxw said:
Thank you so much computergreek!

Should I wait for the Chinese clearance to mail together, or should I send whatever I have now? Cauze I have to ask my friend in China to apply for a new clearance for me, and it might take some time...

I am really upset now.. they didnt even ask me to send the passport along.. does that mean our app will take a long time to get approve? Thanks!
I'm also getting worried because I had to include additional police, judicial and penal records from another country. Those were almost expired and they took over two months to get them.
Does it mean that you had included your records from China already? I wonder if they could at least let you get away without submitting those again.