+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

wjszxw

Feb 12, 2013
lunas said:
I'm also getting worried because I had to include additional police, judicial and penal records from another country. Those were almost expired and they took over two months to get them.
Does it mean that you had included your records from China already? I wonder if they could at least let you get away without submitting those again.
I have included the records from China. The thing is that they are asking the original police certification, which is written in Chinese! Therefore we got it translated in the official translation center in China, but the center just took the original doc after handing us the English version and saying that its the process ::)..

Now i guess i have to do a new one and take it to a translation center that will not withdraw out original file...

For your case, i think it will be fine if you have the original file, they wont be too strict on the date it is issued..

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
wjszxw said:
Thank you so much computergreek!

Should I wait for the Chinese clearance to mail together, or should I send whatever I have now? Cauze I have to ask my friend in China to apply for a new clearance for me, and it might take some time...

I am really upset now.. they didnt even ask me to send the passport along.. does that mean our app will take a long time to get approve? Thanks!
I would sent them what you have and advise them on what you are waiting for and what you have done to get the remaining items. That way you don't end up with stale documents again. Once CIC has them they are valid for 12 months from the date of issue - but CIC has to receive them within 3 months.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
I called the call center again today to schedule a landing appointment. It was awful because of the usual Monday craziness but once I finally got through the guy was really nice for once and set everything up, but then he told us that they'll contact us in a MONTH to schedule our appointment. I thought they would just tell me on the phone or something.

So does this mean I have to wait a month just for them to tell me I need to wait another month for the actual appointment? I tried asking him but he just kept saying that he didn't know and all he knows is they'll contact me in a month.

Also, my wife has been badgering me to find out if we can walk to the border to land or if we have to be in a vehicle of some kind. I've never been to the border here but she says that people bike through so it has to be possible. So does anyone know if this is possible? If it is then we'll just have a friend drop us off by the border and walk through. I can't imagine this being possible, but it can't hurt to ask.

I thought having my COPR would make things easier, but no, it's just as stressful. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful as I have ever been but I just want this to be over and done with.

wjszxw

Feb 12, 2013
I am so upset :'( I have a job lining up in Toronto, now this is the case, i dont know how long does it take to get the VISA again :'(

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
wjszxw said:
I am so upset :'( I have a job lining up in Toronto, now this is the case, i dont know how long does it take to get the VISA again :'(
Are you a US citizen? If so, is there a NAFTA visa you could get?

wjszxw

Feb 12, 2013
IvanP said:
Are you a US citizen? If so, is there a NAFTA visa you could get?
I am not, I am here holding a student VISA.

Do you know how long it might take for them to process our case again after they received the required doc.?

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
wjszxw said:
I am not, I am here holding a student VISA.

Do you know how long it might take for them to process our case again after they received the required doc.?
Spreadsheet shows between 11 and 64 days from PPR to COPR, with an average of 30.

wjszxw

Feb 12, 2013
IvanP said:
Spreadsheet shows between 11 and 64 days from PPR to COPR, with an average of 30.
They didnt ask me for passport though.. should I send the passport along with other doc. or should i wait again till them send me the PPR?

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
wjszxw said:
They didnt ask me for passport though.. should I send the passport along with other doc. or should i wait again till them send me the PPR?
I don't know, but I've wondered how they react to people preemptively providing documents. My family's application is getting pretty close to PPR, and it's pretty tempting to see whether it would speed things up.

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Shylox said:
I called the call center again today to schedule a landing appointment. It was awful because of the usual Monday craziness but once I finally got through the guy was really nice for once and set everything up, but then he told us that they'll contact us in a MONTH to schedule our appointment. I thought they would just tell me on the phone or something.

So does this mean I have to wait a month just for them to tell me I need to wait another month for the actual appointment? I tried asking him but he just kept saying that he didn't know and all he knows is they'll contact me in a month.

Also, my wife has been badgering me to find out if we can walk to the border to land or if we have to be in a vehicle of some kind. I've never been to the border here but she says that people bike through so it has to be possible. So does anyone know if this is possible? If it is then we'll just have a friend drop us off by the border and walk through. I can't imagine this being possible, but it can't hurt to ask.

I thought having my COPR would make things easier, but no, it's just as stressful. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful as I have ever been but I just want this to be over and done with.
I'm not an expert but from what I've read in threads on here about people's landing experiences it seems to me that you can indeed walk across the border to the US side, tell them what you are doing, have them sign something and then walk back to the Canadian side to land. I know for a fact that there is a strictly pedestrian bridge across at Niagara Falls, ON. I have been across it to the US and then back to Canada.
Get it done girl ;D

wjszxw

Feb 12, 2013
Canuck20 said:
I'm not an expert but from what I've read in threads on here about people's landing experiences it seems to me that you can indeed walk across the border to the US side, tell them what you are doing, have them sign something and then walk back to the Canadian side to land. I know for a fact that there is a strictly pedestrian bridge across at Niagara Falls, ON. I have been across it to the US and then back to Canada.
Get it done girl ;D
Sounds very romantic, to walk across the border~

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
wjszxw said:
Ahhhhhh.....yes it does indeed :)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
wjszxw said:
Maybe in the summer, with flowers blooming and sunshine........

Maybe that's how we can spend our only vacation this year. Drive all the way to Niagra (we live in Alberta) for my landing~~~~~ LOL!

llpeters08

Jul 11, 2012
Shylox or Ivan - Can you update the spreadsheet one last time for me? I landed yesterday (24 Feb) at Bluewater Bridge in Sarnia. Landing was super stress-free with only about a ten minute wait before they called my number.

Good luck to the rest! Glad to see Ottawa moving quicker!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
llpeters08 said:
Shylox or Ivan - Can you update the spreadsheet one last time for me? I landed yesterday (24 Feb) at Bluewater Bridge in Sarnia. Landing was super stress-free with only about a ten minute wait before they called my number.

Good luck to the rest! Glad to see Ottawa moving quicker!
Deli service at the border.... Congratulations - you're now yellow!