+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

Canuck_28

Oct 5, 2011
We got our PPR December 12th!!!!! Apparently our app was transferred down to Los Angeles, so they requested my wife's actual passport - hurried and sent December 13th. Hoping to get it back some in the new year (typical CIC hurry up and wait!)

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Canuck_28 said:
We got our PPR December 12th!!!!! Apparently our app was transferred down to Los Angeles, so they requested my wife's actual passport - hurried and sent December 13th. Hoping to get it back some in the new year (typical CIC hurry up and wait!)
Yayy congrats! I updated your line on the spreadsheet for you =)

So they didn't even tell you that your file was transferred?

Canuck_28

Oct 5, 2011
Shylox said:
Yayy congrats! I updated your line on the spreadsheet for you =)

So they didn't even tell you that your file was transferred?
Thank you!!! Nope! Shocker - ha! So now she's without her US passport in Canada, and so close to the holidays. But we figured it was better to send it now and cancel holiday plans rather than prolong the process.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Canuck_28 said:
Thank you!!! Nope! Shocker - ha! So now she's without her US passport in Canada, and so close to the holidays. But we figured it was better to send it now and cancel holiday plans rather than prolong the process.
I would have to agree with you, you will have many many more holidays together to make plans, don't worry! =) I'm in Canada as well so if mine gets magically transferred to LA then I'll be here without a passport as well, but that wont be until the very end of January at the earliest. I have my extended visitors visa thingy still but I'm not sure if that counts for anything if you don't have the passport to go with it haha

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Canuck_28 said:
If she MUST get back into the US, she can do so - the CBP folks can make it difficult, but they have computerized records these days that allow them to confirm identity and citizenship easily. So she will need to go to secondary, but she would be successful eventually. Getting back into Canada without her passport would be a bit more difficult.

I know this has been said many times, but a Nexus card is a great investment - it makes crossing the border easier and you do NOT need your passport to cross a land border if you have a Nexus card.

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Canuck_28 said:
Congratulations Canuck_28 :)
Another May application PPR. Gives us hope.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
A passport is not required to enter Canada, they ask to see the passport coming into Canada because it's the American law that you have a passport tore- enter the US they don't want you "stuck" in Canada if you have a copy of the PPR and your receipt for mailing the passport to LA then they should be able to pull her case up and see that you are telling the truth. But I would just wait it out...

Parri

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-2012
File Transfer...
Feb 2014 to londonvia gcms notes
Med's Request
witing
Med's Done....
may 2012
Interview........
allah na karay
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
soon insha allah
LANDED..........
very soon :)
CPP-Ottawa

Hello dear senior members i have a question. Is the child care benefits also part of walfare? N can the CIC refuse the spouse sponsorship case on the base that the sponsored is getting canada/universal child care benefits

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Parri said:
Hello dear senior members i have a question. Is the child care benefits also part of walfare? N can the CIC refuse the spouse sponsorship case on the base that the sponsored is getting canada/universal child care benefits
No, child care benefits is not welfare.

Parri

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
witing
Med's Done....
may 2012
Interview........
allah na karay
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
soon insha allah
LANDED..........
parker24 said:
No, child care benefits is not welfare.
Thanks for reply. So u mean it doesn't have effect on spousal sponsorship case, its a right of canadian born child?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Parri said:
Thanks for reply. So u mean it doesn't have effect on spousal sponsorship case, its a right of canadian born child?
That's right. Any CDN/PR parent whose child is a CDN citizen, can get the benefit :)

Parri

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
witing
Med's Done....
may 2012
Interview........
allah na karay
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
soon insha allah
LANDED..........
parker24 said:
That's right. Any CDN/PR parent whose child is a CDN citizen, can get the benefit :)
Thanks

S.Stevens

Jun 16, 2010
I got an email from CPP-O asking me to send my FBI record along with paying the PR fee... Both of which I did back in June (along with my passport copy). I even checked the address and I sent it to the right place.

At least the subject is called 'Final Request'. Hoping tomorrow's phone call gets this settled and I don't have to redo the FBI record. I have the receipt for the fee, so I know I won't have to redo that at least.

17 months since we started and I can finally see the end. (As long as I don't get shoved at the back of the list because they didn't see they already had these papers?)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
S.Stevens said:
I got an email from CPP-O asking me to send my FBI record along with paying the PR fee... Both of which I did back in June (along with my passport copy). I even checked the address and I sent it to the right place.

At least the subject is called 'Final Request'. Hoping tomorrow's phone call gets this settled and I don't have to redo the FBI record. I have the receipt for the fee, so I know I won't have to redo that at least.

17 months since we started and I can finally see the end. (As long as I don't get shoved at the back of the list because they didn't see they already had these papers?)
It sounds to me like they lost them. Plus, if it is the "final request" they're saying they will abandon your application if you don't respond. I hope you have a signature that they received it - if not, it's the same effect (legally) as tossing it in the nearest rubbish bin. If you have a receipt they received something, you are in a much better position.

So I'm betting the call centre will tell you to re-do the paperwork. Assuming you kept a copy of the RPRF fee receipt, you can just send another copy of that. I'd also suggest ordering a copy of your GCMS notes.

S.Stevens

Jun 16, 2010
The call center checked our file and there is no record that they received my FBI record. They told me to email them explaining I already sent them and go from there.

Just got an email back saying they have it. :) Phew! They asked for another copy of my passport and I could just send it to them via email. Yay!