Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
I cannot express how much I hate being on the phone with these people, it's almost as bad as dealing with the rays of sunshine they have working at the boarder and customs in the airport.

Will report back as soon as I know something, thanks again guys. =)

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Shylox said:
I cannot express how much I hate being on the phone with these people, it's almost as bad as dealing with the rays of sunshine they have working at the boarder and customs in the airport.

Will report back as soon as I know something, thanks again guys. =)
Yup I hear ya, I called them last week in the feeble hope that my redone meds were showing in the system (I know its only been 5 weeks but hey you can hope). And they weren't. :-\

Joy.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Shylox said:
1: They just used one of my passport copies I sent in with my visa extensions, and I should be happy.
I'm kind of intrigued by this option - it would be quite sensible if your passport isn't expiring any time soon. My wife and kids' passports all have several years left, so I'd be quite happy to skip PPR and go straight to getting COPR in the mail. I hope this is what happened!

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
IvanP said:
I'm kind of intrigued by this option - it would be quite sensible if your passport isn't expiring any time soon. My wife and kids' passports all have several years left, so I'd be quite happy to skip PPR and go straight to getting COPR in the mail. I hope this is what happened!
It's basically brand new, and since US passports take 10 years to expire it has a while to go lol But, these copies are sent to Vegreville, not Ottawa. I just don't know if maybe they would use one that's on file even if it was put there for a different purpose.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Shylox said:
It's basically brand new, and since US passports take 10 years to expire it has a while to go lol But, these copies are sent to Vegreville, not Ottawa. I just don't know if maybe they would use one that's on file even if it was put there for a different purpose.
One would think they'd want to reduce their workload by eliminating the extra steps, if not for our sake, then for their own sake. It's more work for them when they review the file (that already has a copy of a passport that's going to be valid for years), then request yet another copy just 'cause, then wait for the copy, then match it with the applicants' file, then do the COPR. That's a colossally stupid system right there.

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Shylox said:
I am very confused right now. I decided to check ecas just for the hell of it and it says this:

I'm confused because as most of you know, I haven't gotten PPR. So my three conclusions are these:

1: They just used one of my passport copies I sent in with my visa extensions, and I should be happy.
2: It's a rejection, and I should be very very sad.
or 3: ecas is stupid and I should ignore it and not freak out.

Which do you guys think I should do? lol

I'm voting for #1 or #3 or better yet the #4 amikety suggested ;D

Stay positive.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
IvanP said:
One would think they'd want to reduce their workload by eliminating the extra steps, if not for our sake, then for their own sake. It's more work for them when they review the file (that already has a copy of a passport that's going to be valid for years), then request yet another copy just 'cause, then wait for the copy, then match it with the applicants' file, then do the COPR. That's a colossally stupid system right there.
Of course I agree but if you ask me, a lot of their system is colossally stupid. ::)

And thanks Canuck, I'm trying, I decided to make my wife call them in the morning because I don't want to hear the answer LOL

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
IvanP said:
I sent in a complete copy of my passport along with the application in hopes they'd just use it. They required I send in the physical passport (LA), but it sure would have been nice.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Shylox said:
And thanks Canuck, I'm trying, I decided to make my wife call them in the morning because I don't want to hear the answer LOL
I'm betting they won't have an answer, since it's not an inland application - they'll probably just say "you will have to wait until you hear from the visa office". But seriously, they don't just send rejections without something in advance - procedural fairness requires you be given an opportunity to address any real concerns they have.

So I think there are two possible options here: (1) they sent your COPR to you; or (2) e-cas is broken. If it is a rejection, it would be a very screwy one and I'd expect it to be overturned.

I know what agony it is to see DM online like this. That happened on my first application and it took me almost two weeks to get the letter (it was sent to my attorney who was away for Christmas). The decision letter was sent on 22 December. I was in NYC in early January for work - in the same building as the visa office that wrote the letter. I tried to get a copy from them and they refused to give it to me so I had to wait until I could find out from my attorney. It was a miserable experience at the time.

To say I'm not fond of CIC as an entity would be putting it kindly.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
computergeek said:
I'm betting they won't have an answer, since it's not an inland application - they'll probably just say "you will have to wait until you hear from the visa office". But seriously, they don't just send rejections without something in advance - procedural fairness requires you be given an opportunity to address any real concerns they have.

So I think there are two possible options here: (1) they sent your COPR to you; or (2) e-cas is broken. If it is a rejection, it would be a very screwy one and I'd expect it to be overturned.

I know what agony it is to see DM online like this. That happened on my first application and it took me almost two weeks to get the letter (it was sent to my attorney who was away for Christmas). The decision letter was sent on 22 December. I was in NYC in early January for work - in the same building as the visa office that wrote the letter. I tried to get a copy from them and they refused to give it to me so I had to wait until I could find out from my attorney. It was a miserable experience at the time.

To say I'm not fond of CIC as an entity would be putting it kindly.
You might be right but it's worth a try anyway. At least then I'll know if they need anything from me. It's been a week since they supposedly starting processing my application so maybe they magically sent out the COPR and it just hasn't gotten here (Vancouver) yet since it takes like 2 weeks to get anything from over there. =\

Thanks for the insight, I'm sure this is all a misunderstanding since ecas causes more confusion than it does clarity, we shall see.

barefoot

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-06-2013
Hi ;) can you please add me to the spreadsheet!

Visa Office: Ottawa
Medicals Done: Sept 10, 2012
Application sent: Dec 9, 2012
Application Received Dec 11, 2012
Stage 1 AOR: Jan 8, 2013
Sponsorship Approval: Jan 10, 2013

Shylox,
For my sponsorship approval I never received any email.. it just suddenly changed in ECAS to decision made and that a letter had been sent to my home ( im also in Vancouver). I got a bit worried since everyone was receiving emails, and Sweden assured me it was approved since I wasn't asked any other type of documents before it changed to decision made.
I was still unsure so I called CIC and the guy on the phone told me basically what ECAS said and that a letter had been mailed to me. I kindly asked him if he was able to tell me what that decision was... and the guy was kind enough to tell me that it was an approval. So I am pretty sure It's nothing negative and hopefully if you call they will be able to tell you.
Good luck ;)

Seeing everyone getting their PPR its making me hopeful! I hope it speeds up soon all the way to December!....
BTW Congratulations everyone that is nearing the end of this long and painful process :D

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
barefoot said:
Hi ;) can you please add me to the spreadsheet!

Visa Office: Ottawa
Medicals Done: Sept 10, 2012
Application sent: Dec 9, 2012
Application Received Dec 11, 2012
Stage 1 AOR: Jan 8, 2013
Sponsorship Approval: Jan 10, 2013

Shylox,
For my sponsorship approval I never received any email.. it just suddenly changed in ECAS to decision made and that a letter had been sent to my home ( im also in Vancouver). I got a bit worried since everyone was receiving emails, and Sweden assured me it was approved since I wasn't asked any other type of documents before it changed to decision made.
I was still unsure so I called CIC and the guy on the phone told me basically what ECAS said and that a letter had been mailed to me. I kindly asked him if he was able to tell me what that decision was... and the guy was kind enough to tell me that it was an approval. So I am pretty sure It's nothing negative and hopefully if you call they will be able to tell you.
Good luck ;)

Seeing everyone getting their PPR its making me hopeful! I hope it speeds up soon all the way to December!....
BTW Congratulations everyone that is nearing the end of this long and painful process :D
I added you =)

And thanks, I'm mostly just confused since they completely skipped a step of the process if what ecas says is actually true. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get a nice rep on the phone tomorrow. lol

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
Shylox said:
I added you =)

And thanks, I'm mostly just confused since they completely skipped a step of the process if what ecas says is actually true. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get a nice rep on the phone tomorrow. lol
I didn't know you can call Ottawa. Try to sleep and hopefully you can get more info tomorrow. Is your application very straightforward? If so then it would also make me wonder why they didn't request an interview if they had any doubts. It could be Ecas just messing up with people too. If you can a hold of them at least they should be able to verify they have your correct email address.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
lunas said:
I didn't know you can call Ottawa. Try to sleep and hopefully you can get more info tomorrow. Is your application very straightforward? If so then it would also make me wonder why they didn't request an interview if they had any doubts. It could be Ecas just messing up with people too. If you can a hold of them at least they should be able to verify they have your correct email address.
I can't call Ottawa as far as i know, but I can at least try the CIC call center. As computergeek mentioned they might just tell me nothing because to them Ottawa isn't in Canada and they only have access to inland apps but it's worth a try.

Ours was pretty straight forward. I honestly don't think it was rejected, its in the back of my head, but it just wouldn't make sense, they wouldn't just reject an application without even trying to do an interview or request additional documents or anything.

It could also be nothing and ecas is just a piece of crap, I wouldn't be surprised at all lol

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Shylox said:
You might be right but it's worth a try anyway. At least then I'll know if they need anything from me. It's been a week since they supposedly starting processing my application so maybe they magically sent out the COPR and it just hasn't gotten here (Vancouver) yet since it takes like 2 weeks to get anything from over there. =\

Thanks for the insight, I'm sure this is all a misunderstanding since ecas causes more confusion than it does clarity, we shall see.
Ah, you're in my area of the world (I live downtown).

This is a maddening process - seriously, it impairs one's ability to think clearly about almost anything, at least in my experience.

In my experience, e-cas goes to DM about 3 days after they print the COPR, so if that is the case they would have printed it last Friday or perhaps Monday and mailed it the following day (so Monday or Tuesday). Coming from Ottawa, that would take about a week, so I'd keep my eye out for something to arrive next week.