+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

Amaljohan

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
My AOR is Nov 20th (FSWO) and my file transferred to Ottawa (due to work overload) from CIO on Nov 28th. After transferring i haven't got any updates till i order my GCMS on April 03 and after that one ghost mail after 14 days.
Medicals - Passed
Background - Not Started
DOnt know how long will it take. Any idea or similar timelines?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Amaljohan said:
My AOR is Nov 20th (FSWO) and my file transferred to Ottawa (due to work overload) from CIO on Nov 28th. After transferring i haven't got any updates till i order my GCMS on April 03 and after that one ghost mail after 14 days.
Medicals - Passed
Background - Not Started
DOnt know how long will it take. Any idea or similar timelines?
is this a spousal sponsorship application? where is the applicant from?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Amaljohan said:
No I'm EE FSW Outland applicant from Sri Lanka.
then you will want to ask this question on the FSW board on this forum. This board is specific to spousal and other family sponsorships, and the board particularly is 99% people who go through that stream. You will be more successful getting an accurate response when you post this on the FSW board.

kawafam0919

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
30-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2015
Hey everyone!

I haven't commented on this thread in a while... Just an update! We received our Decision Made on May 29!! We hadn't heard anything from Ottawa since but today we got an email for final requests from CIC (new photos/payment/etc). I'm a little surprised it took this long but hey, the most important thing is that we got it :) :)

So...I was just wondering if I could get some confirmation. My partner is Japanese and Japan is visa exempt. But since March Japan nationals visiting Canada require an eTA. But they are still considered visa exempt so this means he doesn't need to submit his passport, correct? Just updated photos. Also it says in the email if we are outside Canada to mail these documents to the Visa Application Centre (for us that's in Tokyo). So we should send it there rather than Ottawa which is where his application was processed, right? Sorry if this all seems straight forward and my questions are silly I just want to make sure we get it right the first time!

Canada1122

Jun 22, 2016
Hey all! Just wondering what the typical processing time is once your application gets sent to the Ottawa office?

I received my sponsorship approval this week and they forwarded our application to Ottawa - we applied outland for my husband who is from the UK (we have all documents submitted and paid all of the fees already).

Thanks in advance!

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
Ummy said:
Hi everyone,

My husband landed on 20 March but still hasn't received the PR card in the mail. Does it take this long? It's over 2 months now. What's your experience around this?

Thanks.
I landed in April and I haven't received mine yet either. They told me it takes up to 3 months. I received my OHIP card already so I am hoping the PR card will be here soon.

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi
is CPC-Ottowa process applications from VISA EXEMPT countries ONLY?
What about Principle applicant fromUSA (Green card holder)?

thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2calgary said:
hi
is CPC-Ottowa process applications from VISA EXEMPT countries ONLY?
What about Principle applicant fromUSA (Green card holder)?

thanks
it's hard to say what countries they are going to continue to push through ottawa. Yes, generally, greencard holders in the US are processed through Ottawa, though it can't be guaranteed these applicants will see a quick process. CIC still needs to verify background information from the person's home country, so there could be delays in those countries responding to requests.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Hey all,

I don't use the forums much anymore. However, I helped a friend fill out an application - Outland. CPP-Ottawa. She received COPR in 3 months total. They never even received her corrected FBI check (she included a letter of explanation and a letter of dismissal from the court, her original FBI check did not show the dismissal). Was a very pleasant surprise. She hasn't even gotten the FBI check and has already landed, lmao.

Best of luck to everyone!

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
Amalthea said:
Hey all,

I don't use the forums much anymore. However, I helped a friend fill out an application - Outland. CPP-Ottawa. She received COPR in 3 months total. They never even received her corrected FBI check (she included a letter of explanation and a letter of dismissal from the court, her original FBI check did not show the dismissal). Was a very pleasant surprise. She hasn't even gotten the FBI check and has already landed, lmao.

Best of luck to everyone!
Wow... she is very lucky. I didn't even know that was allowed. Congratulations to your friend.

Many Ottawa members here submitted their applications without the FBI check due to the current wait (as per the tracking sheet) and Ottawa issued an additional document request asking for it. There are a number of people from the last week of May/first week of June patiently waiting, our file included. I hope some of your friend's luck rubs off on us!

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
They requested a current copy (since hers wasn't correct), she emailed back or wrote them (not sure which) explaining the situation, and they just flat our approved her.

My "lmao" was laughing at CIC, btw, since they are so inconsistent and ridiculous. And also at the FBI, because what the hell wait times.

When I applied people were very hesitant to apply w/o the FBI check, I'm sad it's still an issue 2 years later! However they must be used to it by now.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Hoping it is over sooner than later for ya'll..:) hang in there

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
Amalthea said:
Hoping it is over sooner than later for ya'll..:) hang in there
Thanks, fingers and toes and pretty much everything crossed, lol. Whoever got her file must have been having a great day!

And yeah, I figured the 'lol' was for that reason. It really seems it's up to the officer on the file. I'm beginning to wonder if officers are assigned in batches per week. Whoever got the last week of May/first week of June either really likes vacation, has a ton of files, or is very careful with their approvals! We really hope to hear good news soon.

That said I realize Ottawa is 'fast' compared to other VOs so we are lucky. I just hope everything is okay.

The FBI wait time is really crazy now... but so is the wait for marriage certificates in Ontario (took 16 weeks).

Based on the spreadsheet it looked like 'most' (at least those participating in the sheet) were submitting without the FBI. They gave us an incredible 90 days to respond with the FBI, so it's obviously still a problem. Thankfully ours came in the week after the document request, but sending it in ASAP didn't seem to make a difference.

Well, back to hoping... At least it's Friday. 8)