Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
My health card arrived today (well, technically yesterday I guess, but I only just checked the mail)!! Now if only my PR card would show up, too....

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
JamesinCanada said:
Sorry you're going through such a tough time. I know that CIC can be aggravating! I'm not sure what they're doing with my application either. I don't have to contend with a car accident and financial issues at the moment, though. You've made it this far, so you're a very strong person. You can make it a little further. Just hang on one day at a time. Don't worry too much about the future. It shouldn't be too long I hope for you and I both. They're just getting back into the swing of things after the holidays.

Thank you for your kind words. I submitted his application back in April. in 3 months it will be a year since I have submitted his application. I really don’t know what to think anymore. Most of the April applicants for US have their PR already. I don’t understand why this is happening to me. I can’t anymore! sigh :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
CharisseyB said:
Thank you for your kind words. I submitted his application back in April. in 3 months it will be a year since I have submitted his application. I really don’t know what to think anymore. Most of the April applicants for US have their PR already. I don’t understand why this is happening to me. I can’t anymore! sigh :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
If worse comes to worse try visiting your local MP. I've heard of them helping before. I haven't found I needed to go this way, yet. If they lost my FBI clearance like I hope they didn't.... but they could have... this is what I plan to do. Right now I'm waiting on them, but if something goes wrong I'm going this way. I would give them the 10 month mark that it usually takes for U.S. citizens at most. After this mark, if you don't hear anything, contact MP.

Have you tried to get your notes, yet? I haven't but apparently you can find out really useful information this way.

Illiasnie

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24, 2015
AOR Received.
August 26, 2015
File Transfer...
September 18, 2015
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
July 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2016
LANDED..........
Planning for May 14
CharisseyB said:
Well hello guys,

Just an update on what is happening in my life and not happening in my husband’s papers...

After my mom got hit by a car last December 19, 2015, on our way home from a dr’s visit, somebody rear- ended our car, so I am now also injured. Since October 2015, my husband’s application has not been touched when CIC told me that they have “updated” his application. for 3 months, nothing has been down in his papers, meanwhile, I am in a whole lot of pain and I am totally giving up. I cannot do this anymore. I am so fed up with this system. I did not make any mistakes, they assumed my husband had kids based on pictures that were clearly labeled nephews, niece and now I have to suffer. While I wait on my husband, I am not in the best of health. Great job CIC. Great job my life! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I understand what you're going through, to a point. I was just involved in an accident where someone turned improperly and we weren't able to get out of the way in time (and in a new car that I'd purchased less than a month earlier to replace the one my sister totalled).

It's really hard to keep looking forward and hoping that tomorrow will be a better day, but it'll be worth it in the end. Just keep smiling and remembering how happy you are with you're SO. Eventually things will get better!

CamL-W

Jun 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-June-2015
Doc's Request.
03-December-2015
AOR Received.
SA Letter: 13-August-2015
File Transfer...
In Process : 06-August-2015
Med's Done....
09-March-2015
Passport Req..
New Imm Pics : 03-December-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 10-January-2016 / COPR: 19-January-2016
I just checked Ecas and my husband got DM!!! I still can't believe it. I'm still shaking!

Applied: June 1st 2015
CIC asked for new Immigration Pictures: Dec. 3rd 2015
CIC received new Immigration Pictures: Dec. 10th 2015
Decision Made: January 10th 2016

PortugalPhil

Dec 1, 2015
CamL-W said:
I just checked Ecas and my husband got DM!!! I still can't believe it. I'm still shaking!

Applied: June 1st 2015
CIC asked for new Immigration Pictures: Dec. 3rd 2015
CIC received new Immigration Pictures: Dec. 10th 2015
Decision Made: January 10th 2016
congratulations CamL-W!!
That's an amazing good news to share!
Blessings !

superkev

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Congratulations guys. How do i go about ordering case notes?? Applied May 20th. Hoping for some movement this month. Hate this waiting around

spinning_sponsor

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015 and 02-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
IN PROCESS 09-10-2015 DM 11-02-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Guess I'll be reaching out to my local MP this week. Since June applicants are now getting approved and I'm sitting here with an early May application that hasn't moved.

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
spinning_sponsor said:
Guess I'll be reaching out to my local MP this week. Since June applicants are now getting approved and I'm sitting here with an early May application that hasn't moved.
That's not so weird, yet. Some people from March US are still waiting I think. I personally wouldn't start getting on them unless they've made a mistake on your file, or it's been 11 months or so, since most people from US seem to get approved (or not) within 10 months.

nyctomtl

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 August 2015
Doc's Request.
11 January 2016 CSQ
AOR Received.
16 September 2015
File Transfer...
07 October 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06 August 2015
Passport Req..
Decision Made 5 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 8 Feb 2016
LANDED..........
20 Feb 2016
Received a request for documents today from Ottawa. They are asking for my Quebec Selection Certificate. I am a bit surprised they are asking for this via email (and not hardcopy original). I thought that this was one of the documents that had to be hardcopy. Quote from the email I received:

"Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the e-mail address indicated below."

The email doesn't even contain a physical address.. And on the CPC-O website, under FAQ, it says:

Scan and e-mail documents (other than police certificates) to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Send original Police Certificates to:

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

Sounds like the only original document they want is the FBI report.

Anyone in a similar situation? My instinct was to send a scan via email AND a hardcopy original via registered mail but now I'm thinking the email is sufficient. Thoughts?

jholl

Jan 11, 2016
Hi everyone! I've been using this forum for a few months but first time posting here. I just received my sponsor approval letter in an e-mail but my wife and I are confused about a couple of things.

First off we were assuming and hoping that the application would be forwarded to the Sao Paulo office (5 months or less wait time) as I am from Brazil, however it has been sent to CPC-Ottawa (I believe because I am currently in Canada on a PGWP). It seems like Ottawa usually has a relatively quick turnaround so this isn't the end of the world. Is there any way (and is it worth it) to have the application sent to Sao Paulo instead?

also, in the letter we received it states:
"Requirement for Medical Examination

If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original
Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-
front Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination
and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy
of this letter. If you have not already submitted a medical, your application has been transferred to the
visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must forward the medical information directly to the visa
office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and
possible refusal of your relative's application."

does every letter say this or are they informing me there is some kind of issue with the Upfront Medical Report we have sent along with the complete application? CIC sometimes communicates in ways that are not too straight forward...

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
spinning_sponsor said:

I am an april applicant. they made a mistake on my husband’s file and now i have to suffer. i have injuries and my husband can’t afford to come here and i live with my parents. they don’t want us to live with them. they only want me to be with them cause i can help outwit their needs. how about that right... so your situation is totally better than mine.

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
JamesinCanada said:
If worse comes to worse try visiting your local MP. I've heard of them helping before. I haven't found I needed to go this way, yet. If they lost my FBI clearance like I hope they didn't.... but they could have... this is what I plan to do. Right now I'm waiting on them, but if something goes wrong I'm going this way. I would give them the 10 month mark that it usually takes for U.S. citizens at most. After this mark, if you don't hear anything, contact MP.

Have you tried to get your notes, yet? I haven't but apparently you can find out really useful information this way.

I have ordered notes, since October, nothing has changed apart from the file being transferred in queue to be reviewed. And when they said they have “updated” his file, they never updated anything! They lied to me. They submitted it for review. So it is in a shelf somewhere waiting to be seen. So his application is going to rot there while I rot here with my injuries. I am so fed up. I am depressed and I don’t know what to do anymore. Everything is piling up on me and my life is just not ending with any bad luck. I am done.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
jholl said:
Hi everyone! I've been using this forum for a few months but first time posting here. I just received my sponsor approval letter in an e-mail but my wife and I are confused about a couple of things.

First off we were assuming and hoping that the application would be forwarded to the Sao Paulo office (5 months or less wait time) as I am from Brazil, however it has been sent to CPC-Ottawa (I believe because I am currently in Canada on a PGWP). It seems like Ottawa usually has a relatively quick turnaround so this isn't the end of the world. Is there any way (and is it worth it) to have the application sent to Sao Paulo instead?

also, in the letter we received it states:
"Requirement for Medical Examination

If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original
Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-
front Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination
and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy
of this letter. If you have not already submitted a medical, your application has been transferred to the
visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must forward the medical information directly to the visa
office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and
possible refusal of your relative's application."

does every letter say this or are they informing me there is some kind of issue with the Upfront Medical Report we have sent along with the complete application? CIC sometimes communicates in ways that are not too straight forward...
They all say that - there are a couple "if you haven't already done so" statements in the part you quoted...so if you've already submitted the medicals upfront, you are fine.

mgrandolini

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Dublin
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
Doc's Request.
Batch Email 23-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-12-2015 COPR: 22-01-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
Hey guys,

We applied to London and our application was processed in Ottawa. We got DM on December 17 and got the "ready for visa" email requesting us to send photos to London. We sent them the next day, to date we have not heard anything or received anything (COPR). Does anyone know who we should contact in regards to this or are we panicking way too early?