File Transfer...
18-06-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
I swear, CPC-Ottawa only seems to move when they are prompted.

I sent a change of address request on November 2. After a month, eCAS still hadn't updated to show the new address. When the system updated to "Decision Made" on December 3, I got really nervous so I fired them an email asking to confirm the address change was complete. A couple of days later? Address on eCAS was updated.

Three weeks after going into "Decision Made", we had not seen our COPR arrive in the mail. I was worried it had been sent to my wife's old US address and had not been forwarded or otherwise been lost. So, on December 23 I fired them another email asking if they could confirm the COPR had been sent and to what address. A week later (December 30) I got an email stating "Your COPR was sent again by regular mail on 24/12/2015". (Emphasis mine)

So, it sounds to me like the COPR had either been sent earlier and lost, or they hadn't sent it at all and used Canada Post as a convenient scapegoat. Either way, it seems more than a coincidence that nothing happens with our application until after I send a friendly email asking them to look at something. eCAS still doesn't show the fourth line about "We sent correspondence..." but since the COPR was waiting in our mailbox when we got back from Christmas vacation yesterday (Yahoo! ;D), I'm not too worried about that.

If the weather stays decent, we're going to drive down to the border next weekend and complete the landing process.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
DanOCan said:
I swear, CPC-Ottawa only seems to move when they are prompted.

I sent a change of address request on November 2. After a month, eCAS still hadn't updated to show the new address. When the system updated to "Decision Made" on December 3, I got really nervous so I fired them an email asking to confirm the address change was complete. A couple of days later? Address on eCAS was updated.

Three weeks after going into "Decision Made", we had not seen our COPR arrive in the mail. I was worried it had been sent to my wife's old US address and had not been forwarded or otherwise been lost. So, on December 23 I fired them another email asking if they could confirm the COPR had been sent and to what address. A week later (December 30) I got an email stating "Your COPR was sent again by regular mail on 24/12/2015". (Emphasis mine)

So, it sounds to me like the COPR had either been sent earlier and lost, or they hadn't sent it at all and used Canada Post as a convenient scapegoat. Either way, it seems more than a coincidence that nothing happens with our application until after I send a friendly email asking them to look at something. eCAS still doesn't show the fourth line about "We sent correspondence..." but since the COPR was waiting in our mailbox when we got back from Christmas vacation yesterday (Yahoo! ;D), I'm not too worried about that.

If the weather stays decent, we're going to drive down to the border next weekend and complete the landing process.
Congratulations! Mine came on December 31st and took 10 days to arrive in California. Looking to land by January 31st.

TJ_TO

Sep 25, 2015
ChellyCat said:
This was my experience too. I was told I'd get coverage beginning January 5, and I landed October 5. One thing I'm not so sure of though, is I applied for OHIP on December 23. I asked when I'd receive the health card, and she told me it would be "a couple weeks before that" (ie, a couple weeks before Jan. 5)... which technically I already WAS a couple weeks before that date lol. I assume with holidays there will be some delays. Anyone know how long after applying you receive the card?
I asked how long it takes to received a health card if I did not have to wait the 3 month period. I was told about 4 to 6 weeks from date of application. Maybe you will get it sooner.

Baffled

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-31-2015
Doc's Request.
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law 01-04-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
08-04-2015 (10-01-2015: PR In Process)
File Transfer...
Fingerprint Background Check (Canada) 02-18-2016
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
May-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016
Anyone have any information about exporting/importing personal vehicles into Canada? BC?

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
Baffled said:
Anyone have any information about exporting/importing personal vehicles into Canada? BC?
I made a post about car importing here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-car-import-experience-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-us-can-t390731.0.html

Baffled

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-31-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
May-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016
ChellyCat said:
I made a post about car importing here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-car-import-experience-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-us-can-t390731.0.html
Thanks!

Baffled

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-31-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
May-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016
We have finally heard word from CPC Ottawa, seen below:

Date: January 4, 2016

Name: xxx xxx xxx

UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application: xxxxxxxxxx
Email: xxx.xxx@xxx.com

Dear xxx xxx xxx:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø UCI xxxxxxxx - Name: xxx xxx xxx:

Ø Statutory Declaration of Common-Law IMM5409: Submit a signed and completed Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union form (IMM 5409) bearing original signatures. The form can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5409E.pdf. This must be received at this office by: 2016/02/18

Please note:

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal and/or delay of your application.

Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.

If we have asked you to send us several documents, you are required to submit all the documents together. Do not send documents one at a time. You should include your name and file number (which is indicated in the subject line) in all your correspondence.

We do not acknowledge receipt of mail or documents. If you send mail by courier to our office and you want to ensure that it has arrived, please check with the courier company. We will not respond to enquiries asking to confirm receipt of documents/emails/ information.

If you are unable to submit the requested document(s) within the timeframe given, you must notify our office before the due date ­and you must provide an explanation as to why you are unable to submit the documents within the given timeframe.

It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide our office is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the information or documents you have submitted.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (CPC-O)

We did not provide this documentation because of what the check list described it as:

Original of completed Statutory Decloration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409), if you have a co-signer and he or she is your common-law partner.

Also in the instruction guide it states the following:

This form must be completed and signed by the sponsor and common-law partner, only if the latter is a co-signer on the application.

Since there is no co-signer involved why do we need to provide this documentation? There has been no mention of a co-signer within any part of the application, so why are they asking for this?

Additionally, what document are they seeking when listing Ø UCI xxxxxxxx - Name: xxx xxx xxx: as one of the documents requested?

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Baffled said:
Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application
Original of completed Statutory Decloration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409), if you have a co-signer and he or she is your common-law partner.

Also in the instruction guide it states the following:

This form must be completed and signed by the sponsor and common-law partner, only if the latter is a co-signer on the application.

Since there is no co-signer involved why do we need to provide this documentation?
Hello. Ive got a question. What do they mean by co-signer? If me partner is sponsor, myself is PA, who is co-signer is this case?

extreme001

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
White Plains, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2015
AOR Received.
June 11, 2015
File Transfer...
July 27, 2015, IP: October 9, 2015, DM: November 26, 2015
Med's Done....
April 29, 2015
Passport Req..
November 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 8, 2015
LANDED..........
January 23, 2016 (YVR Airport)
vladikim said:
Hello. Ive got a question. What do they mean by co-signer? If me partner is sponsor, myself is PA, who is co-signer is this case?
In this case, you do not have a co-signer.

spinning_sponsor

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015 and 02-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
IN PROCESS 09-10-2015 DM 11-02-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
So I guess its mostly confirmed that Ottawa shuts down for several weeks around Christmas? Must be nice for them to get so much vacation :eek:

CamL-W

Jun 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-June-2015
Doc's Request.
03-December-2015
AOR Received.
SA Letter: 13-August-2015
File Transfer...
In Process : 06-August-2015
Med's Done....
09-March-2015
Passport Req..
New Imm Pics : 03-December-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 10-January-2016 / COPR: 19-January-2016
spinning_sponsor said:
So I guess its mostly confirmed that Ottawa shuts down for several weeks around Christmas? Must be nice for them to get so much vacation :eek:
I think Ottawa is shut down for two weeks max. Pace of work might be slower the closer they get to Christmas though.

DanOCan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-05-2015
File Transfer...
18-06-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
So, guess what was in our mailbox yesterday? A second COPR -- well, actually, it was the first one.

It seems this is what happened:

November 2: Submitted online form to update address to our Canadian residence
December 3: eCAS went to DM and COPR was sent to the old address in the States
December 24: In response to a case-specific email I sent, they emailed a second COPR to our Canadian address
January 2: The COPR that was mailed Dec. 24 was in our mailbox.
January 7: The COPR that was mailed Dec. 3 was in our mailbox after being forwarded by the USPS.

It amazes me that it takes so long for a simple change of address to be completed, especially when you are submitting the information online. We're going to bring both COPRs with us for our landing this weekend, just in case. We'll leave one in the car and won't bring it in with us to avoid potential confusion.

desolate

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre: Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
12th April 2018
AOR Received.
29th May 2018
File Transfer...
In process since July 12 2018, File transferred to Scarborough, Ontario on May 24th 2019
Interview........
September 4th 2019 Citizenship Test/Interview
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
YAS finally got my passport back from Ottawa.

Passport sent: 19th Nov 2015
Passport received: 23rd November 2015.
Passport with Visa & COPR: 8th Jan 2015.

I have a question regarding COPR original date of entry in my case they put the wrong date as 2013 Dec but first entry in Canada was Aug 2011.
I'm aware that previous time spent as a resident without PR wont be counted for citizenship under the new law but current government have promised to change that (lets see how much time that takes).
How should i change my original date can i do that at the border while landing? please advise

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
Well hello guys,

Just an update on what is happening in my life and not happening in my husband’s papers...

After my mom got hit by a car last December 19, 2015, on our way home from a dr’s visit, somebody rear- ended our car, so I am now also injured. Since October 2015, my husband’s application has not been touched when CIC told me that they have “updated” his application. for 3 months, nothing has been down in his papers, meanwhile, I am in a whole lot of pain and I am totally giving up. I cannot do this anymore. I am so fed up with this system. I did not make any mistakes, they assumed my husband had kids based on pictures that were clearly labeled nephews, niece and now I have to suffer. While I wait on my husband, I am not in the best of health. Great job CIC. Great job my life! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
CharisseyB said:
Well hello guys,

Just an update on what is happening in my life and not happening in my husband’s papers...

After my mom got hit by a car last December 19, 2015, on our way home from a dr’s visit, somebody rear- ended our car, so I am now also injured. Since October 2015, my husband’s application has not been touched when CIC told me that they have “updated” his application. for 3 months, nothing has been down in his papers, meanwhile, I am in a whole lot of pain and I am totally giving up. I cannot do this anymore. I am so fed up with this system. I did not make any mistakes, they assumed my husband had kids based on pictures that were clearly labeled nephews, niece and now I have to suffer. While I wait on my husband, I am not in the best of health. Great job CIC. Great job my life! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Sorry you're going through such a tough time. I know that CIC can be aggravating! I'm not sure what they're doing with my application either. I don't have to contend with a car accident and financial issues at the moment, though. You've made it this far, so you're a very strong person. You can make it a little further. Just hang on one day at a time. Don't worry too much about the future. It shouldn't be too long I hope for you and I both. They're just getting back into the swing of things after the holidays.