Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
msbigshot said:
Seems Ottawa is moving again, just logged in this morning to a DM. :)
I actually went on to update my mailing address as I no longer live at my American one submitted. So that's my question...
I have my mail being forwarded so I'm assuming that it'll get forwarded. Should I bother changing my address online?
CONGRATS!! :)

Also, I would say yes to the address change. It doesn't hurt to try. I would change it then maybe try the call centre and tell them you're waiting for your COPR but your address has not updated in ecas so you want to make sure it's getting sent to the right place. They should be able to tell you what address they have on file.

blacknirvana

Star Member
Jul 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (COPR office London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 16th 2014
Doc's Request.
July 9th 2015
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
March 5th 2015
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
March 15th 2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Sep 9th 2014 (up-front)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
Oct 21st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Nov 6th 2015
LANDED..........
Planned landing Dec 15th 2015
Frustrated! :'(

We send in the papers to add our newborn son to the application a few months ago, and today we get an email saying "If either parent of the child is a Canadian citizen, you can make an application directly to the Consular Section of the Canadian High Commission/Embassy to obtain Canadian citizenship for your child", but we can't do that! My wife is born outside Canada to a Canadian parents and thereby gained citizenship by decent, because of changes to the laws in 2009 she can't pass on citizenship to him, something we have even talked with the embassy about, and we wrote in a follow letter when we sent in the papers! I would think they know their own laws!

What makes it worse is that in the email they link to information for the consulate in India, we live in Denmark!

I feel frustrated because there is no real way to reply to their e-mail because their answering time is months not the 20 days they advertise :(

To make everything worse, they also requested extra documentation to process my PR application, we sent it two weeks ago by post and now its stuck in Canadian customs :( Deadline for them to receive it is in three weeks and I don't know what to do. :-[

Do these people know the torture they put thousands of families through daily?

Details: Wife is Canadian (the sponsor), sponsoring me and not our four month old son (both Danish).

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
blacknirvana said:
Frustrated! :'(

We send in the papers to add our newborn son to the application a few months ago, and today we get an email saying "If either parent of the child is a Canadian citizen, you can make an application directly to the Consular Section of the Canadian High Commission/Embassy to obtain Canadian citizenship for your child", but we can't do that! My wife is born outside Canada to a Canadian parents and thereby gained citizenship by decent, because of changes to the laws in 2009 she can't pass on citizenship to him, something we have even talked with the embassy about, and we wrote in a follow letter when we sent in the papers! I would think they know their own laws!

What makes it worse is that in the email they link to information for the consulate in India, we live in Denmark!

I feel frustrated because there is no real way to reply to their e-mail because their answering time is months not the 20 days they advertise :(

To make everything worse, they also requested extra documentation to process my PR application, we sent it two weeks ago by post and now its stuck in Canadian customs :( Deadline for them to receive it is in three weeks and I don't know what to do. :-[

Do these people know the torture they put thousands of families through daily?

Details: Wife is Canadian (the sponsor), sponsoring me and not our four month old son (both Danish).
I advise you to contact your wife's MP in that case, since it seems your deadline for the extra documents is close, and the MP usually can get an extension until they actually receive the documents. They can also contact CIC for you to explain about your son. The only problem is that MP's work according to your address in Canada, so maybe figure out where your wife belongs (maybe where her parents live or something like that), call the MP and explain your situation. Many MP's are very helpful, although unfortunately there are some that aren't. Good luck!

blacknirvana

Star Member
Jul 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 16th 2014
Doc's Request.
July 9th 2015
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
March 5th 2015
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
March 15th 2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Sep 9th 2014 (up-front)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
Oct 21st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Nov 6th 2015
LANDED..........
Her MP is The Honourable Rona Ambrose which is currently the Minister of Health, I'm not sure she will answer the phone? :(

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
blacknirvana said:
Her MP is The Honourable Rona Ambrose which is currently the Minister of Health, I'm not sure she will answer the phone? :(
Usually you don't really get to speak with the MP. For me, when I needed help, MP's team did all the work, and they were extra polite, kind and helpful. Find the office number, and call, there's nothing to lose.

blacknirvana

Star Member
Jul 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 16th 2014
Doc's Request.
July 9th 2015
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
March 5th 2015
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
March 15th 2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Sep 9th 2014 (up-front)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
Oct 21st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Nov 6th 2015
LANDED..........
We have now contacted her office by e-mail voicing our concerns not only about our situation, but about the system in general and what at time seems like random processing procedures at the CIC. I'll update you when they reply.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
blacknirvana said:
We have now contacted her office by e-mail voicing our concerns not only about our situation, but about the system in general and what at time seems like random processing procedures at the CIC. I'll update you when they reply.
You will probably have to sign a release, so that they can contact CIC in your name, not sure how will that go, but I am sure if they want to help you they will find a way. Good luck!

Tollah

May 31, 2015
UK - London
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
Doc's Request.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
Hi Guys,

I am wondering if any one is able to help me with a new question and one I have not found an answer to on the forum so far. CPC Ottawa contacted me yesterday to ask this:

Your application has reached the final stage of processing. So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, you must now submit the documents listed below. (Note that family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship must travel on their Canadian passports.)

1. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications as detailed in Appendix A.
2. The “Updated Information Chart” in Appendix B, fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.
3. A photocopy of the photo and personal information pages of your passport and of the passport(s) of your accompanying spouse and dependent children to our office in London.[/pre][/pre]

Submit the documents within 30 days of the date of this correspondence according to the instructions in Appendix C. Please also include a copy of this correspondence with your submission. All documents for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package.

My question refers to the Appendix B form which has all the people which will accompany me (which is only me as the principal applicant) there is a section for Spouse / Partner. In this case my Spouse / Partner is also my sponsor and therefore I am unsure as to whether to include her on this as she is already a Canadian Citizen.

I have to say that a lot of the information they send out is very open to misinterpretation and I am by no means an idiot. If anyone has any information or if they have had this request I would really appreciate some assistance.

Thanks a million,

Tollah

egbarr83

Mar 14, 2015
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
17-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
04-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
We had the exact request this week and we took it to be for the Applicant only. My husband is Australian and being sponsored by me (Canadian). He only put his name on the information chart as my son and I are already Canadian we wouldn't be needing PR Cards. We like to joke that it is like figuring out a riddle sometimes with their e-mails and wordings... especially since it's near impossible to get help from CIC... this site is a big help though.

Congratulations, the end is in sight!

Hope this helps.

mtn_air

May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 16, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec 23, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 8, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Started processing June 29, DM on July 2, Visa arrived July 9!
LANDED..........
Aug 8 - Sault Ste Marie - PR CARD finally received in Feb, 2016!
msbigshot said:
I actually went on to update my mailing address as I no longer live at my American one submitted. So that's my question...
I have my mail being forwarded so I'm assuming that it'll get forwarded. Should I bother changing my address online?
Congrats msbigshot!!! I think your COPR will be on its way very quickly :D

OntarioBound

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2014
AOR Received.
7-3-2015 (SA-13-3-2015)
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 4-6-2015 or earlier
LANDED..........
8-7-2015
msbigshot said:
Congratulations!!!

I had a similar thing when I got my DM. In my case, I tried to change my CA address to my hubby's address (The address on my status page showed my CA address but I moved to NY and was visiting my husband more often than being in NY) but I didn't do the address change right so my address still showed my CA address when I got my DM . My mail was successfully forwarded to my NY address (It took over 2 weeks from the time CIC mailed to the day I got it in NY.)

In case you still want to change the address (or anybody else), this below is what I got from CIC when I called them asking to have my address changed. My address was changed on my status page a week after my DM and a week after I requested via online.

=============

How to submit a change of address/Email address request

In order to change your residential/mailing address and/or email address, please visit our website.

There are three options online:

The Change of Address service:

for certain applicants inside Canada who wish to change their address to another address inside Canada.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coa&lang=en

The Address Notification service:

for applicants who were previously located outside Canada, have recently immigrated and need to provide their new address inside Canada in order to receive their Permanent Resident Card.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coanotify&lang=en

The email form:

if you can't change your address online.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Please allow at least 5 business days for the address to be updated in your file.

If additional actions are required in your file (i.e., the processing times for your application have passed, you did not receive a correspondence that was sent to you, you wish to transfer your file to an office closer to your new home, etc.), you must fill out a separate email form and provide details pertaining to your request in the comment box.

For more information on changing an address online, please visit our Help Centre.

Thirdjonesgirl

Mar 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015 IP: 24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
22-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-06-2015 SA 17-06-2015 DM 2015-10-30
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
LANDED..........
08-12-2015
HI Everyone,

My husband and I have applied outland april 1st 2015. We received sponsorship approval on June 17th and told our application was going to be processed by CPC-Ottawa. We provided medicals up front and have recently received FBI clearance that we requested back in Feb. We sent off the document to CPC-Ottawa. I guess my question is more concerning being able to log into ECAS for my husband to obtain status. I, has his sponsor am able to log in right now and see that the DM was made regarding sponsorship but we cannot seem to log in under his name to know if his application was received at CPC yet or to find out any other information regarding his application.
Has anyone experienced this problem?

Also my husband is not American but has lived in the US for the past 5 years. How quick is CPC with processing applications? We are both living here in Ottawa, he is here on a visitor visa which we plan to extent or change. Realistically should we expect an answer before 12 months?

Thoughts and help appreciated!

OntarioBound

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2014
AOR Received.
7-3-2015 (SA-13-3-2015)
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 4-6-2015 or earlier
LANDED..........
8-7-2015
Thirdjonesgirl said:
HI Everyone,

I guess my question is more concerning being able to log into ECAS for my husband to obtain status. I, has his sponsor am able to log in right now and see that the DM was made regarding sponsorship but we cannot seem to log in under his name to know if his application was received at CPC yet or to find out any other information regarding his application.
Has anyone experienced this problem?
To see your husband's status, you will need to use Application Number (instead of UCI number) which is also listed in the SA letter, and then put your husband's name and his birth information, etc.

Thirdjonesgirl

Mar 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015 IP: 24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
22-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-06-2015 SA 17-06-2015 DM 2015-10-30
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
LANDED..........
08-12-2015
OntarioBound said:
To see your husband's status, you will need to use Application Number (instead of UCI number) which is also listed in the SA letter, and then put your husband's name and his birth information, etc.
Thanks! That worked! Althought no change atm, only that application was received. And they've got my husband's first name as his last name and vice versa.

Any idea how long a transfer from Mississaugua to CPC would normally take? Will I get a notification that CPC has received the application?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Thirdjonesgirl said:
Also my husband is not American but has lived in the US for the past 5 years. How quick is CPC with processing applications? We are both living here in Ottawa, he is here on a visitor visa which we plan to extent or change. Realistically should we expect an answer before 12 months?
What is his current status in the US and what is his nationality?