Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kitty410 said:
I have received similar emails (FBI clearance in March and my sponsor's tax return in June), but still haven't heard back from CIC.
Sorry, being "done" doesn't mean you don't have to wait.

From what I have observed, it appears CIC works on a scheduled batch model. Your file comes to the front of the queue, it gets examined and either approved, refused or they ask for additional information. If they ask for additional information, it goes into a schedule driven queue. So if they gave you 2 months to respond, they look at your file again in 2+ months. They then approve, refuse or request additional information.

My point was just that with that information the reasonable expectation is that the next time the file is reviewed it will be approved.

kitty410

Star Member
May 8, 2014
computergeek said:

From what I have observed, it appears CIC works on a scheduled batch model. Your file comes to the front of the queue, it gets examined and either approved, refused or they ask for additional information. If they ask for additional information, it goes into a schedule driven queue. So if they gave you 2 months to respond, they look at your file again in 2+ months. They then approve, refuse or request additional information.

My point was just that with that information the reasonable expectation is that the next time the file is reviewed it will be approved.
*sigh* Ok... They asked for additional document after the forwarding date.

well what if they asked for additional information on the same day, and I provided the document on that day? Is there any chance that they may look at my files before 2 months?

my medical exam is expiring soon, should I re-do it before they ask?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
kitty410 said:
*sigh* Ok... They asked for additional document after the forwarding date.

well what if they asked for additional information on the same day, and I provided the document on that day? Is there any chance that they may look at my files before 2 months?
no one can answer this question, because it depends on the visa office, the officer handling the file, and a whole bunch of other unique factors that can't be predicted. some people experience quick turnarounds and some people don't. there's no way to know why or how.

kitty410 said:
my medical exam is expiring soon, should I re-do it before they ask?
no, it's not worth paying money NOW for a medical you don't know for sure needs to be done. officers have the ability to extend medical exams that have been completed within 15 months, so your wallet's best bet is to wait until it is requested.

crawf307

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Connecticut USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-12-2013
Doc's Request.
27-5-2014
AOR Received.
3-1-2014
Med's Done....
8-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived Decision Made: 30-6-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Great news everyone! I just got the best early birthday present ever: Decision Made in ECAS!!!

We received my application for permanent residence on December 6, 2013.
We started processing my application on June 25, 2014.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on my application. The office will contact me concerning this decision.

And there is absolutely no way this is a negative decision, right? They requested my sponsor's proof of residency at the end of May and we supplied that within 1 day (lease, hydro bill, proof of enrolment at U of T and bank information). They haven't requested anything else since then.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
crawf307 said:
Great news everyone! I just got the best early birthday present ever: Decision Made in ECAS!!!

We received my application for permanent residence on December 6, 2013.
We started processing my application on June 25, 2014.
A decision has been made on my application. The office will contact me concerning this decision.

And there is absolutely no way this is a negative decision, right? They requested my sponsor's proof of residency at the end of May and we supplied that within 1 day (lease, hydro bill, proof of enrolment at U of T and bank information). They haven't requested anything else since then.
sounds like good news to me! congrats. let's hope ottawa keeps moving right along...

Millertimez

Jun 12, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Congrats Crawf307. It is good news.

May 29, 2014
Hi everyone.

Just a heads-up for all those who have been processed out of Ottawa-CPP (Pilot) and who plan to flagpole and land in Niagara.

I got my COPR last Wednesday, June 25, and went to Niagara evening of Thursday, June 26 to flagpole and land. I got to Canada Border by around 10pm.

After the Border Officer got my COPR and completed the interviews and signed-off my form, he could not find my file in their system. After checking with his manager and checking all other options, he told my husband (sponsor) and I that I cannot land on that day in Niagara because my details were not in the system and he could not "land" me. To make matters worse, he said that I have to call CIC helpdesk because I can no longer use the COPR that we had just answered and signed. So I got turned away, asked to call CIC Helpdesk, told that I would probably be asked to "land" in Etobicoke office after setting an appointment. They said it was due to a system glitch that prevents them from seeing the Ottawa-CPP data. There's no work-around as Border's system can't produce the file for landing.

I promptly called CIC helpdesk the next day, and, they said I had no recourse but to set an appointment with Etobicoke, ask Ottawa for a replacement COPR and wait until Etobicoke calls to confirm the appointment. And get this - I have to wait in line because there is a 2-month wait list in Etobicoke. I went to Etobicoke and they confirmed the system glitch so they are allowing some Ottawa-CPP to land in Etobicoke. I just wish they gave us notice so we wouldn't have made the journey!

Pretty bad. I've written to Ottawa-CPP to request for urgent landing, however, who knows if they can facilitate.

FYI, I'm an outland NY (despite already living in Toronto), submitted July 2013, processing started June 13, 2014, DM received June 20, 2014 and COPR June 25, 2014.

I don't know how folks from Ottawa-CPP who want to flagpole can check in advance and avoid this from happening to them. Good luck with the CIC offices and the Border office in Niagara.

Thanks for everyone's advice. Everything worked fine till landing.

???

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
going_nutz_waiting said:
Hi everyone.

After the Border Officer got my COPR and completed the interviews and signed-off my form, he could not find my file in their system. After checking with his manager and checking all other options, he told my husband (sponsor) and I that I cannot land on that day in Niagara because my details were not in the system and he could not "land" me. To make matters worse, he said that I have to call CIC helpdesk because I can no longer use the COPR that we had just answered and signed. So I got turned away, asked to call CIC Helpdesk, told that I would probably be asked to "land" in Etobicoke office after setting an appointment. They said it was due to a system glitch that prevents them from seeing the Ottawa-CPP data. There's no work-around as Border's system can't produce the file for landing.
Is this glitch ONLY for the Niagra border and an advisory to not land there? I am confused because there have been successful US/Canadian flagpoling reports at other borders, and don't understand how a file can't be found in the system?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rhcohen2014 said:
Is this glitch ONLY for the Niagra border and an advisory to not land there? I am confused because there have been successful US/Canadian flagpoling reports at other borders, and don't understand how a file can't be found in the system?
No, it's some sort of processing issue. I have seen occasional reports by other people that their information is not in the system. It's not dependent upon the specific POE. This is the first time I've heard someone state they cannot use their COPR (I recall someone reporting an issue, but they just had to reappear at the POE after they got it fixed.)

May 29, 2014
Can't reuse the COPR because it's fully answered and signed like I'm landed! But unfortunately I'm not because Niagara Border couldn't input the signed and completed COPR. So now, a new one has to be issued without the replies and the signoffs! Grrrr!

I should have scanned a really clean copy of the COPR without the picture before going to Niagara so I could attempt landing again in another border using the clean COPR copy, this time with an immigration office like Pearson so they hopefully have access to the same new system as Ottawa.

I don't know what's up with the system, but, waiting another 2 months because of someone's incompetence is quite painful! And, it doesn't help that the folks in Helpdesk and Etobicoke sound pretty almighty and all powerful making it crystal clear that I just have to wait.

Meanwhile, there's a bill pending that plans to remove the creditting of the time before PR towards citizenship, and, the same bill proposes to lengthen PR time from 3 of 4 years to 4 of 6 years. Double whammy. So I've got to try and get that PR confirmed asap. tsk tsk!

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
computergeek said:

That's not totally true. Vienna gave me 60 days to submit additional documents. My COPR was issued after 57 days. So they didn't wait 60 days to look at my documents

Jul 3, 2014
Hi all,

I am hoping for a little board wisdom here.

My wife is Canadian and I am American, but we live in Shanghai. We were married 13 months ago in Edmonton, and started the outland process in October. By the end of the month, she was approved as my sponsor and the application was forwarded to the visa office. Here is where the first bit of confusion sets in. On my application, I requested it be processed in Beijing - because I live in China and have so for the last decade, though I am not Chinese - but we can only assume that is where it went.

In mid-April we received an email saying the application was transferred to Ottawa and that they needed more info on my wife's progress in moving back to Canada and another look at her funds. For the former, why did it get sent to Ottawa? Why couldn't we send this material to Beijing? For the latter, the funds were easy, but it is difficult to come up with documentary proof that she is going to move back to Canada when that can't really happen until I, her husband, gets approved for PR.

Anyway, we put together a digital packet of as much info as we could get (mobile phone bills, she's on car insurance still, our bank statements, info showing she owns a business in Canada and is paying employees, etc), and Ottawa had it on May 15. The deadline was June 15, which is now nearly 3 weeks in the rearview mirror.

So when should we start getting worried? 7 weeks since they had our info, 3 weeks since their own deadline, and no update in ECAS.

Am I right in assuming that we are in the final stages of the application process?

Any insight would be very much appreciated!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Confused in China said:
Hi all,

My wife is Canadian and I am American, but we live in Shanghai. We were married 13 months ago in Edmonton, and started the outland process in October. By the end of the month, she was approved as my sponsor and the application was forwarded to the visa office. Here is where the first bit of confusion sets in. On my application, I requested it be processed in Beijing - because I live in China and have so for the last decade, though I am not Chinese - but we can only assume that is where it went.

In mid-April we received an email saying the application was transferred to Ottawa and that they needed more info on my wife's progress in moving back to Canada and another look at her funds. For the former, why did it get sent to Ottawa? Why couldn't we send this material to Beijing? For the latter, the funds were easy, but it is difficult to come up with documentary proof that she is going to move back to Canada when that can't really happen until I, her husband, gets approved for PR.

Anyway, we put together a digital packet of as much info as we could get (mobile phone bills, she's on car insurance still, our bank statements, info showing she owns a business in Canada and is paying employees, etc), and Ottawa had it on May 15. The deadline was June 15, which is now nearly 3 weeks in the rearview mirror.

So when should we start getting worried? 7 weeks since they had our info, 3 weeks since their own deadline, and no update in ECAS.

Am I right in assuming that we are in the final stages of the application process?

CIC will send an application where they see fit, no matter where the applicant is currently living. For the most part, an application will be processed per the applicant's home country, which in this case for you is the ottawa visa office. They don't have to take the applicant's request in consideration, as i'm sure there are policies relating to applicants living/working in another country than their home country.

usually when CIC asks for proof of the sponsor's intention to return to canada, people will outline a plan for their return. They may also include letters from family members who will help out financially or with a place to live. They may also include information about the specific area you intend to move to, what industry you intend to apply for jobs in, etc. Basically, CIC wants to know you have a plan and won't apply for social assistance as soon as you get back.

There's really no way to know for sure how long it will take the VO to respond to your information, if they do at all. I'm sure those who have gotten a similiar request will be able to give you an estimate. The good news is your application is "in process" and it's being worked on, so i imagine you are nearing the point of receiving your passport request and eventually getting a decision made! I don't think 3 weeks is anything to get stressed about. Currently applicants from september - january are getting additional info requests, ppr and landing, so i'm sure you will be hearing from them sooner rather than later.

kitty410

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Hi! based on my experience, i think 3 months is ok...It has been a few months since I submitted requested documents, but I am still waiting to hear back from them. I have sent a numerous emails, but cic said that my application is pending for review by officer. btw, are you in work visa or student visa in China? or just visitor/tourist visa?

Confused in China said:
Hi all,

boomlet

Dec 10, 2013
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-01-2014
File Transfer...
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2014
LANDED..........
16-11-2014
We received xxx xxxxxx application for permanent residence on January 20, 2014.

We started processing xxx xxxxxx application on June 25, 2014.

A decision has been made on xxx xxxxxx application. The office will contact xxx xxxxxx concerning this decision.

Not sure when it changed to DM since I haven't checked in a about a week.
Hopefully we are approved!
And hopefully many more to come for everyone still waiting.