VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
I've also been thinking the same thing! haha

M-6

Jan 3, 2013
Hello everyone
I am new to this website, what i want to know is if you make a mistake and send a letter to ottawa a time your angry with your spouse and ask them to delay the processing time because you don't want him here now, and than you realize the mistake you made and send them another letter do they still delay the case because of that.

Thank you

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
M-6 said:
Hello everyone
I am new to this website, what i want to know is if you make a mistake and send a letter to ottawa a time your angry with your spouse and ask them to delay the processing time because you don't want him here now, and than you realize the mistake you made and send them another letter do they still delay the case because of that.

Thank you
If they haven't started processing your application, or if you didn't provide a UCI, they probably won't even be able to match the letters to the application unless you supplied them with a specific file number or whatever. Also, I'm pretty sure that in order to properly withdraw an application from being processed you have to do a bit more than just write them a letter saying you made a mistake. But I could be wrong.

In addition to that, they won't simply "delay" your application because you ask them to, they would basically toss it out and you would have to re-apply when you were ready again. CIC doesn't have the resources or the time to set your application aside collecting dust while they wait for you to sort out your life, when in the meantime there are truckloads of other peoples applications waiting to be opened. And in addition to THAT, if I were you I'd be counting my lucky stars and hoping that they don't put 2 and 2 together and decide that this ordeal is a sign that your relationship isn't genuine or that your spouse isn't quite ready to move to Canada with you yet.

I apologize if this sounds harsh, maybe it is I have no idea. I've been a little stressed lately and I guess I'm tired of reading these stories where people do things like this to their spouse when here I am wishing everyday that I could just finally be able to be with my wife and live a happy normal life. I could never even think about doing something as childish as writing CIC a letter to tell them to delay the application because I want to get revenge on her.

Ugh, again, I'm sorry, but I needed to get that off my chest. I hope you figure everything out and that it turns out okay for the both of you. I need to spend less time reading these stupid forums.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Shylox said:
If they haven't started processing your application, or if you didn't provide a UCI, they probably won't even be able to match the letters to the application unless you supplied them with a specific file number or whatever. Also, I'm pretty sure that in order to properly withdraw an application from being processed you have to do a bit more than just write them a letter saying you made a mistake. But I could be wrong.

In addition to that, they won't simply "delay" your application because you ask them to, they would basically toss it out and you would have to re-apply when you were ready again. CIC doesn't have the resources or the time to set your application aside collecting dust while they wait for you to sort out your life, when in the meantime there are truckloads of other peoples applications waiting to be opened. And in addition to THAT, if I were you I'd be counting my lucky stars and hoping that they don't put 2 and 2 together and decide that this ordeal is a sign that your relationship isn't genuine or that your spouse isn't quite ready to move to Canada with you yet.

I apologize if this sounds harsh, maybe it is I have no idea. I've been a little stressed lately and I guess I'm tired of reading these stories where people do things like this to their spouse when here I am wishing everyday that I could just finally be able to be with my wife and live a happy normal life. I could never even think about doing something as childish as writing CIC a letter to tell them to delay the application because I want to get revenge on her.

Ugh, again, I'm sorry, but I needed to get that off my chest. I hope you figure everything out and that it turns out okay for the both of you. I need to spend less time reading these stupid forums.
Mostly agree with Shylox, but would add:

Immigrating is a serious undertaking and you don't want to mess with people (e.g. CIC) who have discretion. In all of our applications, however genuine our relationships, there's probably some little mistake, a technicality, or a missing piece of information that's enough to cause a grumpy visa officer to stamp "reject" on the file and move on. Part of crafting the perfect application is making it easy for CIC (first for Mississauga, then for the VO) to approve, and if that letter follows your application, you've just made it harder to approve.

M-6

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks for your reply and I am sorry if i made some people angry is just that things happen sometimes even you don't mean to happen.
I was approved and my file is in Ottawa since July and this happen after that and I did give my UCI number I am sure they know it is me wish me luck please.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
M-6 said:
Thanks for your reply and I am sorry if i made some people angry is just that things happen sometimes even you don't mean to happen.
I was approved and my file is in Ottawa since July and this happen after that and I did give my UCI number I am sure they know it is me wish me luck please.
In that case, I would expect they have withdrawn the application.

It doesn't prevent you from applying again, but you will need to explain why you withdrew sponsorship on your previous application. I'd also expect an interview.

M-6

Jan 3, 2013
computergeek said:
In that case, I would expect they have withdrawn the application.

It doesn't prevent you from applying again, but you will need to explain why you withdrew sponsorship on your previous application. I'd also expect an interview.

Thanks for the the reply, but u should know I didn't ask to withdraw if I wanted to withdraw I would have done it myself instead of saying delay it, it was mistake and if they withdrew woudn't they send my things back.

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
how can Ottawa do unjustice with few files...time line for ottawa is 12 months but i know people from pakistan there file got transfer to ottawa in nov 2011 and still they didnt heard any thing,,still waiting

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
IvanP said:
Mostly agree with Shylox, but would add:

Immigrating is a serious undertaking and you don't want to mess with people (e.g. CIC) who have discretion. In all of our applications, however genuine our relationships, there's probably some little mistake, a technicality, or a missing piece of information that's enough to cause a grumpy visa officer to stamp "reject" on the file and move on. Part of crafting the perfect application is making it easy for CIC (first for Mississauga, then for the VO) to approve, and if that letter follows your application, you've just made it harder to approve.
Totally agree.

And, again I apologize for being rude, I'm sorry you had problems with your spouse, and I hope that when you re-apply that your process is smooth and simple. But realistically if I were you, I would be prepared to be investigated more heavily and be ready for an interview. I guess it's just a small price to pay though.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
MRS SAM said:
how can Ottawa do unjustice with few files...time line for ottawa is 12 months but i know people from pakistan there file got transfer to ottawa in nov 2011 and still they didnt heard any thing,,still waiting
When Ottawa handles files for a different office (in this case Islamabad) the timeline is that of the foreign office not Ottawa.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
computergeek said:
When Ottawa handles files for a different office (in this case Islamabad) the timeline is that of the foreign office not Ottawa.
Really? That seems quite unfair. I definitely thought the opposite. CIC never ceases to baffle me haha

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Collingwood Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
Yeah I believe 12 months is for US applications.

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
:-X Ottawa has been a little too quiet to US applications. Hopefully their offices are full staffed now that the holiday season is over.

zero_03

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
28-07-2012
Med's Request
Sent with App / re-do request 30-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-12-2011 / 15-02-2013
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
04-05-2013
lunas said:
:-X Ottawa has been a little too quiet to US applications. Hopefully their offices are full staffed now that the holiday season is over.
They're busy with COPR for all the ppr's they issued in Dec :-X

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Hey all. Hopefully mine gets transferred to Ottawa soon and gets from stage 1 soon. Read my crazy horror story here :(