Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-12-2013
Buffy2323 said:
I bet it is!! And you had your good news, I have some too. I GOT A JOB FINALLY!!!! :) I got my first Canadian paycheck on Saturday, WOOHOO!!!!
woohoo!

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
Canuckluvus said:
Congrats NicAnn. Welcome to Canada finally!!!
Thanks Canuckluvus, so much good news lately, and I'm happy that Buffy can now help with those mounting bills! :)

timelady

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1: 17-05-2013
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-03-2014
computergeek said:
B4A is a continuation page for B4. The B4 has all the personal information about the importer. The B4A is just for listing things that didn't fit on the B4. So when he lands he should have a B4 + B4A(s) for stuff he is bringing and then a B4 + B4A(s) for "goods to follow". If he isn't bringing anything in when landing, just the "goods to follow' B4/B4A is needed.
I have a question about the "goods to follow". I don't think I'll have room to bring everything when I land. Some of it will stay at my parents' house in the US. I'll definitely have two B4 forms when I land--one for what I have with me and one for what's coming later.

My question: Is it okay for my parents to bring the rest of my goods with them later when they come visit? Or do *I* have to be with the goods when they come over the border?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
timelady said:
My question: Is it okay for my parents to bring the rest of my goods with them later when they come visit? Or do *I* have to be with the goods when they come over the border?
I know that common carriers (like movers) can use your "goods to follow" list so it should be OK. But realize your parents might be scrutinized more because CBSA will want to ensure they aren't moving to Canada themselves.

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
All,

Is it that there are cases where they (CPP-Ottawa) would directly approve the application and send out the COPR, without sending the PPR (passport request - either orginial/ scanned) ? Kindly advise.

I am asking this question based on "Securitron" post/ case. ----> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cppottawa-t118769.4470.html

bye !

Securitron said:
As of today, my status in ECAS has changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made"! I have not yet received an email from Ottawa yet stating what the decision is. Did not get a PPR, so hoping it's a positive result.

Buffy, can you update me on the spreadsheet?

Securitron

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
GeorgeJoseph said:
All,

Is it that there are cases where they (CPP-Ottawa) would directly approve the application and send out the COPR, without sending the PPR (passport request - either orginial/ scanned) ? Kindly advise.

I am asking this question based on "Securitron" post/ case. ----> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cppottawa-t118769.4470.html

bye !

I'd like to know as well. Only thing I can think of is that the scan sent with the application is good enough and they will send CoPR directly. Just a guess.

I also called CIC today and asked about my status, and they said:
A)Yes a decision was made.
B)No they won't tell me what it is.
C)Wait for the email/letter stating the decision.

Hoping I hear something soon. Weird to have DM status and no emails from them yet.

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi Securitron,

how did you contact them (CPP-Ottawa customer support) via phone ? there is no direct number for them, i guess ? we can contact them only via email or fax ? Please clarify .

Also, how many days did it took for the status getting changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made"?

By the way, based on ur timelines.... your case looks very very weired. The reason is, the people applied way back in may 2013 are waiting in the queue until now for PPR and ur case came to a conclusion very quickly (just in 7 months). Really surprising.

Seniors, Please share ur views and experiences.

thank you !

Securitron said:
I'd like to know as well. Only thing I can think of is that the scan sent with the application is good enough and they will send CoPR directly. Just a guess.

I also called CIC today and asked about my status, and they said:
A)Yes a decision was made.
B)No they won't tell me what it is.
C)Wait for the email/letter stating the decision.

Hoping I hear something soon. Weird to have DM status and no emails from them yet.

Securitron

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
GeorgeJoseph said:
Hi Securitron,

how did you contact them (CPP-Ottawa customer support) via phone ? there is no direct number for them, i guess ? we can contact them only via email or fax ? Please clarify .
CIC - Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100 - Must be inside Canada.
I am currently located in Winnipeg as a business visitor.

Also, how many days did it took for the status getting changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made"?
About 2 weeks

By the way, based on ur timelines.... your case looks very very weird. The reason is, the people applied way back in may 2013 are waiting in the queue until now for PPR and ur case came to a conclusion very quickly (just in 7 months). Really surprising.

Seniors, Please share ur views and experiences.

thank you !
Depends on each application. Some process faster than others. I provided more information than asked, minus the RPRF. Looking at the spreadsheets fro other people in the same class and same VO (Ottawa) the average processing time was about 7 months, so I'm in the right time frame.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
GeorgeJoseph said:
Yes, there have been a few such cases for both Ottawa and London.

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Thank You Securitron, Thank You for your quick responses.

But, one last question ...... do you know the exact DAY the status update happens in the CIC website ?

Also, if the sponsored person is here inside canada for the past 6 months on the visitor visa and once when he gets his PR in hand & goes for applying for the OHIP card/ Health Card, would he be eligible for it immediately or he has to wait for the next 3 months to be eligible for that ? or depends on the officer in the counter in the service ontario office ? or depends on the service ontario branch that I apply in ?

please advise.

bye !

Securitron said:
CIC - Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100 - Must be inside Canada.
I am currently located in Winnipeg as a business visitor.
About 2 weeks

Depends on each application. Some process faster than others. I provided more information than asked, minus the RPRF. Looking at the spreadsheets fro other people in the same class and same VO (Ottawa) the average processing time was about 7 months, so I'm in the right time frame.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
GeorgeJoseph said:
But, one last question ...... do you know the exact DAY the status update happens in the CIC website ?
Normally DM happens several days after the COPR is printed (or the refusal letter is issued). Note that if you haven't heard anything negative, a Decision Made is a positive decision. Negative decisions require communications with the applicant prior to refusal in order to ensure procedural fairness.

GeorgeJoseph said:
Also, if the sponsored person is here inside canada for the past 6 months on the visitor visa and once when he gets his PR in hand & goes for applying for the OHIP card/ Health Card, would he be eligible for it immediately or he has to wait for the next 3 months to be eligible for that ? or depends on the officer in the counter in the service ontario office ? or depends on the service ontario branch that I apply in ?
From what others have reported, my understanding is that the new PR must wait 3 months from the date of getting PR for OHIP (other provinces are definitely different).

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Securitron said:
As of today, my status in ECAS has changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made"! I have not yet received an email from Ottawa yet stating what the decision is. Did not get a PPR, so hoping it's a positive result.

Buffy, can you update me on the spreadsheet?
You are added Securitron. Congrats :)

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
GeorgeJoseph said:
Thank You Securitron, Thank You for your quick responses.

please advise.

bye !

I landed October 26 and live in Ontario, I applied for OHIP in December but you have to wait exactly 90 days to get health insurance once you land. My coverage started on January 25th. I got my cards in mid-January but there is an issue date on it of when you are eligible for coverage. It doesn't matter when you apply after you land but the 90 days starts from the date of landing. Hope that helps. Also, I was here for 3 months prior to landing but it didn't matter, it's all dependent on when you land at the border.

squishypenguin

Dec 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
AOR Received.
15-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
23-08-2013
LANDED..........
23-06-2014
Hi all,

I have sponsored by husband from the US and I received sponsorship approval Dec 2013. When I received it my first name was spelled incorrectly and I called the call center who said that Ottawa "would figure it out" when they started processing my application as it was clearly a typo. He said that once they figured it out they would adjust it in the system accordingly. He was nice and reassuring about it but I still wonder. On all the documents I sent to them my first name was spelled correctly and they also have a copy of my passport so I know it's definitely a typo.

I was wondering what you guys think? Should I email someone at Ottawa about this or just leave it? If I should do something, who should I contact? I am afraid that if I contact Ottawa they will pull the file and put it at the back of the queue again.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!