Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Ivan, what you're dealing with has me nervous about my hubby's COPR..
I mean they say that they sent it, but that doesn't mean anything

opmama

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-17-2013
File Transfer...
07-23-2013
Got first stage AOR this morning... (July 17th date). That's good - we're crossing the border in 10 days, so maybe we'll have SA by then.

lalune117

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested: 19-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
IvanP said:
Got our GCMS notes today. Interesting.

Compared them with the last set of notes, and it appears we have a new visa officer. I don't know why the visa officer who was previously processing the file is out of the picture. Perhaps fired, or quit, or sick, or dead... oh, who am I kidding, probably promoted. Anyhow, there's a new officer "name" recording incoming files and emails for our case, and that new officer requested my file from "reg" on June 4 and on June 13 noted that he/she was still waiting for the file.

I can't even let myself be hopeful that this will end soon.
Oh man! I am SO sorry, Ivan! That's awful! I'm angry FOR you! :mad:
I wish you all the luck though. *pixie dust*

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
brightredscream said:
Ivan, what you're dealing with has me nervous about my hubby's COPR..
I mean they say that they sent it, but that doesn't mean anything
At least you can get a duplicate COPR... if it didn't get sent or gets lost in the mail. I'm going to need to request my GCMS notes again because I have no faith at all that they haven't lost my family's file entirely, and the VO will waste another 3 months waiting for the file from "reg" until the published time expires and I can file a mandamus action. Maybe we should have just moved to Costa Rica...

rsjkd427

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-7-2012
AOR Received.
1-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-5-2012
Interview........
Waived (for now according to PPR)
Passport Req..
8-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2013
barefoot said:
I am a December applicant too and I had the same issue when trying to find out about my husband application through the cic call centre. They said the only way to communicate to the visa office was through email. They were not very responsive at the beginning but after a few emails they did get back to us. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you :).

My husband's COPR was mailed on July 8 so now we just waiting for the mail and then it is all over :)
'

Wow, you are lucky!! I applied July of last year and still waiting for COPR. Congratulations!

rsjkd427

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-7-2012
AOR Received.
1-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-5-2012
Interview........
Waived (for now according to PPR)
Passport Req..
8-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2013
IvanP said:
Got our GCMS notes today. Interesting.

Compared them with the last set of notes, and it appears we have a new visa officer. I don't know why the visa officer who was previously processing the file is out of the picture. Perhaps fired, or quit, or sick, or dead... oh, who am I kidding, probably promoted. Anyhow, there's a new officer "name" recording incoming files and emails for our case, and that new officer requested my file from "reg" on June 4 and on June 13 noted that he/she was still waiting for the file.

I can't even let myself be hopeful that this will end soon.
Wowwwwww. Maybe I should just give in an order my stupid GCMS notes already too. Time to face reality I suppose that I'm not going to get my COPR before my GCMS notes arrive since I've been putting it off since March and I'm still sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Since you have a new officer, maybe we do have the same one now. Apparently no amount of inquiry is motivating enough, even though our MP inquired twice and is one of the MP's that is a favourite candidate for Mayor of our city. Irritating.

Mushmash

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2012
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
25-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
barefoot said:
I am a December applicant too and I had the same issue when trying to find out about my husband application through the cic call centre. They said the only way to communicate to the visa office was through email. They were not very responsive at the beginning but after a few emails they did get back to us. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you :).

My husband's COPR was mailed on July 8 so now we just waiting for the mail and then it is all over :)

Ok thanks a bunch barefoot, ill try sending them some emails. Congratulations on COPR! :)

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
rsjkd427 said:
Wowwwwww. Maybe I should just give in an order my stupid GCMS notes already too. Time to face reality I suppose that I'm not going to get my COPR before my GCMS notes arrive since I've been putting it off since March and I'm still sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Since you have a new officer, maybe we do have the same one now. Apparently no amount of inquiry is motivating enough, even though our MP inquired twice and is one of the MP's that is a favourite candidate for Mayor of our city. Irritating.
You definitely should. It takes precisely 30 days, so you'll never get an up-to-date snapshot of your case, but it can be illuminating. Or infuriating. Or both!

Lkrammy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
IvanP said:
You definitely should. It takes precisely 30 days, so you'll never get an up-to-date snapshot of your case, but it can be illuminating. Or infuriating. Or both!
Yeah... I got my notes yesterday and now have more questions then answers. Like.. why my file has not been updated or touched since Feb/13. There was literally no useful info and basically everything said "Not started" which made me feel real great seen as Jan applicants have started receiving their PPR's already......... guess I won't be!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Lkrammy said:
Yeah... I got my notes yesterday and now have more questions then answers. Like.. why my file has not been updated or touched since Feb/13. There was literally no useful info and basically everything said "Not started" which made me feel real great seen as Jan applicants have started receiving their PPR's already......... guess I won't be!
Actually, that sounds normal. Usually what happens is that they don't touch your file for months, and then they do PPR, followed by COPR a few weeks after they receive the passport copy. The folks like me who are complaining received PPR in February or March (which was the first activity in 4 months or so, according to our GCMS notes) and then .... nothing for another 4 months. So, there's still a good chance you'll get your PPR soon, even if the notes show nothing since February.

Lkrammy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
IvanP said:
Actually, that sounds normal. Usually what happens is that they don't touch your file for months, and then they do PPR, followed by COPR a few weeks after they receive the passport copy. The folks like me who are complaining received PPR in February or March (which was the first activity in 4 months or so, according to our GCMS notes) and then .... nothing for another 4 months. So, there's still a good chance you'll get your PPR soon, even if the notes show nothing since February.

Hmmm. It said a lot of "Not Started" next to fields like security and criminality... it looks like all the basic work had not even been completed. Security checks i know take time also.

Your situation is super crappy and I'm so sorry to hear about it. You will get yours soon I hope!!!! Are you the sponsor or the applicant?

lalune117

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested: 19-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
Got a tracking number for my COPR arriving to me from my attorney! Estimated delivery is tomorrow! :)

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Lkrammy said:
Hmmm. It said a lot of "Not Started" next to fields like security and criminality... it looks like all the basic work had not even been completed. Security checks i know take time also.

Your situation is super crappy and I'm so sorry to hear about it. You will get yours soon I hope!!!! Are you the sponsor or the applicant?

I'm the Canadian citizen sponsor. My wife is principal applicant and our two kids (second generation born outside Canada, so not already Canadian) are dependent applicants.

On my GCMS notes there's nothing between October and late February, and I believe most applications are that way - the VO does everything at once, and might need to wait a day or so for a security check to come back, but mostly they rely on the police clearance certificates. So, it's not like they check one thing and put your application aside, they do all of it and then PPR ... unless they have a question, or the applicant didn't yet pay the RPRF. Then all bets are off. So, don't despair until you get PPR with a a request for something other than the passport.

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
COPR received today!!!! :eek: :p :'( ;D

adeolu

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
19/07/2013
brightredscream said:
COPR received today!!!! :eek: :p :'( ;D
Also received mine just now though it was mailed to my old address even though I had changed my address months ago to my new place. Thank God I have a friend that lives there and saw the mail just sitting on the counter like a junk mail...Well, am glad to be done with CIC.